THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 CHICAGO BULLS THREAD

Options

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are 13-3 when Kirk doesnt play

Kirk is solid when hes healthy. We need everyone for playoffs.

My only beef with kirk is his ability to stay healthy
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike and pip are just too good to not win the east i mean ewing and starks as well as shaq and penny could make an interesting ecf but in the end the bulls win the east regardless of who they end up against

now the west is more interesting

clyde the glide and the blazers have looked good
    sir charles and thunder dan have looked unstoppable at times
    the glove and reign man have the potential to come out of the west too
    and as always you can never look past the mailman, stockton, and horney

in the end i just think this is charles barkley and the phoenix suns year -- last weekends interview ahmad rashad did on inside stuff with barkley just has me thinking he is super focused and driven this year

call me crazy but im picking the suns over the bulls in 7
    in honor of thibs being stuck in the 90s i too have joined him
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL, I wondering where you were going with that
  • ckfree
    Options
    i just want the bulls to join the modern era when it comes to offense

SPACE THE FLOOR
  • TheGOAT
    Options
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ckfree
    Options
    thibs was definitely rotating more and seemed more responsive to the game situation

was able to keep jimmy under 40 minutes (35) used rose in 5-9 min spurts -- personally i dont like how dunleavy logged 35 minutes and niko only 13 but i understand it taj is a good match up this series -- need some legit power at the 4 against this length/lack of size the bucks are one of the few teams where it makes a lot of sense to not play niko at the 4 since his advanatge would be negated

and since niko sucks at the 3 with pau/jo/taj clogging up the paint relegating niko into a shooter i can see why dunleavy logged so many minutes -- the true test is when kirk gets back i cant shake the feeling hinrich would have been the first off the bench and not snell or brooks had he been available

so nice to watch derrick and jimmy start to develop chemistry this might have been their best game played together where both got off offensively hopefully it keeps improving

? a corny nickname its just two rela mfers on the same mfing team in the same mfing backcourt
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ckfree
    Options
    credit to thibs for his second half rotation flexibility he went away from kirk -- more interesting than that is he rolled with tony over dun who was playing well too for the final stretch in regulation and both OT's

thats why it was ? up that niko got injured in the game that thibs actually played him at the 4 over taj rather then forcing niko to get all his minutes at the 3 and i cant even say for sure if this was the light bulb going off in thibs head or if taj injury/foul situation in that game forced his hand but niko played 19:06 at the 4 and the bulls outscored the bucks 46-26 in that span but during the other 28:54 the bulls were outscored 54-45 and i swear its been like that all year

just having him out there creates so much space for the wing players to do what they do best -- anything involving any big except niko is terrible the bulls bigs look good on paper but suck on the court -- noah and taj have regressed all kinds of levels

if i have to see taj, kirk, and noah on the court playing together again im gonna throw up
  • ckfree
    Options
    bulls ball
    16 seconds left
    thibs with a TO

and he decides to spread the floor with noah and kirk for a rose isolation

1zmmv40.jpg

that is probably the worst combination of people to have on the floor (save for nazr and bairstow) when the bulls absolutely need a bucket -- just a horrible lineup

in the 7 total minutes thibs played niko at the 4 chicago outscored the bucks 24-8 smh its been masked because of the difference in talent but thibs has been thoroughly outcoached by kidd this series

the spacing differences are insane jason kidd understands the very basic basketball concept of offensive spacing in a way that thibs seemingly doesnt -- kidd is doing with a average player like jared dudley that thibs refuses to do with niko and thats lay him at pf and exploit the mismatch (credit to randy whitman who is doing the same ? in washington with pierce at the 4) -- hes gonna call attention to the 28 turnovers but part of the reason for the 28 turnovers are his ? no spacing no room to operate lineups
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    ^Noah sure doesn't help spread the floor but Kirk does.

He has hit more 3s for the Bulls than anyone on the team.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thibs is a good coach but one of the most stubborn men I have ever seen. Always thought he was overrated and I don't care what anyone says
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noah.....smh his offense is so weak
  • ckfree
    Options
    jo is killing this team playing 36 minutes scoring 4 points more than a dead man on a similar fg% -- im starting to hate when he gets the ball now it just seems like hes lost all his feel on the offensive end

lazy passes
    cant score
    turnovers
    holds on to the ball far too long
    etc

he cant even hit his free throws anymore he has lost all confidence in shooting which is weird since you wouldnt think it has much to do with the knee but confidence can be a fragile thing i guess -- if hes struggling to guard his man on the perimeter and cant take advantage on the other end then he dont need to be out there

he should be playing 15-20 minutes at most coming from the bench and never with two other C's if thibs was really elite he would make the tough decision to reduce noahs minutes along with playing niko at the 4 -- mirotic showed too much in march to be a footnote these playoffs but back to reality thibs will keep bringing taj first off the bench and keep running jo out there especially knowing how much this next series means to him so were left hoping noahs hate for lebron drives him more than what his knee has not been allowing him to do for a better part of the season
  • ckfree
    Options

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/winners-and-losers-in-the-nba-playoffs/

Chicago’s Frontcourt and Nonthreatening Bigs

Another way the league is getting smarter: More teams are flat-out ignoring big guys who can’t shoot or post up. Bogut might have been the first big man to really optimize the defensive three-second rule like this — or at least take things to the extreme. If Omer Asik was at the elbow during the Warriors-Pelicans series, Bogut was somewhere else — doubling Anthony Davis in the post, butting his way into a passing lane, and generally paying Asik no attention.

More teams are following suit, in a few ways. Milwaukee is fine switching wing players onto Joakim Noah, confident a hobbled Noah has no shot to punish them. That has neutered a lot of the Noah handoffs that once powered Chicago’s Derrick Rose–less offense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9wxBpZgJns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghwDa8wcOdY

Noah has also struggled slipping entry passes to Butler in the post, since Noah’s guy just ignores him to double Butler. You can bet the Cavs, facing the possibility of having to play small more without Kevin Love, have taken note.

There are ways for offenses to counter this. The Bulls have turned over some handoff duty to Taj Gibson, who has enough back-to-the-basket game that teams will at least think twice about switching a smaller player onto him. And if no one is guarding your big man, you can always involve him in a pick-and-roll; his guy will be out of the play, in no position to meet a ball handler darting around a pick.

Chicago’s frontcourt is a giant question mark. Noah is hurting, and Gibson has been in a slump since returning from an ankle injury; he hadn’t attempted a single post-up shot against the Bucks3 before feeling frisky against Jared Dudley in Game 5, per Synergy Sports, and his midrange jumper isn’t the weapon it was last season. Pau Gasol rolls on, but he’s a minus on defense, and it’s unclear if Chicago can survive with a Gasol–Nikola Mirotic front line — or whether Tom Thibodeau will even consider it unless the Bulls are way behind.

Pairing Mirotic with Gibson or Noah would make for a nice offense-defense balance, but none of the three is fully healthy. Thibodeau has played Mirotic much more at small forward since Gibson came back, and while Mirotic can still contribute there, he doesn’t do nearly as much to open up the floor on offense. Mirotic can hang with any of Milwaukee’s big men on defense, and Thibodeau over the last two games has slowly shifted more of Mirotic’s minutes to lineups in which he plays power forward.

There’s an optimal frontcourt rotation in here somewhere. It just doesn’t feel like Chicago will find it.

good piece by zach lowe
  • ckfree
    Options
    the bulls were outscored by 9 when kirk hinrich was in the game and he was only in around the same time it took for me to take a ? how in the hell you a minus 9 in two minutes man and it wasnt even a whole 2 minutes it was 1 minute and 32 seconds

nothing good comes from kirk being in the game

nothing

if hinrich getting more minutes to guard mcw is the adjustment thibs is thinking of making smh
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls in 6 first round...Bulls in 6 second round
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No need to say it but I will tonight is a must win game 3.
  • ckfree
    Options
    hinrich.png?w=694
    per zach lowe

lmao

kirk gotta be the first white dude to routinely get left open on purpose in nba history -- he played the entire 4th quarter and played a total of 20 minutes without even attempting a shot and defensively he stayed losing his man especially in the 4th -- thibs is insane to keep running him out there especially with jo

thats 3 on 5
  • ckfree
    Options

this ? cool how they slowed it down

put that on larry

ON LARRY
  • ckfree
    Options
    per mike wilbon

CEvus6-VAAA0_DV.jpg:large
    CErmLv1UsAEOoLB.png
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boy these ? just didn't want it. What a let down, when the Cavs were beyond beatable.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Off-season Wishlist

-Anthony Davis to the Chi
    -move Pau
    -Resign Jimmy

(Untouchables)
    Rose
    Butler
    Niko
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    But in all likelihood the team will most likely be the exact same nxt year just with new coach
  • ckfree
    Options
    so according to kc johnson the bulls had to impose a CONSECUTIVE MINUTE LIMIT FOR KIRK HINRICH because thibs loves him so much

smh

really though if you have to impose a consecutive minute limit on your coach for a fringe rotation guy maybe dont resign him -- the bulls need to take a play out of the bears playbook and fire garpax along with thibs