The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ? don't realize that every Kobe joke that has ever been made, could also describe Melo when this ? plays in All-Star games
    D0wn wrote: »
    ? don't realize that every Kobe joke that has ever been made, could also describe Melo when this ? plays in All-Star games

"Pass??? ... For what?"

nba-mount-rushmore.aee485aa-d73f-4c54-8440-306bf23fe0d4.jpg

"Pass me that salt bro"

"Pass means to like hand something to him over there..."
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bron says that ? every year
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Ultimately his time in NY was marred by injury.. But man in 2010 when he was going for damn 30 a night.. I was one happy Knick fan.. Was in here talking big ? .. lol.. I've since been humbled.. BUT it was fun nevertheless.. lol..

MVP play and I was rootin for him...then ? boy melo came and crushed the buildings

Yep. Between his ? -ass knees, and Melo's ? -ass assist numbers, Amar'e kinda got lost in the Knick shuffle. I actually did cheer for him when he first got to NY, and they were a legit team.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    I saw a tweet from woj

Jason thompsons "camp" demands a trade

I know the first thing yall thinkn is WHOOOO? Its gota be a certain level of skill for a player to have a camp

That's rough, I've known Jason for a long time. Hope he finds the right team
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He'll sign with the Denver Nuggets.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo Jason Thompson been stuck in sac town for atleast 3-4 years. Bout time he wised up because he's actually a good player

And to be honest I never knew ? about Darryl Dawkins except for him playing in Jersey and him being a "dunking sensation" until like a few days ago so I decided to look up his stats since I figured he was a legend and this ? had the most pedestrian stats ever Lol

Career average of 12 points a game and ? but I get he was a attraction for those unathletic whities back in the day for his dunks at the time even though they okay dunks compared to today
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charles Barkley: "I Got Traded to the Lakers [in 1992]"

The 1992-93 Lakers were a mediocre bunch, a veteran laden squad that rode the talents of Sedale Threatt, James Worthy, and even current Lakers head coach Byron Scott to a 39-43 record and 8th seed in the Western Conference under head coach Randy Pfund. Ultimately, that year's iteration of the Lakers fell to Charles Barkley and his 1st seeded Phoenix Suns 3-2 in the first round of the playoffs.

But how different could that season have been if Barkley was playing for the Lakers? According to Barkley, that is almost exactly how things played out (Per Sports Illustrated's Richard Deitsch):

Was there any other team than Phoenix that was close to getting you?

I got traded to the Lakers one day [in 1992] and they retracted the deal.

No way.

Yeah. The Sixers backed out. It was going crazy for two weeks so I knew it would come down to Portland, [the] Lakers or Phoenix. So I get a call from my agent one morning and he said, "Philly has traded you to the Lakers." So I went to lunch and started drinking. I'm f---ing so excited that I am going to the Lakers. Three hours later I get a f---ing phone call from my agent saying that the Sixers backed out of the deal. I said, "Oh, s--t, I'm feeling pretty good right now." So I went out and played that night.

It is unknown what the Lakers would have given up in such a transaction, but it is certainly interesting to imagine Barkley, who averaged 25.6 points and 12.2 rebounds en route to the MVP award that season, wearing purple and gold. Alas, the Lakers would have to wait 4 long years after their failed pursuit of Barkley to return to relevance, when they signed Barkley's now fellow TNT analyst Shaquille O'Neal and drafted some kid named Kobe Bryant right out of high school. Something tells me most Lakers fans would not want to change how things turned out.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Kobe stays healthy next year, Bron and Kobe gonna go at it in the All-star game....since James is 2 points behind him in All Star history..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russ has good assist numbers.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Kobe stays healthy next year, Bron and Kobe gonna go at it in the All-star game....since James is 2 points behind him in All Star history..

They go at it every time they've played in the All-Star game together. Kobe has missed the last 2 All-Star games. That points record in All-Star games was gonna be passed by LeBron eventually, just like Durant eventually will pass LeBron for most points scored in All-Star games
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was dope
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Ultimately his time in NY was marred by injury.. But man in 2010 when he was going for damn 30 a night.. I was one happy Knick fan.. Was in here talking big ? .. lol.. I've since been humbled.. BUT it was fun nevertheless.. lol..

MVP play and I was rootin for him...then ? boy melo came and crushed the buildings

Yep. Between his ? -ass knees, and Melo's ? -ass assist numbers, Amar'e kinda got lost in the Knick shuffle. I actually did cheer for him when he first got to NY, and they were a legit team.

Mosgov
    Gallonari
    Chandler
    Felton was ballin on his first stint with the Knicks
    Cap space...
    Roster depth.
    Competent g.m...
    All gone with one trade...

"But But, when u got a chance to trade for a super star, u do it" hahaha
    This is a team game, ? . Real basket ball officianadoes, understand that. Superstar generate tickets sales. Team win games...L
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats to Westbrook on a strong performance, there was some amazing oops out there especially that CP3 to Westbrook and steph to harden oop
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    - Report: Ty Lawson, Kenneth Faried among many Nuggets available in trades
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not on Kobe's watch...you know Bean...if he passes while hes retired, cool...not on his watch.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    - Report: Ty Lawson, Kenneth Faried among many Nuggets available in trades

this kinda random, but ......I wish jim and jerry buss would trade places