Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the point of rooting ya phone? What benefits do u get from doing that??

You can get rid of bloatware, customize it even more than usual, improve battery life, and improve performance in some cases.

Thanks... what's a good site to root ya phone? i got the s6 thru sprint

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the point of rooting ya phone? What benefits do u get from doing that??

You can get rid of bloatware, customize it even more than usual, improve battery life, and improve performance in some cases.

Thanks... what's a good site to root ya phone? i got the s6 thru sprint

i dont think you can with the S6. I could be wrong tho
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AP21
    Options
    man...just saw they FINALLY released lollipop for the Galaxy S4 Active...LAWD!!!
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    64GB is actually a pretty decent amount of memory.

Them going back to USB 2.0 from USB 3.0 bothers me a bit.... and it being less waterproof (I take my phone in the shower).

I may cop this. My S5 has become sluggish as ? .
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The M9 was basically free with Verizon's Edge program. It costs $25 a month to pay for the phone, but they give you a $25 line credit if you have a data package of 10gb or more.

I had an m8 but I never got a case(why cover up such beauty) so I eventually dropped it into oblivion. had the ? time with htc customer service trying to get my phone repaired(which I declined...350 bucks ? that) and then finally getting my original phone back. since samsung went the metal route I might jump back in their fold. that and like you said I heard the m9 is barely an upgrade over the m8.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Oh yeah I got this. It's cool.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    64GB is actually a pretty decent amount of memory.

Them going back to USB 2.0 from USB 3.0 bothers me a bit.... and it being less waterproof (I take my phone in the shower).

I may cop this. My S5 has become sluggish as ? .

just root your s5
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody have the S6 Edge?

Is it close to being worth the hype?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got the galaxy s6 128 gigabtyes in white from tmobile ,loving this .
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm getting either the S6 Edge, S6 or the Note 4 2marrow. Can anyone recommend which one is the better of the 3 and why? I currently have the Note 2
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no sd card no buy
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S4 ON DECK...
    NOT UPGRADING UNTIL MY ? IS DEAD...
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went and copped the Note 4. Trill ass phone
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    S4 ON DECK...
    NOT UPGRADING UNTIL MY ? IS DEAD...

same here got my S4 replaced thru insurance
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    no sd card no buy

I just upgraded to the s5. I was going to get the s6 but it has no micro SD slot
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    no sd card no buy

I just upgraded to the s5. I was going to get the s6 but it has no micro SD slot

I might do this too but idk if its worth it

Unless its possible to get S5s for dirt cheap it might not be worth the hassle
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a S6. I got it three weeks ago and I ? hate it. I'm coming from a Note 2 and there's no way I shoulda got this phone. Battery life is ? , can't switch out batteries. I'm a music head and half of the phone's memory is already gone. Can't put in a sd card. The Note's screen size spoiled me, now this one seems so small. Tryna type on it and almost every time I wanna type the word "the", it comes out like "5he" -- and I'm not even close to having big hands. The resolution isn't a game changer for me, nor is the build quality, with the gorilla glass back, because it stays in an Otterbox. TouchWiz is TouchWiz. This phone is touted as the best phone on the market, but I don't see it. Smh.

Luckily, I found a guy on CL that's gonna trade me his new Note 4 for my S6 at a Verizon store. I just can't take it, man. I'll never go to a smaller screen after this, and I really hope Samsung figures out a way to reintroduce the removable battery and expandable memory. That's always been such a big staple of key features that it has over Apple.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    s6 edge.....about a week in and its "meh"

looks cool and all but not much changed....the "people edge" comes in handy but that other ? is pointless....im never in a completely dark room with my phone face down waiting for a text lmao...thats the only way u can see that ? ...dont care about not having a SD slot cuz its got plenty of space built in...the headphone jack on the bottom is kinda weird but whatever....the wife's car has a built in wireless charging pad (didnt work with our s4's) so thats dope when im in it

i like the fast charging too....even tho i heard it makes the phone hot and crashes ? (hasnt happened yet)

and the ? came with a tablet...i never had one so its growing on me right now

one thing i cant stand but can deal with is all the big ass pointless apps that come on galaxy phones...especially that flipboard ? ....aint figured out how to get rid of that ? yet....somebody fill me in if ya'll know
  • AP21
    Options
    didnt wanna make a thread about it, but the LG G4 is ? sweet
  • HafBayked
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    didnt wanna make a thread about it, but the LG G4 is ? sweet

LG who!?

Cop_beatdown.gif

G what?

fuckouttahere
  • AP21
    Options
    brah...you talking to a dude that owned the Samsung Galaxy S2 and S4 active

The LG G4 is legit
  • HafBayked
    Options
    just ? wit you...its a galaxy thread tho

i had a lg flip phone and i ? wit their smart tv's *shrugs*
  • AP21
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    just ? wit you...its a galaxy thread tho

i had a lg flip phone and i ? wit their smart tv's *shrugs*

no doubt

i know im in the minority so thats why i didnt want to start a thread

my main frustration with Samsung is that they started doing all the stuff they used to clown Apple about

all their Galaxy line of phones are pretty similar with marginal improvements over the previous version. And i ? loathe touchwiz. i was tired of that ? ...yea yea yea, i know, i could just get a 3rd party launcher, but LG's launcher is pretty sweet out of the box
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm reading that the Note 5 will not have a removable battery and possibly not have expandable memory either and will look like the Galaxy S6 but with a curved back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5F-W4cxl_8