Really?! Jordan @ 52 can beat LeBron?!

Options
Like Water
Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
34% of America feels this way. Smh. I... I just can't. I was alive and can remember almost all of Jordan's greatness, (ironically enough, starting with the shot that killed the Cavs), but this level of fandom needs to end. This mythos surrounding him makes otherwise rational people completely irrational.

Best competitor of all time? Hell ? yeah. But no one can beat Father Time. And to suggest that a 50 year old, even one as talented and competitive as Jordan, can not only only compete, but beat, one of the most physically gifted players of all time, 20 years his junior, is beyond ludicrous. The level of disrespect to LeBron is damn near as bad as white folks and Obama.

The fuckery is getting outta hand now, G.Dammit.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are idiots but Lebron is gonan get that jordan treatment also.. i mean he does already
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip was agreeing with this foolishness on first take
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Foolishness... everybody know Pippen will give him the work though.

If the Bulls were Cash Money, Jordan was Birdman, Pippen was Slim
    Yea that survey was ?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is actually being discussed ?!?!?!.. smh shouldn't be surprised
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They probaly cant guard eachother in there primes imo
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Mike the GOAT but no that aint happening
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are idiots but Lebron is gonan get that jordan treatment also.. i mean he does already

its hard to see now but u might be right
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the reasons i don't ? with espn anymore
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan just bribed father time. He's coming for All the rookies... Come Back Time!!!!
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe... lebron.... mj.... all are the people who will be "untouchable" when they retire..
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    Skip was agreeing with this foolishness on first take

i like how Steven A Smith said "in that case Bill Russell can still play"
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »
    Nah, but Mike at 30 would eat LeBron alive at the same age.

It would be a good game bruh.

I agree, but Mike's killer mentality would give him more than an edge.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk why people are taking that poll seriously.
    those voters were trolling or hating.

whats even more dumb is the fact that they made that question for a voting poll to begin with.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think a one on one with jordan and Bron in their prime wouldn't be a blow out as alot of people think. Bron is 6'8, 20 lbs of pure muscle. Jordan never faced someone that big and that talented who could also chase u down and block your shot from the back. Jordan is the GOAT but ? play LBJ as if he's just a random ball player
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Even this is overstating it. People say this like LeBron is some random bench player. Like he doesn't know how to play defense or something. Jordan did miss shots and had defenders who could make him work. Especially defenders that were bigger than him
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our memories usually exaggerate the actual experience positive or negative
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they played today to 10pts, what would the score be? Idgaf I think Mike could make it interesting. Might have 5lbs of ice on both knees afterward though. Lol
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Even this is overstating it. People say this like LeBron is some random bench player. Like he doesn't know how to play defense or something. Jordan did miss shots and had defenders who could make him work. Especially defenders that were bigger than him

I said that because Mike would wear him down mentally. LeBron be acting kind if ? -made at times, I think Mike would take advantage of that and go in. LeBron isn't a scrub by any means, though. But look at how Mike played in '93 when he was 30, that ? was not going!
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another reason Jordan was as good as he was is due to Phil's coaching. I really don't remember Jordan having nearly as many iso plays run for him. That triangle had him coming off screens, catching the ball at the elbow, instead of at the top of the key, all types of stuff that LeBron's coaches never have thought to utilize. He's just now getting himself in the post! As big and athletic as Bron is, he shoulda been on some baby Olajuwon ? since the beginning.

Bron's coaches have been Brown, Spoelstra and Blatt. I don't think that aspect of Jordan's game gets its respect. Imagine if LeBron had Phil, or Larry Brown, or Pop -- he'd be even better than what he is now.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You dumb ? ? me with this mentality weak ?

Something yall know nothing about.

I guess MJ mentally weak to because of all that crying he did to the media about hard fouls and ? .