His & Hers >>> First Take

Options

Comments

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMASH on Prim Sripipat, who filled in on the show today with Chris Broussard
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    I like the way Michael Smith today told Sara Spain and the reporters who cry about athletes being curt with them in interviews to get over it.

He basically said most reporters create whatever narrative they want anyway and if an athlete isn't good at articulating his or herself or doesn't have much to say then they shouldn't have to. It's funny to me that reporters are crying about this ? because many complain that these athletes say the same cliche stuff over and over but they get mad when somebody doesn't want to be bothered.
    I like the way Michael Smith today told Sara Spain and the reporters who cry about athletes being curt with them in interviews to get over it.

He basically said most reporters create whatever narrative they want anyway and if an athlete isn't good at articulating his or herself or doesn't have much to say then they shouldn't have to. It's funny to me that reporters are crying about this ? because many complain that these athletes say the same cliche stuff over and over but they get mad when somebody doesn't want to be bothered.

i saw this and gave dude props... he acknowledging the fact that the media has a big impact on people's perception of athletes... he basically said if you act like an ass you will get reporters to paint you in that light... it don't hurt their career either way... ol girl was sounded too salty... like she didn't like the fact that some athletes don't wanna talk to they ass an takes it too personal...
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    If Marshawn any other athlete have something to say that the media didn't like, then they'll say "He should keep quiet, or ignore him." Which is it? Talk or Keep quiet.

It's not about athlete, it's about black athletes.
    It's not about saying alot, saying enough r 2 little..Its about black athletes jumping when told to. Running when told to. Speaking when told to. And saying what they tell u 2 say.

They see Marshawn's act of silence, as defiance. The rebellious ? ... That's why they take offense to his act of silence.Yet Popivich does way worse. N ppl laugh and praise him.

I remember the year before last year, the MEDIA WAS tryna make Cam the bad ? , u know, what they did with RG3 this year ...
    The media would get on cam for sulking, because he was losing.........
    "? he's so disrespectful" , the sad part about it is, ? was regurgitating that ? .

Cont...

it's hilarious,the U.S. media ,chalks up Marshawn's unwillingness to talk to them, as him not being articulate enough, or in other cases , he has a disorder...

Nah, he jus doesn't ? with ya (media). It aint that deep.

Marshawn isn't Richard Sherman's, encyclopedia reading ass. But the homie is capable of holding a conversation.

Here's his interview, with a cute asian lady. Marshawn's very coherent and extremly charsmatic

Marshawn Lynch Does A Foreign Candy Taste Test Wi…: http://youtu.be/UyTuIFGNNd0

yum!
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

Saw this earlier. They keep it 1000 on this show they shouted out Jay Z and Beans reunion. They pushing the envelope on how trill u can keep it on ESPN. I wanna see how far they can take this show. He shouldve finessed that though apologized and kept going he made a spectacle out of the situation.

Bruh u kno thr producers made him apologize. I love they show though
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe "Shenanigans" could have got him out of that
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was watching It was like oh ? !!! Now he did say he wanted to see how fast it would be on social media. Made it a point to watch the re-run and they totally redid that last segment even did the doin to much segment. If you didn't catch when it first came on you would have never known he cussed.

I love this show though they make references from movies to hip hop and everything else in between. Check out the podcast though. They bleep out the cuss words though but still a good podcast
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    They did a podcast called ? happens
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ewwww......

I by no means, am the type of ? that ? nothing but dimes. But I've turned down ? from hoes that look better than her multiple times with no ? given.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he definitely had that "I got a little too real smh" face after that.. damn Disney...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    lol somebody photoshop Jordan head on Michael Smith...
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is good too I like most of espn stuff to be honest it's just most of the shows run through the same topic. And anytime they have a guest that mothaphuka is on EVERY show that day. Pretty much a full time employee for one day.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

Saw this earlier. They keep it 1000 on this show they shouted out Jay Z and Beans reunion. They pushing the envelope on how trill u can keep it on ESPN. I wanna see how far they can take this show. He shouldve finessed that though apologized and kept going he made a spectacle out of the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1B0Whohs6E

At the 0:20 mark......LOL
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    smith mentioned on their podcast that you rarely see a black man and black woman(who aren't athletes) on television debating sports. so when he slipped up and said "? " he was worried that he messed up their brand

he basically acknowledged that black TV personalities are on a shorter leash and there's less room for error

He needs school Steven A Smith... that way Steven A Smith don't have to go so far left on first take.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    I'd smash Jamele with no ? given

53714410.jpg
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Cheap Seats > ESPN
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vivica fox was looking good today
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jemelle Hill ? annoys me
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Vivica fox was looking good today

I wonder if she gone actually come on the show?
  • sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options
    Jemele went in on Lynch for not speaking to the media, but had no problem putting on her cape for Tom Brady. She defended him more than Gisele did.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jemele Hill been a bird ass ?