Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DCColor_zpsm2ungmb2.jpg

PHhUNouJ5jtMli_1_m.jpg

a49IReaRk4M

article-2578617-1C360A6000000578-940_634x450.jpg

This has been a topic of conversation in the interest, but now I have to ask, what's up with DC's aversion to brighter colors? Has anybody anybody noticed that t.v. and film versions of their characters' uniforms have muted versions of the colors in their uniforms.?

Just b/c it looks good in the comics, doesn't mean it'll look good on the screen.

I remember folks griped about the Jamie Foxx not dawning Electro suit in the last Spiderman movie. But do you really think that bright green and yellow suit would've looked on screen?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    DCColor_zpsm2ungmb2.jpg

PHhUNouJ5jtMli_1_m.jpg

a49IReaRk4M

article-2578617-1C360A6000000578-940_634x450.jpg

This has been a topic of conversation in the interest, but now I have to ask, what's up with DC's aversion to brighter colors? Has anybody anybody noticed that t.v. and film versions of their characters' uniforms have muted versions of the colors in their uniforms.?

Marvel is the same way. The blue in Caps outfit, the red/yellow in Iron man, thors armor, Hawkeye's outfit, the Xmen, spider-man. They ALL have more muted colors than their comic books. I don't know why DC gets singled out.

you want bright colors in superhero movies movies rent Sky High or ? Tracy
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman isn't a fun jokey type of character and that sells for DC
    Green Lantern was a ? eye for DC and they want to avoid another one at all costs. If they have to reimage alot of characters to be less colorful and become more serious I don't think I can' fault them. They are doing a good job setting their movies apart from Marvel.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Trying to keep a more "grounded and realistic" feel. I can admit DC does kinda take the fun out of comic book movies though.

It's not about realism. There are comics and there are comic book adaptions.

What works on printed page isn't guaranteed to work in live action. The animated movies stay true to the designs.

For real yellow spandex wouldn't have worked for x men
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Confirmed: Robocop's Kinnaman Joins Suicide Squad

Robocop's Joel Kinnaman has confirmed that he will play Rick Flag in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.

"All I can say is that I will be in the movie, and it's going to be amazing," said Kinnaman to French entertainment website Allocine.

The confirmation follows last month's reports that Kinnaman was being eyed to replace Tom Hardy, who dropped out of the project in January, as the squad's field commander, Rick Flag.

David Ayer will direct the big-screen adaption, which also stars Will Smith as Deadshot, Jared Leto as The Joker, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, and Viola Davis as Amanda Waller.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Latino Review dropped a rumor that Chris Pine is in talks to be Green Lantern.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I wanted Pine to play Barry Allan (Allen?) but i think he would make a good hal jordan too. Was hoping for a john stewart green lantern tho.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common Would Love To Play Green Lantern in Justice League Movie Universe

XrJmq8x.jpg

As the enthusiasm and excitement builds for the cast of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and the Justice League team-ups and solo films to follow, one hero remains left out of the fun. After Green Lantern got his chance to shine – with disappointing results – it came as less than a surprise when WB’s release schedule put the next GL movie in 2020 – and likely a reboot.

DgQTRe4.jpg

So while interviewing him for his role in the upcoming Run All Night, (after his co-star Joel Kinnaman confirmed a role in Suicide Squad), we made sure to bring up the recent news surrounding both Green Lantern and the return of John Stewart.

In the late 2000s you were attached to a possibly big superhero role, playing John Stewart, ‘Green Lantern’. Any chance with the way things are going, that the opportunity might come back around?

Common: I would love to be John Stewart and play Green Lantern. That was one of those things where I was so excited because we rarely see African-American superheroes or people of color as a superhero. I think it would be great for the world to see, and for people to see, and for Hollywood to put that out there, too. But just for the world to see, just for kids to be able to see, for all nationalities to see a person of color as a superhero, too.

Plus, it’s just for the fun. Even the pre-production of getting the ‘go’ and studying Green Lantern. John Stewart is from Detroit, so he was this guy that was really for the community, and I really related to that. He used his powers to help people in the community. I was like, ‘Man, I’m going to be John Stewart, the Green Lantern!’ Unfortunately, it didn’t happen at that time. But maybe the possibility is that it could. I would love to.

Those who have followed Common’s career throughout hip hop, poetry, and acting roles know that his connection to social and moral issues facing modern communities throughout America (and the world) is nothing new. Most recently, it was the artist’s speech at this year’s Academy Awards regarding Selma‘s message of hope that became one of the show’s most powerful moments.

With Common still on board with bringing a meaningful take on John Stewart to life, it remains an extremely compelling decision on the part of director Zack Snyder and Warner Bros.. We’ve previously explained why John Stewart may be the superior pick for this movie universe, and the roots of the character can’t be overlooked in a superhero film discussion centering more and more on ethnic diversity and representation.

As Common points out, John Stewart was a product of Detroit, Michigan, and his hometown and race were no coincidence – he was created to offer a no-sugar-coating examination of what it meant to be black in America in the 1970s. The reality of Detroit has only gotten more complicated since, but Common’s personal politics, and Zack Snyder’s decision to launch his Justice League universe from that same city teases a new hero too intriguing to bet against.

In hindsight, both Warner Bros. and Miller showed a talent for selecting future stars, with Armie Hammer (The Man From Uncle) set to play Batman, Teresa Palmer (? Me Three Times) as Talia al Ghul, and Jay Baruchel (This is The End) as villain Maxwell Lord. But fans who longed to see that younger version of the Justice League will be sad to hear just how close some of the cast came to filling their roles:

It was a crazy cast: George Miller, who has a huge film [Mad Max: Fury Road] coming out now, Armie Hammer… you have all flourished. It’s kind of one of those crazy stories of Hollywood near-misses.

Common: Yeah. We were in Australia doing the thing. I mean I actually tried on the Green Lantern outfit.

How’d you look?

Common: Cool.

Green is your color?

Common: Yeah. [laughs] Green is my color. Green and black. He had it.

The promise of an existing Green Lantern movie costume may be too tempting to bear for DC Comics fans, especially considering the lukewarm reception given to the version seen in Green Lantern (2006). Common’s version has yet to see the light of day, but to be honest, the filmmakers are likely better off starting fresh in that regard as well.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like Miller as Allen either. Gal is tolerable though.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I9m71hg.jpg

whitest line up ever...+ 1 light skin ?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Has it been confirmed it's Allen?

Could be Wally West

Not that, that has anything to do with weather Erza Miller is good choice or not
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Could be Wally West

Not that, that has anything to do with weather Erza Miller is good choice or not

Nah, they're going the New 52 route...Barry is the Flash.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chris pine wont be green lantern. that rumor has been shot down for years.

I think Common could still be a great Jon Stewart if for nothing else, he fits in better with this Justice League than with George Millers.

But the JL is gonna have Hal Jordan. I hope that a Green Lantern movie is a team movie though. Introduce Jon, Guy, Kyle, all of them. Hell throw in Baz or that hispanic one too. Make that ? work.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Honestly I'd have went for Angie Harmon, if they are casting Affleck they can cast her.

la-0930-pin008.jpg
    3e7357a44a3148bf09ce5558c2291120.jpg

Umm she would have to bulk up. Just like ole girl who they got casted to play WM.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options

Could be Wally West

Wally West is either black or red headed now.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options

Honestly I'd have went for Angie Harmon, if they are casting Affleck they can cast her.

la-0930-pin008.jpg
    3e7357a44a3148bf09ce5558c2291120.jpg

Umm she would have to bulk up. Just like ole girl who they got casted to play WM.

Plus I can't see her whooping ass in the movies either.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common been wanting to be the Lantern for years
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miller as any incarnation of Flash is bad casting imo. Maybe he can transform and pull it off.

I think some of these characters are gonna end up with poor phase 1 pushes and will suffer throughout the DC movieverse as a result.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Miller is just way too young. I understand flash being the youngest member in justice league but he wasn't that young and he was a blonde , ? blonde hair character.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Miller is just way too young. I understand flash being the youngest member in justice league but he wasn't that young and he was a blonde , ? blonde hair character.

Yeah, thats why im having the feeling hes gonna play Wally, but im sure theres still a little ways to go before he starts filming as the flash.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has anyone actually seen this Ezra Miller in a movie? How's his acting?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    He is one of the best actors in his age range and he's better than a lot of older actors too. Including some of his Justice League castmates. If you actually have seen him act you would understand why he was cast. I'm probably the biggest Flash fan on this board without question and I have to say I'm very excited to see him in the role. I know he's going to ? it.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WB needs to quit playing and cast john stewart already