Bendis should be executed and all his story arcs should be nulled...

Options
Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
That is all...

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when he used to be Marvel's golden boy. Seems like more and more fans these days can't stand him though.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I remember when he used to be Marvel's golden boy. Seems like more and more fans these days can't stand him though.
    I quit reading and collecting after doing so for over 30 years due in main part to his butchery I have marvel comics dating back to the early 70's(what was left after my ex wife sold off the most valuable pieces of my collection) and the butchery this ? has done to some of my favorite titles is unforgivable...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hated him before it was cool to do so. His characters talk so damn much. I guess hes trying to take it back to the old school way of storytelling but he just SUCKS at it.
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why all the hate? His story ark for Daredevil was amazing
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    a-grave247 wrote: »
    his bad has far out weighed any good...

• thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wat he ever do that was bad.
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

what's his bad though
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    Wat he ever do that was bad.

what's his bad though
    is this a serious question???
    If so I do not have the time right now to break it all down and it is not just him Gaying up established characters...
  • zeon8603
    zeon8603 Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options
    whats wrong with bendis????? His Avengers and X-Men stories are on point and his work on Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man has been amazing.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never was a huge fan of Bendis myself. Ultimate Spider Man and Siege are the best thing he's written. But i really hope this isnt due to some kneejerk bigoted reaction to making O5 Iceman ? .

• Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Claremont is a beast.

That is all.
  • thephantasm
    Options
    Yeah what did bendis ever put out that waznt biffr?

Seceret War is yhe comic standard.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    Never was a huge fan of Bendis myself. Ultimate Spider Man and Siege are the best thing he's written. But i really hope this isnt due to some kneejerk bigoted reaction to making O5 Iceman ? .

this seems like a creeping out the closet post from someone who does not read before speaking... But His Gaying Up Marvels Mutants has been the icing on the cake with his fuckery and is equally offensive to ? people.My cousin was talking about how insulting it is to take established characters and present them like they all of a sudden are ? out of the blue like it is new clothes to wear(I was not digging the analogy but I got his gist). Besides that hiswork on X-title and their ? up Storylines and retconning the retcons to retcon again and destroying Magneto's family tree and a number of others crimes against Marvel and in particular my Favorite Muties. BUt some people like senseless pandering to pop culture drivel so be free mon ami or maybe it is mon amie either way keep it moving...
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is all.

His first run on the X-Men, if not the greatest comics run ever, is certainly top 5. Right up there with Lee & Kirby's Fantastic Four, Walt Simonson's Thor run, and Lee & Ditko's Spider-Man run.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Bendis is a big reason I dropped so many Marvel books. Particularly because of New Avengers and it's after effects in the beginning there. He pretty much destroyed the Avengers for me and turned it into a homogenized franchise.

It went from like The Avengers and West Coast Avengers which were fairly unique to each other and good representations of East and West culture in the US. Into New Avengers, Dark Avengers, Secret Avengers, Teddy Graham Avengers, Musical Avengers it was both disgusting and exhausting. Especially since the main New Avengers book was a talking heads borefest when it should've been a big event superhero book that really competently drove the main Marvel universe's direction. Instead it was like making spin off albums from a Professor Griff record when what people want is a Public Enemy spin off album at worst.

I liked the first couple of arcs of the original Ultimate Spider-Man. Same with the "All-New" Ultimate Spider-Man but for the most part I have disliked a lot of his Marvel work. Even his acclaimed Daredevil run which along with Brubaker's turned the character into a depressed generic bore. It was a living parody of the classic Frank Miller Daredevil work and pretty much turned me away from one of my favorite comic book superheroes.

I actually do read All-New X-Men though because it's like a guilty pleasure but it was the first Bendis book I have read in years. I'd say I have pretty much skipped 85% of the ? he's written for Marvel with the stuff I mentioned making up the other 15%.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is all.

His first run on the X-Men, if not the greatest comics run ever, is certainly top 5. Right up there with Lee & Kirby's Fantastic Four, Walt Simonson's Thor run, and Lee & Ditko's Spider-Man run.

Or O'Neill and Adams' Batman or Frank Miller's Daredevil or Alan Moore's Swamp Thing...
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this seems like a creeping out the closet post from someone who does not read before speaking... But His Gaying Up Marvels Mutants has been the icing on the cake with his fuckery and is equally offensive to ? people.My cousin was talking about how insulting it is to take established characters and present them like they all of a sudden are ? out of the blue like it is new clothes to wear(I was not digging the analogy but I got his gist). Besides that hiswork on X-title and their ? up Storylines and retconning the retcons to retcon again and destroying Magneto's family tree and a number of others crimes against Marvel and in particular my Favorite Muties. BUt some people like senseless pandering to pop culture drivel so be free mon ami or maybe it is mon amie either way keep it moving...

That's racist!
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

That is all.

Or O'Neill and Adams' Batman or Frank Miller's Daredevil or Alan Moore's Swamp Thing...

Agreed. I've only read a few issues of Moore'so Swamp Thing, but it definitely deserves the accolades it got.
  • thephantasm
    Options
    Yall cats that charged the american govt out of pocket since marvel dropped the comics code for your Ultimate line should be banned.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peter Parker sucks. At least superior spiderman was interesting
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Peter Parker sucks. At least superior spiderman was interesting

I agree and Kaine's Scarlet Spiderman was better as well.

True I always liked Kaine and thought that the fact he could actually talk to spiders is ? halirous. Parker atleast to me Is a manchild
  • thephantasm
    Options
    The fact that you still believe in publisher that wrote six comics is absurd.
  • Goonberg Scandal
    Goonberg Scandal Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options

That is all.

His early 2000 X-Men run was ? though.
  • Goonberg Scandal
    Options
    Bendis early run on New Avengers was good though. That storyline where all the villiams broke out of jail was the truth, and that issue where they tried to recruit The Sentry was GOAT also.
  • Goonberg Scandal
    Options
    Bendis ? work is nothing compared to Loeb's run on Ultimate Avengers