Why does Recovery get so much hate?

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i bought a bootleg version of relapse back in the gap that was the real eminem. judging by those relapse videos i saw on mtv.... that was the eminem i wasn't ? with. that whole i need a doctor and that monster duet with rihanna had me at a state of wtf is this ? ?!?! after that i could care less for the rest of relapse. i still have that bootleg copy of relapse. but i would listen to relapse on repeat 10 x's before giving recovery some consideration.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    macadonwoo wrote: »
    ? this thread I started , Relapse >>>>>>>> Recovery.. I still think recovery was good but......m
    I gotta lay off the mollys

So what we have here is yet ANOTHER white poster, who is an Eminem stan, that reinforces the notion that the nuances of hip-hop culture are completely lost on them.

Better than most albums released in the last 4 years? Smh... And you're not cool because you do Mollys, if you even do... ? follower.

Why does this site keep getting infiltrated by these parasites? It's like KTT's leftovers come over here and run amok.

Shut the ? up ? Boi.
    Bet your mom is parasite on several ? a night.

I'm not a Em Stan .
    I'M a hiphop fan ?
    EM is in my top five yes but he only at 4.

People that talk ? like you you racist ? should get Aids and die

Which your momma probably already gave to you through birth

You ? ?
  • macadonwoo
    Options
    Go Whitney Huston yourself in a bathtub ? Like water

Like water what's that supposed to mean anyway b??

You drink ? like it's water??

I wish I could punch you in the face with the front of my car
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ? this thread I started , Relapse >>>>>>>> Recovery.. I still think recovery was good but......m

So what we have here is yet ANOTHER white poster, who is an Eminem stan, that reinforces the notion that the nuances of hip-hop culture are completely lost on them.

Better than most albums released in the last 4 years? Smh... And you're not cool because you do Mollys, if you even do... ? follower.

Why does this site keep getting infiltrated by these parasites? It's like KTT's leftovers come over here and run amok.

^^^This white guy called a black man "boi" and said he should get aids and assumed his mother had it too, true colors just showed. racist ? should be banned.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf at this whole thread
  • macadonwoo
    Options

This white guy called a black man "boi" and said he should get aids and assumed his mother had it too, true colors just showed. racist ? should be banned.

I'm the farthest thing from racist , I ju

• macadonwoo
    Options
    You Mad,?? @Built 4 cuban linx
    You mad....
    Lol

Didn't like my Wu Tang g string comment in the other thread so now you trolling..

I don't see color boi

I'm color blind

You should be too.

My Girlfriend is black and so is my best friend.
    Bet that ? you off but it's true.

Beyond these screens you don't know me and I don't know you but I bet I'm more of a man then your racist ? ass will ever be.

Now you and like water or whatever go young thug each other in a port a ? ok..

• BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

PROOOOVE IT

PIX
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You mad....
    Lol

Didn't like my Wu Tang g string comment in the other thread so now you trolling..

I don't see color boi

I'm color blind

You should be too.

Beyond these screens you don't know me and I don't know you but I bet I'm more of a man then your racist ? ass will ever be.

lol Im not mad, I was trolling no lie but serious question, why Is every one of your jokes on some ? ? tho, You picturing me in a wu tang g string, you saying like water is drinking ? or some ? now you saying we need to young thug each other in a port a ? , the ? ?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go Whitney Huston yourself in a bathtub Like water

... Like Water... comes from a Bruce Lee theory. Not that it matters though. You obviously aren't of the intellectual capacity to argue intelligently with me, so I already won.

And ctfu at your cliche, keyboard warrior, ? ass white boy response. Really? That's it? No witty, creative, humorous gifs or anything? Tsk, Tsk... You disappoint white people everywhere.

And by definition, black people aren't racist. Am I prejudiced though? You ? right I am. I'm inherently skeptical of white people in general. That way, when they respond in the matter in which you did, I'm not surprised or angry. All you did was reaffirm my beliefs.

Of course there are exceptions to this generalization, but you aren't one of them.

With that being said, I feel completely justified in calling you a "soulless edomite, pink-faced, ? muthafucka."

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Em gets so much hate on this board.
    I pride myself in not being racist at all.
    I got lots of black friends, my gf is black , my top 5 mc s are black except Em who's at 4.

So is it just racist hate that some of y'all hate??

This actually had me laughing
  • macadonwoo
    Options

... Like Water... comes from a Bruce Lee theory. Not that it matters though. You obviously aren't of the intellectual capacity to argue intelligently with me, so I already won.

And ctfu at your cliche, keyboard warrior, ? ass white boy response. Really? That's it? No witty, creative, humorous gifs or anything? Tsk, Tsk... You disappoint white people everywhere.

And by definition, black people aren't racist. Am I prejudiced though? You ? right I am. I'm inherently skeptical of white people in general. That way, when they respond in the matter in which you did, I'm not surprised or angry. All you did was reaffirm my beliefs.

Of course there are exceptions to this generalization, but you aren't one of them.

With that being said, I feel completely justified in calling you a "soulless edomite, pink-faced, ? muthafucka."

^^^^^ This was pretty good lol

I can't even hate.

That last line had me laughing hard.

• macadonwoo
    Options
    Katt William - White Friends: http://youtu.be/Ciu_ezmq_hQ

My appoligies and my peace offering to you both in the former of Mr Katt Williams.
  • macadonwoo
    Options
    *in the form of
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm no stan but Royce doesn't have the ability of Em.

Eminem been poo for a while but he still has Stan and a few other classic songs and debatable classic albums
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got lots of black friends, my gf is black , my top 5 mc s are black except Em who's at 4.

It has nothing to do with race. Eminem is a top 10 lyricist maybe even top 5 (depends on everyone's taste) but what keeps him from anyone taking him serious is for every "Like Toy Soliders" or "Sing for the moment" track he has, he has a "Just Lose it" or that ? awful "? " joint he thought would be a good idea.

I gotta admit. I'm a big Michael Jackson fan but I like Just lose it.
  • onthafly
    edited February 2015
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

it's just ppl being stupid and racist....recovery is an excellent album, not a classic but it's still good

it's just ppl being stupid and racist....recovery is an excellent album, not a classic but it's still good

So college dropout and late registration is weak but this album is "excellent" smh reason ?

college dropout is good, i've always said that, but late registration is doo doo grits....you can't compare kanye to eminem, kanye isn't on eminems level with heart or lyrics...not to mention he ain't the producer he once was either

kanye's been trending downward for years now, eminem at least had a bump in his stock after this album

You must not have heard watch the throne. Kanye might get some negative attention in the media every now and then but musically he hasn't fallen off yet. You'll never get another college dropout. That just doesn't happen. Dude is livin a different type of life right now.
  • onthafly
    Options
    You mad....
    Lol

I don't see color boi

I'm color blind

You should be too.

Get outta here with that color blind ? . That's just what closet racist white people say so they don't have to acknowledge their true thoughts or feelings on race but in reality, all you're really doing is refusing to acknowledge or accept ethnic characteristics that make me who I am. Hip hop came from black culture so if you can't acknowledge black people for what we look like then you could never acknowledge or respect our culture.
  • onthafly
    Options
    Katt William - White Friends: http://youtu.be/Ciu_ezmq_hQ

My appoligies and my peace offering to you both in the former of Mr Katt Williams.

You startin to come across pretty bipolar man. I'll take that to mean that you can be critical of yourself so consider what I said about that color blind ? . That ? is offensive and equivalent to just pretendin I'm not black so you can deal with me.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    i bought a bootleg version of relapse back in the gap that was the real eminem. judging by those relapse videos i saw on mtv.... that was the eminem i wasn't ? with. that whole i need a doctor and that monster duet with rihanna had me at a state of wtf is this ? ?!?! after that i could care less for the rest of relapse. i still have that bootleg copy of relapse. but i would listen to relapse on repeat 10 x's before giving recovery some consideration.

I remember buying the bootleg of that 2Pac album that Eminem produced. I think it was called Loyal to the Game. That was when Eminem was at the peak of his popularity, people were calling him The Goat, his records were going multi-platinum.

I used to be on sohh.com and daveyd.com arguing that Eminem sucked and everybody would call me racist.

I don't remember what happened to that 2Pac album. I don't even think I listened to it more than once.

I've considered going back and buying his first 3 albums just to see what the hype is all about, but according to his own fans the first 3 Eminem albums are the only ones worth listening too.

I've never heard Recovery, don't plan on it.

To answer the T/S original question; Why does Recovery Get So Much Hate? Because he keeps winning Grammy awards for best Rap album and there's rappers and rap groups that are infinitely better (The Roots, Ghostface, Nas, Common)

I hate Recovery and I don't intend on giving him the benefit of the doubt by listening to it.
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope ass albumEminem - You're Never Over Lyrics (HQ Sound): http://youtu.be/CChi3GkCM30

never listened to the album, but this song is whack as ?
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Great album. loved the content, hooks were really catchy, loved the singing he did on the album (no surprise i'm a big fan of his singing), nice flow

Related to alot of the songs like Not Afraid, Going Through Changes, Spacebound, You're Never Over

That's his gift basically making really catchy music that appeals to such a wide demographic

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lock this wack ?
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You sound really confused.