Extremist gunmen ? 12 at Paris newspaper. Revenge for cartoon prophet satire. (video)

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeshua said that the commandments of the old testament were still in tact and that he had not come to contradict those laws. @zombie explain please.

sorry i explained this a million times on here already and most likely i will again but not this night, i know where the discussion will go and i just don't have the energy for that right now.
  • vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you still think UN banning religion is out of reach.....
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    it really does not matter if ka' bin was a traitor or not once he posed no physical threat muhammand if muhammad was a real prophet should have forgiven him even if we was just talking ? or financially supporting anti muslims. Prophets of ? should not so scared of political enemies that they co-sign lying and murder they would rather die then do that. where was the trust in ? to protect him and the muslims???

jesus forgave judas and the people that but him on the cross.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    vitoria wrote: »
    Do you still think UN banning religion is out of reach.....

the U.N does not have the power nor does it have the ? to do such a thing.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I barely read this thread but i don't think it's ? up. I barely get to hear it from the side of a Muslim. Usually people are throwing the entire group under the buss, but i have to wonder how so many people become Muslim even when war wasn't a factor? It's usually Christian vs Christian doctrine or some sudo religion being argued here, but i barely see people really break down the Koran on here. Religion plays a heavy role on what's going on in Paris. This topic isn't only being discussed in this context here. At the end of the day, it's all ? to me, but, there is some truth buried inside.

war was almost always a factor muhammad goes to war all the ? time before he died he told his followers to expel all not muslims from arabia. how the ? are you going to do that without war.

Calm down ? . There are Muslims all over the world that converted without war being a factor. i was trying to get some insight into that.

Yeah now they convert peacefully but it did not start that way.

Spanish Inquisition

That is christian history not christian doctrine do you understand????
  • zombie
    Options
    I barely read this thread but i don't think it's ? up. I barely get to hear it from the side of a Muslim. Usually people are throwing the entire group under the buss, but i have to wonder how so many people become Muslim even when war wasn't a factor? It's usually Christian vs Christian doctrine or some sudo religion being argued here, but i barely see people really break down the Koran on here. Religion plays a heavy role on what's going on in Paris. This topic isn't only being discussed in this context here. At the end of the day, it's all ? to me, but, there is some truth buried inside.

war was almost always a factor muhammad goes to war all the ? time before he died he told his followers to expel all not muslims from arabia. how the ? are you going to do that without war.

Calm down ? . There are Muslims all over the world that converted without war being a factor. i was trying to get some insight into that.

Yeah now they convert peacefully but it did not start that way.

Spanish Inquisition

That christian history not christian doctrine do you understand????
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    So basically ? was specifically told if they did something enough times they'd get killed for it and they proceeded to do said thing and got killed for it?

A lto of this is white western arrogance. Only crackers go out of their way to offend people and call it "satire." Nah ? you was just clownin...but cuz crackers is doing it it's political all the sudden. FOH...

I dont think them crackers deserved to die but I also dont feel sorry for them. You know Islamic ? is crazy just like I know Cops is crazy and trigger happy so I aint gonna approach one and shove him in the chest talkin bout "bet you wont ? me ? !"

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddd....

well but to see the bigger picture, they also made fun of christians, jews and far right politicians its not just muslims and arabs.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options

Amazing footage, ? .....the Jewish store hostage taker just came right at them, he must've been shot like 20 plus times.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yeshua said that the commandments of the old testament were still in tact and that he had not come to contradict those laws. @zombie explain please.

Amazing how Zombie will never admit to this. For hundreds of years, pastors, priests, Popes and reverends knew what was up but Zombie in 2015 is still in denial. Funny that when Jesus allegedly came back to life, he never bothered to write a new religious book himself to clear up his feelings on the Old Testament. Instead, he let his quotes of giving his full support for the OT stand the test of time.

It should also be noted the New Testament doesn't criticize the OT either, the old bloodthirsty "prophets" are still revered in that book.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Meanwhile, Al-Qaeda is threatening more attacks in France, saying that as long as France and the west continue aggression against Muslims worldwide, more brutal terror will follow. That cute chick is still free too

http://news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-yemen-threatens-france-attacks-225538348.html

Washington (AFP) - A top sharia official from Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) threatened France with fresh attacks following those at the Charlie Hebdo magazine and at a Jewish supermarket, SITE monitoring group said Friday.

"It is better for you to stop your aggression against the Muslims, so perhaps you will live safely. If you refuse but to wage war, then wait for the glad tiding," Harith al-Nadhari was quoted saying in a video.

AL-Qaeda also claims to have directed the attacks and gave a list of reasons why the attack was justified

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/09/alwaki-paris/

One: Touching Muslims’ sanctity and protecting those who make blasphemy have dear price and the punishment will be severe.

Two: The crimes of the Western countries, above them America, Britain and France will backfire deep in their home.

Three: The policy of hitting the snake’s head followed by the Al-Qaeda organization under the leadership of Adhawahiri is still achieving its goals; until the West retreats.
  • zombie
    Options
    It's amazing that people always over look the fact that jesus said he fulfilled the old laws, people over look that just to justify their own personal view.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hard to feel bad for the victims after actually seeing the cartoons...but there were no winners in this situation
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i won't get too deep into my thoughts on this, RIP to those who lost lives, but this wasn't just over one cartoon and it isnt about freedom of speech. here is an article that shares my perspective :

https://medium.com/@asgharbukhari/charlie-hebdo-this-attack-was-nothing-to-do-with-free-speech-it-was-about-war-26aff1c3e998
    Most white people don’t like to admit it, but those cartoons upheld their prejudice, their racism, their political supremacy, and cut it how you will — images like that upheld a political order built on discrimination.
  • zombie
    Options
    I'm still seeing people on tv saying this has nothing to do with Islam.... Smh
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    i won't get too deep into my thoughts on this, RIP to those who lost lives, but this wasn't just over one cartoon and it isnt about freedom of speech. here is an article that shares my perspective :

https://medium.com/@asgharbukhari/charlie-hebdo-this-attack-was-nothing-to-do-with-free-speech-it-was-about-war-26aff1c3e998
    Most white people don’t like to admit it, but those cartoons upheld their prejudice, their racism, their political supremacy, and cut it how you will — images like that upheld a political order built on discrimination.

Very powerful article, I mostly agree with it
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's amazing that people always over look the fact that jesus said he fulfilled the old laws, people over look that just to justify their own personal view.

He fulfilled it AND gave his full support of it AND said people must obey the laws if one wants to enter heaven? If you say so.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lassana Bathily, Muslim Employee At Kosher Market, Saved Several People During Paris Hostage Situation

2491CAFF00000578-2903950-image-m-25_1420930376011.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/10/lassana-bathily_n_6448500.html
    Lassana Bathily, a Muslim employee at Paris Kosher grocery store Hyper Cacher, saved several people by hiding them in a walk-in freezer when a gunman laid siege to his workplace on Friday.

Amedy Coulibaly burst into the market and opened fire, killing 4 people. He took several shoppers hostage and threatened to ? them if police stormed the printing shop where Cherif and Said Kouachi, who killed 12 people in an attack on the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo earlier in the week, were holed up in a village to the north.

Bathily, identified by French media as a "Malian Muslim," helped several customers to safety as the chaos unfolded. "I went down to the freezer, I opened the door, there were several people who went in with me. I turned off the light and the freezer," Bathily, 24, told French network BFMTV. "I brought them inside and I told them to stay calm here, I'm going to go out. When they got out, they thanked me."
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options

He fulfilled it AND gave his full support of it AND said people must obey the laws if one wants to enter heaven? If you say so.

lies and distortion if that were true we would still have to ? goats for forgiveness
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options

lies and distortion if that were true we would still have to ? goats for forgiveness

No it's simply an inconvenient truth for you. Jesus had plenty of opportunities to tell his fellow rabbis and followers that the Old Testament should NOT be followed and should NOT be taken seriously. Instead he said the exact opposite. There's a reason many religious CHRISTIAN leaders and politicians for hundreds upon hundreds of years stated slavery and oppression of others who are different is A-OKAY. Live in denial if you wish, I have the quotes, passages, and past Christian pastors, Popes, deacons, bishops and reverends who back me up. YOU LOSE, reality wins. Your little words online doesn't change history and doesn't change anything I said.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options

No it's simply an inconvenient truth for you. Jesus had plenty of opportunities to tell his fellow rabbis and followers that the Old Testament should NOT be followed and should NOT be taken seriously. Instead he said the exact opposite.There's a reason many religious CHRISTIAN leaders and politicians for hundreds upon hundreds of years stated slavery and oppression of others who are different is A-OKAY. Live in denial if you wish, I have the quotes, passages, and past Christian pastors, Popes, deacons, bishops and reverends who back me up. YOU LOSE, reality wins. Your little words online doesn't change history and doesn't change anything I said.

Quotes from pastors mean nothing unless you have a quote from jesus saying it's ok to ? , steal and enslave people you don't have an argument. BASICALLY WHAT you are doing is blaming jesus for people disobeying him you make weak intellectually dishonest arguments THAT CAN be easily picked apart.

If i was arguing that christian history was not ? then you would have a point but i am not arguing that you idiot. i could care less about anything you have to say and your words are valued less than the farts coming out of my ass. The reality is i have shown you why you are wrong many times already you just want to stay willfully ignorant and stupid.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

No it's simply an inconvenient truth for you. Jesus had plenty of opportunities to tell his fellow rabbis and followers that the Old Testament should NOT be followed and should NOT be taken seriously. Instead he said the exact opposite.There's a reason many religious CHRISTIAN leaders and politicians for hundreds upon hundreds of years stated slavery and oppression of others who are different is A-OKAY. Live in denial if you wish, I have the quotes, passages, and past Christian pastors, Popes, deacons, bishops and reverends who back me up. YOU LOSE, reality wins. Your little words online doesn't change history and doesn't change anything I said.

Quotes from pastors mean nothing unless you have a quote from jesus saying it's ok to ? , steal and enslave people you don't have an argument. BASICALLY WHAT you are doing is blaming jesus for people disobeying him you make weak intellectually dishonest arguments THAT CAN be easily picked apart.

If i was arguing that christian history was not ? then you would have a point but i am not arguing that you idiot. i could care less about anything you have to say and your words are valued less than the farts coming out of my ass. The reality is i have shown you why you are wrong many times already you just want to stay willfully ignorant and stupid.

Way too much info....
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    LOL at the president of France walking out on international terrorist Benjamin Netanyahu when he was making his speech in a Jewish synagogue.....reports say Hollande of France didn't even want to shake Netanyahu's hand and asked him not to come. He knows like other intelligent people do that Netanyahu has helped create more terrorists then even the cartoons did
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    btw if you didn't hear by now those racist caricatures ya'll were SMH'n at earlier were actually mocking French Racism

bw9vky20kbczzaji0kuo.jpg

This drawing by Charb, has gotten poeple outside of France (and even people in France too), screaming for racism. "He is drawing a black woman as a monkey! How can you say it's not a racist drawing!!". Well, yes, it IS a racist drawing. That's the whole point of it.

In 2013, Christiane Taubira ended up on the facebook account of a candidate for the Front National / Rassemblement Bleu Marine (National Front and Marine-Blue Meeting, extreme right-wing party in France, two names for only one party), compared with a monkey. Here is the picture for you:

jnaxuxm6zoq0h4ly5wfr.jpg

Next to the picture she wrote: "In this picture, all is said. I'd prefer to see her hanging out in trees rather than in the government. She is a savage with an evil smile." adding at the end "But it's not racist!"

She ended up being suspended from the Front National and if I recall correctly she had to pay a fine.

Of course, soon after, extreme right-wing newspaper "Minute" pictured her smiling, saying she had "the banana", a french expression meaning she is smiling and happy with the verdict against the Front National.

So Charb decided to draw his vision of the Front National, exposing the thoughts and what the "Rassemblement Bleu Marine" really was: The "Rassemblement Bleu RACISTE" a political party who sees black people as monkeys and find it normal. It's not like the title of the whole drawing doesn't explain that yes, it's depicting something racist. But people often ignored the whole title, nor did they even bother reading the entire article next to it and focused on the picture, taking it out of its context.

The history of Charb, as a cartoonist for the MRAP, a famous anti-racism french NGO, had been quickly forgotten and he even had to go justify himself (he was used to it though) for this drawing, even though anyone who could read french would easily notice that this is a satire.

1075866729987323240.jpg

"Oh my ? , two white people have a black person on a leech pictured as a dog!!!!"

Yep, how much more racist can it be huh?

Context maybe? I mean that could help right? Last year, the strong conservative right wing side of France was on the streets to protest against same-sex mariage. At the same time, a few modern slavery stories made the front pages as some rich traditionalist families got arrested actually having modern-days slaves, usually immigrants with their passeport confiscated, that they did not pay and had work 20 hours a day at their home, with no possiblities to go out.

So Charlie Hebdo drew this, saying that in order to be accepted as "normal" by those traditionalists, ? people had to AT LEAST be like them: a family has to be made of two parents and one slave, like they were doing.

What people may have a hard time understanding also, is Charlie Hebdo's constant religion bashing. Lots of people also accuse CH to be particulary against Muslims and Islam. And well, they are against Islam for sure. Not only are they atheists, they are also antitheists. Religion in general is ridiculous to them and they do see religions as one the main problems of today's world. But what they are not against, is muslim people. They understand that they have a certain belief, but they also feel the right to laugh about it and make fun of that belief. They do it for every religions. They are arguably quite worse when it comes to Christian religion. Here are some of the past covers of Charlie Hebdo on the subject:

cqfk6r7ylgk8w8dqexp4.jpg

ebglqzrkfqefcfxxiyxo.jpg

translation: "Jewish ass!: Does racism create more sales? We'll tell you next week!" LOL

http://flyingfrenchy.kinja.com/charlie-hebdo-and-why-its-always-been-an-anti-racist-ne-1678770097/1678993766/+maxread