FOX - Gracepoint (TV Crime-drama)

Options
marc123
marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gracepoint is a 10-episode American crime drama television series created by Chris Chibnall.It is a remake of Chibnall's UK drama series Broadchurch, and also stars that series' lead, David Tennant, along with Anna Gunn, as two detectives investigating the murder of a boy in a small, tightly knit coastal town.The series premiered on October 2, 2014, on Fox.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R9vpVgYBVnI

I dont trust fox but the trailer looks interesting, plus im a sucker for a murder mystery. Anyone gave it a watch yet , imma check it out. Michael Pena is my ? btw.

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody peep yet? Was gonna try it but the on demand on my TV doesn't have the first 2 episodes. Too lazy to download or stream.
    Cosign on Pena. Seen dude in the commercial and it peaked my interest. He holds his roles down. Anybody know if this ? nice?
  • marc123
    Options
    Jus binge watched the 1st 3 episodes. Solid watch, i ? with it. Few things kinda irk me tho. Looking 4ward to watching the rest of the season.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I made a thread about this before it started, It's a good show.
  • marc123
    Options
    Anna Gunn looks like a wet dog.
  • marc123
    Options
    Yall sleepin on this show.

Jus finished all 8 episodes. Show is nice af imo.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Word. I'll check it out. Good look.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's ok but after 8 episodes you really don't know anything and they really haven't progressed the story line at all...looks like we get soem real info next episode.

acting pretty good on the show
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    I just want to point out that Jessica Lucas is fine as ? . That is all.
  • marc123
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    it's ok but after 8 episodes you really don't know anything and they really haven't progressed the story line at all...looks like we get soem real info next episode.

They haven't revealed that much plot wise, but its been a fun watch imo. Story has keep me guessing. Something is up with kid n his computer and the old lady in the trailerpark is creepy af.

Co sign the acting tho.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

They haven't revealed that much plot wise, but its been a fun watch imo. Story has keep me guessing. Something is up with kid n his computer and the old lady in the trailerpark is creepy af.

Co sign the acting tho.

lady at the tralier park weird af....she fits that role perfectly
  • marc123
    Options

Co sign the acting tho.

lady at the tralier park weird af....she fits that role perfectly

Them eyes cold as ice lol. I dont think she the killer tho
  • marc123
    Options
    Jus finished ep 9. I think the killer is the lil kid Tom.
  • marc123
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Rumor is it got cancelled, but no official word from fox.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    It was only a 10 part series bruh. Lol and I think that old lady did it, I been said she was too wierd.

And I aint no ? mexican @marc123‌ Raphael Coronado is my playa name.
  • marc123
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Jus finished the finale. I wont spoil it for anyone, but it was solid. Alil better than i thought it would be, decent twist at the end.
  • marc123
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It was only a 10 part series bruh. Lol and I think that old lady did it, I been said she was too wierd.

And I aint no ? mexican @marc123‌ Raphael Coronado is my playa name.

There was gonna be a 2nd season focused on another murder, but word is its gettin canceled due to low ratings. Based on the finale, the murder was solved but the story isnt finished. Maybe Netflix will pick it up.

And lol ? , i kno u aint mexican. I was jus ? wit u cuz u got heated when someone else called u a mexican in another thread.
  • marc123
    Options
    so no one else gave this a watch?
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Shoulda came back to the thread. We just spent the night watching this ? . Got to where they show tom hitting him with the paddle and shut that ? off. Debating whether I should watch the last 15 mins. Really didn't realize this show was a one off. Completely went over my head. Wonder if the writers went the easy way in the original as well. Weak and predictable finish (unless some wild ? happens in the last 15 mins). Still can't stand that ? that played Skyler white. Hate her ? long ass face. I smiled lowkey when she found out the bad news.

Felt like it was building up to be classic but its just some basic ass ? happens story.

Edit. Went back and finished it. Lackluster. That's the usual with fox tho. They've never been much for finishing shows properly.
  • marc123
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i thought the ending was cool
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    i thought the ending was cool

? else was supposed to happen tho? What else could she do? How could carver not put it together? By episode 7 you for sure knew the deal. You could prolly tell earlier. Which made the ending that much more weak and anticlimactic. Just seemed too simple for me.

Anyone watch the original?
  • marc123
    Options
    Either way, it jus got cancelled.

Maybe Netflix will pick it up.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can always watch the UK version. Its on its 2nd season now.
  • marc123
    Options
    Those accents annoy me lol