Do you think HELL is real ???

Options

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    This means nothing, unless this book shows that all people who have "near death experiences" experience similarly negative experiences.

If not, they are merely bad dreams that a select few have had.

bad dreams ??,that's like saying me and you both dreamt about Beyonce which is possible,but if we both say she had red panties and red shoes and we were in a red house,what's the possibility of us both having the exact same dream,and not just us but many others,coincidence ??
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    people gonna get enough thinkin they can do anything they want without going unpunished,i promise you down the line,we all gonna pay for what we did, and said to hurt people.thats why it's best to try your best to do good in life and repent to ? for all your sins.we aint perfect he knows we gonna make Many mistakes but just dont think you can continue to do wrong and expect good to come into your life.why would anyone want to go to hell cause they wanted to do what they wanted to do? So youre sayin you rather die with satan than to Live on earth and heaven forever? Once you go to hell thats It..? gonna turn his back on you and it's over for ya
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited January 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    Oh so you an atheist ? making this thread then??? I anit even gonna comment I had way too many atheist arguments with posters on here. All I'm gonna say is even if Hell and Heaven don't exist, it's extremely important to believe in such things in order to control the actions a person might make in their life. But then again you as an atheist would never contemplate such a thought.

i dont wanna argue either...but i will say that i dont need the threat of eternal damnation to keep me from killing, ? , or stealing...nor the reward of heaven for not doing those things...

but thats just me....
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I promise you on judgement day you gonna know theres a heaven or hell,cause ? gonna let you recognize.you think you saw hell on earth wait until he seperate the Goats from the Sheep(good vs bad)
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    people gonna get enough thinkin they can do anything they want without going unpunished,i promise you down the line,we all gonna pay for what we did, and said to hurt people.thats why it's best to try your best to do good in life and repent to ? for all your sins.we aint perfect he knows we gonna make Many mistakes but just dont think you can continue to do wrong and expect good to come into your life.why would anyone want to go to hell cause they wanted to do what they wanted to do? So youre sayin you rather die with satan than to Live on earth and heaven forever? Once you go to hell thats It..? gonna turn his back on you and it's over for ya

I disagree,I think once your in Hell and you agree to accept ? he'll take you back.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For example the story of Kane and Able is only a allegory for "jealousy".
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the bible is a teacher,you just gotta decide would you wanna die with satan or live on earth forever with ? ? choose one
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    bad dreams ??,that's like saying me and you both dreamt about Beyonce which is possible,but if we both say she had red panties and red shoes and we were in a red house,what's the possibility of us both having the exact same dream,and not just us but many others,coincidence ??
    I've had dreams in which I've been tortured, burned, eaten by humans, drowned in acid, tossed in a meat grinder, hit by a meteor, struck by lightning, etc. However, I was not close to dying when I had them, does this mean I've seen Hell as well?

It's quite natural to dream while unconscious, as it is to have nightmares. It is also known that one's thoughts, fears, and experiences can affect their dreaming. Similar dreams merely means people have at some point experienced similar stimuli.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i dont wanna argue either...but i will say that i dont need the threat of eternal damnation to keep me from killing, ? , or stealing...nor the reward of heaven for not doing those things...

but thats just me....

Well then your a good strong minded person, but out of the Billions of people on this planet without the concept of heaven and hell the world would end as we know it.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the bible is a teacher,you just gotta decide would you wanna die with satan or live on earth forever with ? ? choose one

oh really, who forced that ? point of view on you and please don't say you discovered it through osmosis.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    oh really, who forced that ? point of view on you and please don't say you discovered it through osmosis.

you already know..

either his parents or grand parents would be my guess
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well if yall choose hell thats on you,im not gonna argue with satan's people
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well if yall choose hell thats on you,im not gonna argue with satan's people

So are you gonna tell us how you "discovered" there was a hell and heaven?
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Bible says, "it is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement" (Hebrews 9:27). ie. Heaven or Hell.

Read below how the final judgement will happen and see how some will go to eternal hell.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before ? ; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire [eternal hell]. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:11-15 KJV)

Your physical body will decay in the ground at death but ? will resurrect your soul (the real you - you are not your body, the body is a tent for your soul) to either eternal punishment in hell or eternal life in heaven (Matthew 25:31-46 parable of the sheep and goats).

Jesus said, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation." (John 5:28-29) The Bible says that after death, some go to heaven and some go to hell. And hell is forever. Hell is eternal! Hell is everlasting! If you go to hell you will not be getting out, ever!!!
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Apparently you didn't get the jist of what i said. I said how "you" discovered, not what was told to you.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    There is no heaven or hell, everything in the bible is symbolism, metaphors, and allegory for contrast (light and dark). Light representing (consciousness) and darkness (suffering,pain,greed,unconsciousness). The whole concept of hell and religion as a whole is human construct imo.

aha! This is what the poet George Herbert tried to describe his religious belief with living in hell and being uplifted with ? 's good graces by becoming conscious of how he abandon his thoughts of ? . Loves you for this usmarine. oh yea the poem is called The Flower.. great ? he wrote
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    were already living in hell ...
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People don't like to hear about hell. But I'm here to tell you that if Jesus is not your Lord and Savior, you are on your way to hell. Some of you will be upset at this bad news. You think that I'm all gloom and doom. Tell me this...if your house were on fire, would you want me to let you know? Of course you would. You'd probably thank me for telling you. Well, if you go to hell, YOU will be the one on fire.

Hell may not be a politically correct topic these days, but many people enter hell everyday. Out of the 120,000 people that die everyday, most end up in hell. Hell is a real place despite the fact that people laugh and say that they want to go there. They simply don't understand how terrible hell is. Just because you've never seen hell doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We have a searing, accurate description of what hell is like in ? 's word. Hell is awful and if you don't believe in Jesus, you'd better get on the stick or else that's going to be your eternal destination.

Satan, the (small ? ) of this world, WILL NOT always cause havoc. His doom is already foretold, "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:10)

Did you know that if you do not belong to Jesus Christ you belong to Satan? You don't have to be a card carrying Satanist to serve Satan. You don't have to be a murderer, drunkard or drug addict, either. All you have to do is ignore Jesus Christ. If you don't have Jesus today, you are deceived and hell bound--you are a child of hell, a child of the devil.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS. (Matthew 25:41)

Men go to hell because they choose the devil's way and reject the Lord Jesus. ? is holy and will not allow any sin in His kingdom. As a result, when people die in their sins they are forever banished from the presence of ? to a place called hell--and it ain't pretty. Incidentally, Satan won't be ruling in the lake of fire. He'll be screamin' and hollerin' just like everybody else--

the devil...shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:10)

Think about this...? , out of profound love for you--a vile sinner who has transgressed His commandments--let His own beautiful, dear Son be sacrificed for YOUR sins! Jesus wasn't a sinner. He didn't sin one time. He didn't die for Himself. He died for you. To save YOU. That's why He is called the Saviour. Because He SAVES from hell! If you reject His sacrifice and trod it underfoot it should not be too hard for you to understand that the same ? who sacrificed His beloved Son will expeditiously cast your rebellious hind parts into hell and the lake of fire. NOTHING unclean will ever enter ? 's heaven--and all unregenerate people are unclean. I too was once dead in trespasses and sins, but one lovely day I turned my face to Jesus and got washed in the blood. You can too--no matter what you've done.

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

? does not want you in hell! Jesus came to save you from that horrible place! Don't lie and say ? puts people in hell! Get right with Jesus and you won't go there! Look at these scriptures:

As I live, saith the Lord ? , I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die... (Ezekiel 33:11)

The Lord is...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (II Peter 3:9)
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    are you asking is their a physical sense of hell or if it's a position, like how your in hell being far from ? ' light?
  • TrojanMan510
    TrojanMan510 Members Posts: 20
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if you believe there is a Heaven then you have to believe in Hell as well
  • Gangsta Shit
    Gangsta Shit Members Posts: 1,025 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    grown folk believing that ? smh
  • texican11
    texican11 Members Posts: 447
    edited January 2010
    Options
    @Young_Souf_Money

Please stop quoting the book of Jewish FairyTales...

"People don't like to hear about hell. But I'm here to tell you that if Jesus is not your Lord and Savior, you are on your way to hell..."

1)What or who makes you so special that you are the one to tell "us" all about the good word?

2)So acordinng to you, if you dont believe in "Jesus" as the Lord and Savior you are going to hell huh?... so every on in the east is going to hell?...
    What makes Christanity so special/The choosen 1 ?...

3)"So are you gonna tell us how you "discovered" there was a hell and heaven? ("how "you" discovered, not what was told to you".) -Usmarin3

*Good ? question dude...
    1449225 Members Posts: 164
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No............
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nope.. Religious scare tactics that actually contradict the idea of a loving, forgiving ? .
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    texican11 wrote: »
    @Young_Souf_Money

Please stop quoting the book of Jewish FairyTales...

"People don't like to hear about hell. But I'm here to tell you that if Jesus is not your Lord and Savior, you are on your way to hell..."

1)What or who makes you so special that you are the one to tell "us" all about the good word?

2)So acordinng to you, if you dont believe in "Jesus" as the Lord and Savior you are going to hell huh?... so every on in the east is going to hell?...
    What makes Christanity so special/The choosen 1 ?...

3)"So are you gonna tell us how you "discovered" there was a hell and heaven? ("how "you" discovered, not what was told to you".) -Usmarin3

*Good ? question dude...

Why shouldnt I not tell you about the good word?alot of you need ? and Jesus in your lives anyway.I dont have to explain myself,Just get yourself Right and if you Dont ,then thats all on you.Dont ever say noone tried to warn you.Alot of you will believe in Aliens before you do ? the one who created us all.Keep being bullheaded.