dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in R&B & Alternatives
Björk Announces New Album Vulnicura

Featuring Arca and the Haxan Cloak
By Zoe Camp and Evan Minsker
January 13, 2015 at 9:18 p.m. EST

ffd83e3f.jpg
Photo by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Björk has announced Vulnicura, her follow-up to 2011's Biophilia. It will be released in March. Read her announcement note below.

The album's song titles are "Stonemilker", "Lionsong", "History of Touches", "Black Lake", "Family", "Notget", "Atom Dance", "Mouth Mantra", and "Quicksand".

Venezuelan producer Arca, aka Alejandro Ghersi, produced six of the songs and co-wrote two with Björk. (Previously, he contributed to Kanye West's Yeezus and collaborated with FKA twigs.) The Haxan Cloak also contributed production and mixed the album.

10933822_10152971602801460_4369396233513537249_n.jpg

Björk has already been confirmed for festival appearances including Governors Ball in New York City.

Meanwhile, New York City's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) will open Björk, a retrospective dedicated to the Icelandic artist's career, on March 7; the exhibition, which runs through June 7, will "chronicle her career through sound, film, visuals, instruments, objects, costumes, and performance," such as a "music and film experience" created by director Andrew Huang and 3D software designer Autodesk.

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/57104-bjork-announces-new-album-vulnicura/

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    Album's already leaked. PM for a link.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    Björk's New Album Vulnicura Is Out Now
    Surprise release of "complete heartbreak album" comes two months early
    By Evan Minsker on January 20, 2015 at 2:30 p.m. EST

b1a49d00.jpg

Surprise: Björk's new album Vulnicura, the follow-up to 2011's Biophilia, is being released on iTunes worldwide over the course of the next 24 hours via One Little Indian. When it was announced last week, she said the release was initially planned for March. The CD and vinyl versions will come out then.

Arca and The Haxan Cloak contributed to the album, as did Antony.

Björk has also announced a series of shows in New York City.

Stay tuned for our new interview with Björk coming later this week.

Update: Björk has posted "the tale of making of this album". It begins:

i guess i found in my lap one year into writing it a complete heartbreak album . kinda surprised how thoroughly i had documented this in pretty much accurate emotional chronology .... like 3 songs before a break up and three after . so the anthropologist in me sneaked in and i decided to share them as such . first i was worried it would be too self indulgent but then i felt it might make it even more universal . and hopefully the songs could be a help , a crutch to others and prove how biological this process is : the wound and the healing of the wound . psychologically and physically . it has a stubborn clock attached to it .
    there is a way out

Vulnicura:
    01 Stonemilker
    02 Lionsong
    03 History of Touches
    04 Black Lake
    05 Family
    06 Notget
    07 Atom Dance [ft. Antony]
    08 Mouth Mantra
    09 Quicksand

http://pitchfork.com/news/58111-bjorks-new-album-vulnicura-is-out-now/
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Super dope album
  • Markus Garvey
    Markus Garvey Members Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I love the album and how some of the moods it purposefully evokes can be associated with colors.