2 Police Officers Ambushed, Shot at in ‘Unprovoked Attack’ in South Los Angeles: LAPD

Options
FourEfil
FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://ktla.com/2014/12/29/manhunt-underway-after-2-lapd-officers-ambushed-shot-at-in-south-la/

Los Angeles police called off an intense eight-hour manhunt Monday morning that began after two officers were ambushed in an “unprovoked attack” in the Vermont-Slauson neighborhood of South L.A. the previous night.

The officers from the LAPD’s 77th Division were responding to an unrelated radio call Sunday around 9:30 p.m. when two men opened fire on their patrol car at 62nd and Hoover streets (map), according to Los Angeles Police Department Detective Megan Aguilar.

Several rounds were shot in the direction of the officers, LAPD Capt. Lillian Carranza said.

“This was a completely unprovoked attack,” she added.

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “This was a completely unprovoked attack,” she added.
    No such thing as unprovoked with a cop.

HOWEVER...I'll withhold judgement until all the facts are in :)
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This reeks of all kinds of ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can believe this. Seems like people are starting to go on the attack.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good. They don't want to hear it its time they feel it.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh, there are no relations between the incidents of people being killed by cops and this. Correction: the relation isn't what you think it is. The media are hunting for these stories to give justification, to motivate-its merely propaganda to sway public opinion.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Bruh, there are no relations between the incidents of people being killed by cops and this. Correction: the relation isn't what you think it is. The media are hunting for these stories to give justification, to motivate-its merely propaganda to sway public opinion.

You might be right, but I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that random people throughout the country are using the current climate to go do things they've always wanted to do anyway. Just because the media pushes a narrative with a certain agenda doesn't make that narrative right. However, it also doesn't mean the narrative is wrong.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

You might be right, but I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that random people throughout the country are using the current climate to go do things they've always wanted to do anyway. Just because the media pushes a narrative with a certain agenda doesn't make that narrative right. However, it also doesn't mean the narrative is wrong.

What's interesting about what you said bruh? You're showing how the propaganda even works on you. What makes you really think that ambushing cops is something that just started in the late 2014? ? has been going down for a long time. Story doesn't make front page for numerous reasons.

It's nothing about "narratives", this is a simple formula without the need of the extra.