Game Debate..... Genesis vs. Super Nintendo

Options
2»

Comments

• Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Although they came out in pretty much the same era I've always viewed them as two entirely different consoles. I just feel like there was a much greater separation between competing consoles then compared to what it is now where the majority of games can be played no matter which major system you own.

Hard for me to choose because I see them so differently but if I had to pick I'd go with the SNES.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SEGA ALL DAY

Dude reppin for Sega should have brought up the Phantasy Star and Shining Force series when Final Fantasy was mentioned. You could tell he didn't know ? about the console. Like when he said the Genesis was backwards compatible with Mega Drive games. Genesis and Mega Drive are the same console fool. The Genesis played Master System games with the power base converter.

u realize that this was a scripted debate, right?

which means they had ample time to plan it, which means they should of had their facts straight.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i had both.

had mk2 for genesis because the snes version didnt use blood....which even though snes had better graphics, that ALONE was a deal-breaker.

iirc the SNES version required a code at the menu to enable blood
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had the genesis. And I loved it.

However, if you were to ask me today what I'd rather play now, I'd think Id take the SNES.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Super Nintendo Is The Goat Console Right Up There With The PSX
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Super Nintendo had the better graphics, but I owned a Sega and Sega was the ? !!! Plus it more mature games for my age range at the time. I had the Sega from the time I was 10 til I was 16, I was tired of Mario I wanted some real ish and Sega was as real as could be back then. Lol
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sega Genesis ftw

SNES had the better sound & graphics but when it came down to games Genesis wins the battle to me. Sonic 1& 2 was dope and I had the Sonic & Knuckles game as well. Streets of Rage series was good then you had X-Men & X-Men 2 clone wars which was dope as well and I had that first Spider-Man game they came out with as well. Sega had a lot of gems but as well that I didn't get to play either like Moonwalker.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im torn between the 2

Sega had Street Of Rage, Sonic, Strider,Golden Axe,and Alter Beast

SNES had Megaman X-X3,Mega Man 7, Mario Kart,Super Mario Allstars, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Zelda,Chrono Trigger,Final Fight,Turtles In Time,Kiler Instinct

SO my heart goes to SNES