Silverfoxx- NappySoul/RoyalWatermelons

Options
silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in The Reason
Made this last year around December, but I thought now would be a perfect timing to drop it. Disregard my terrible artwork, kinda rusty lol, but i really would like to make a visual for it soon. Im not really promoting music hard yet because i think its ALOT of things i can work on, so as usual im always open to any criticism. The song by the way is a two part concept so when it switches up its the Royal Watermelons section. The whole song is apart of a project i made, and i will be having a whole bunch of music out soon with my partner Kaavi.

Please drop a comment IC, much respect. Also please help me tag this song! Let me know what artists you can see on it and whats the feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGNH0v7YuSg&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The album art is dope. I dig it.
    Also, I can picture Lupe on this, maybe Jay E., it reminds me of something Crooked Lettaz would use if they returned
    I can picture Krit on it too
    Id say more but I got some salmon defrosting, peace
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Lincoln wrote: »
    The album art is dope. I dig it.
    Also, I can picture Lupe on this, maybe Jay E., it reminds me of something Crooked Lettaz would use if they returned
    I can picture Krit on it too
    Id say more but I got some salmon defrosting, peace

Appreciate it bro.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely hear Jay E on this. Mos Def would sound good on something like this too imo.

I like it. Could be a powerful track with the right person behind it given the name and the artwork.

Care to explain where you came up with the title?
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [0:00 to 5:35]

Was dope as hell

I love the darkness of the track mixed with the piano to even it out

reminded me of Saturdays=Celebraton for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J207eco5gFk

Dope track
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Appreciate the feedback IC!
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Definitely hear Jay E on this. Mos Def would sound good on something like this too imo.

I like it. Could be a powerful track with the right person behind it given the name and the artwork.

Care to explain where you came up with the title?

Man thats what im trying to tell my people, but some dont see the vision with my music lol. But patience is the key, i would die a happy man if Jay Elect, K. Dot, Cole, Ab SOUL, KRIT, etc would get on but this wishful thinking and i understand establishing myself to hopefully get a look. About to cop a Maschine MK 2 and working on tons of dope concepts for this year. Told myself i have to get in some way in 2015.

The title stems from black pride,dont wanna explain to much, want it to be art lol, but basically taking ? and turning it to gold. Pride in every kinky curl, nappy hair strain, etc. no subjecting to who we are. The Royal Watermelons part was me paying homeage as close as i can lol to the BeeBoop Jazz era, with improv and a "chant" like feeling in expression, freedom, and pride. Which goes back to the whole turning ? into gold, making the oppressors powerless, finding pride in dire times and situations.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna give this a listen when I get home
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? w/ this. Dope concept track.
  • silverfoxx
    Options

i think the kicks on the first part of the beat are a lil dull....like they could knock harder.

i like the flip towards the end. it sounded pretty dark.

Man the first version i had the kicks were TOOOO hard lol so i tried to mix them out last night. The stomp/heavy sub is hard af to mx out when heavy hard kicks follow through. I may try to mix it again, or if i push it forreal have someone professionally mix it.

And i was in real real real dark place when i made this. Watching documenatries, pics of hangings, Tales From the Hood, to Halie Salalisse, etc. all kinds of things.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    I ? w/ this. Dope concept track.

Thanks man
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

i think the kicks on the first part of the beat are a lil dull....like they could knock harder.

i like the flip towards the end. it sounded pretty dark.

Man the first version i had the kicks were TOOOO hard lol so i tried to mix them out last night. The stomp/heavy sub is hard af to mx out when heavy hard kicks follow through. I may try to mix it again, or if i push it forreal have someone professionally mix it.

And i was in real real real dark place when i made this. Watching documenatries, pics of hangings, Tales From the Hood, to Halie Salalisse, etc. all kinds of things.

mix it again, my nig.

I Use FL studio, what programs you use to mix with in FL studio? Im assuming thats what you use.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? @silverfoxx
    you have other stuff out?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is dope asf
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Good ? @silverfoxx
    you have other stuff out?

Appreciate it man, and yes i have a few more under my Youtube SilverfoxxETO channel . Im super hesitant to release my music, but I have a BUNCH of music, projects, concepts, etc. Each project i do is a concept, im just artsy ? i guess lol.

BTW all of my music doesnt sound like this, im fairly new, so im still finding my lane. I make all types of music. ill post another song here..... check out the whole thing. I have alot of things normally going on in my music, try to convey messages and experiences for the listener. Its more then a "beat" to me. Its a musical journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XryTztnEYtc

• silverfoxx
    Options
    This is dope asf

Thanks man

• jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is good right here homie.
    I felt two different vibes from each song.
    Nappy Soul had that vibe of educating yourself, being a leader, a wake up type song.
    Royal Watermelons made me think of someone telling a story who was schizophrenic or some grimey type horror core rap like Brotha Lynch Hung.
    I'll check out and subscribe to your YouTube page.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    This is good right here homie.
    I felt two different vibes from each song.
    Nappy Soul had that vibe of educating yourself, being a leader, a wake up type song.
    Royal Watermelons made me think of someone telling a story who was schizophrenic or some grimey type horror core rap like Brotha Lynch Hung.
    I'll check out and subscribe to your YouTube page.

Much respect my new Orleans brother!