Options

Comments

• RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    RobCoLife wrote: »
    As of this writing, the scheduled main event for WWE SummerSlam in August will be WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs. Triple H. The news was first reported by Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio.

WWE has already planted the seeds for the match, with a rift forming between Rollins and The Authority and Rollins using Triple H's pedigree finisher. It remains to be seen if Rollins will be turning babyface for his feud with Triple H, but Brock Lesnar and Triple H both wrestling at SummerSlam will help solidify the show as one of WWE's top special events of the year.
    WHY.gif

Meltzer and Alvarez ain't batting close to .500

Ur the same guy that thought punk was coming back last year
    Edit* Never mind I see it was not directed at me.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    RobCoLife wrote: »
    As of this writing, the scheduled main event for WWE SummerSlam in August will be WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs. Triple H. The news was first reported by Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio.

WWE has already planted the seeds for the match, with a rift forming between Rollins and The Authority and Rollins using Triple H's pedigree finisher. It remains to be seen if Rollins will be turning babyface for his feud with Triple H, but Brock Lesnar and Triple H both wrestling at SummerSlam will help solidify the show as one of WWE's top special events of the year.
    WHY.gif

Meltzer and Alvarez ain't batting close to .500

Ur the same guy that thought punk was coming back last year

Yea cause I was the only one
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brock dates

June 22 - Raw, Indianapolis
    July 4 - WWE Network special, Tokyo
    July 6 - Raw, Chicago
    July 13 - Raw, Atlanta
    July 19 - Battleground, St Louis
    July 20 - Raw, Kansas City
    August 3 - Raw, San Jose
    August 17 - Raw, Minneapolis
    willhustle wrote: »

Ok I'm not understanding why WWE is using Rollins/HHH as main event for SummerSlam no less w/the World Title on the line. It would make more sense to do Rollins vs Lesnar with the title on the line then, go w/the HHH vs Rollins at NOC or even better wait until HIAC to start the feud.

Seems like backwards ass booking from the "E" again. They could do another Ambrose/Rollins match at Battleground & make it a "non-sanction" match.

I AM THE GAME TRIPLE H!

PUE3nmc.png
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    Options
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    Options
    Unless there has been a change in plans, and there's nothing to indicate that right now, Brock Lesnar will be winning the WWE world heavyweight championship at Battleground and defending it at SummerSlam.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In fairness Stiener was still recovery from a foot injury(which he never fully from btw) at the time.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sting pinned Lex Luger for a three count after backdropping him into a swimming pool.

This ? slayed me
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I didnt realize how much they used the vampiro blood

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember trying to force myself as a teen to watch wcw in 2000 and enjoy it but meh. It was awful
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After reading all of that nobody can ever convince me that Russo was the brains behind the attitude era
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    Options
    He had woat ideas
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reading these wcw posts im 100% convinced i was better back then as a kid at booking sensible ? with my action figures than these morons.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    • This one takes a bit of explaining, but it's one of the funniest of them all.
    Nash/Goldberg/Steiner was the semi-main event at New Blood Rising. At the start of the match, Goldberg did not come out. Later on, he emerged and they all had a very bad match. Nash went to hit the Jacknife on Goldberg, who dead weighted him and rolled out of the ring.
    Goldberg walked up the ramp where he was met by Vince Russo, who started shouting at him. Goldberg shouted back "**** you!".
    The announcers then began to insinuate that Goldberg was being unprofessional and would not allow Nash to powerbomb him for the scripted win.
    Tony Schivone then came out with the following quote...and this is exact and exact can be:
    "If, in fact, the jacknife powerbomb was part of the design, what are they going to do now? Improvise?"
    That's right, he was telling everyone that the script called for Goldberg to allow Nash to powerbomb him and beat him. Eventually Nash hit Steiner with the jacknife and pinned him. The announce team then congratulated Steiner for being professional enough to allow Nash to powerbomb him.
    The irony of all this was that it was a worked shoot in a storyline where they were openly telling absolutely everyone that the match was fake.

• Russo wanted the company to be more realistic and less insulting. He featured a backstage segment in which Buff Bagwell and Scotty Riggs discussed the planned finish of their match, with Bagwell acting shocked that he was going to be pinned. In the match later that night, Bagwell won and went onto a brief storyline where it was Bagwell vs The Writers.

• Bagwell came out and cut a promo on a Nitro in late 1999 saying that everybody knew he was the writer's chosen one. This stemmed from comments that Russo had made about Bagwell in public. Trouble was, only 5% of the crowd (if that) knew of the comments and so nobody really knew what Bagwell was talking about. Russo believed everyone read wrestling dirtsheets daily. He was clearly wrong.

the audacity of these ? !
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After reading all of that nobody can ever convince me that Russo was the brains behind the attitude era

I dont see why anyone believed he was.

Dude is a ? .
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wanna read all that...

i really do
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    do it, you'll laugh
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    Options
    CM Punk appeared on the Anik and Florian podcast on Tuesday explained why he’s fine if his UFC debut takes place in 2016. Punk said:

"I'm super OK with it if my accountant is. I know Duke has told me, and I think he’s been public with it, that he would like a full 12 months before he signed off on me fighting. I’ve had zero talks with Dana [White] or Lorenzo [Fertitta] or Joe Silva – anybody – about an opponent, about a date. I’m thankful for that because there’s zero pressure on that, too. I think a lot of people are antsy. They’re saying on Twitter, ‘Ah, you’re never going to fight.’ This was just announced in what? November? December? I’ve been training full-time for like six months. As bad as I have the itch to get in there, like I said, I want to be as prepared as I possibly can be. I wouldn’t be upset if it got pushed into 2016."

After busting his ass in the gym all year, Punk says his UFC debut will hopefully be the start of a career, not a one-and-done.

"I'm also looking at the big picture; this isn’t a one-and-done thing for me. I’m not looking to fight just once, win, lose or draw. This is something I’m training for, and I feel like it would be a super waste of time if I was just training for one fight or anything like that, if I wasn’t just making a career out of it. Getting beat up in the gym every day wouldn’t be worth it in the big picture. I’m not saying I’m going to make a title run or anything like that, but I’m also – I’m looking to maximize my time here. If I wind up fighting in 2016, I’m not going to be upset about it."
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    i wanna read all that...

i really do

Me too
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juventud Guerrera was (rightly) fired after the Australian tour because he, in a drug-influenced moment of madness, took off his clothes and started screaming that he was going to ? himself in the middle of a hotel near the restaurant where many of the wrestlers were eating. He was eventually arrested and was lucky not to face criminal charges. What's funny is that WCW fired him but didn't tell him. Juvi didn't find out until some of his friends phoned him wishing him all the best after seeing the news on the internet.

• An edition of WCW Thunder in late 2000 featured a promo from Kevin Nash in which he basically talked about Scott Hall. Hall was arrested the week before and references to him were banned. The segment, rather than being taken out, aired with every mention of him being bleeped out. The result was a promo that made no sense to anyone.

• Wrestlemania X-7 sold 48,000 tickets on its first day of sales. Starrcade (WCW's version of WM for those unaware) the same year sold just 900 on its first day. This next point needs confirmation but I think the total attendence for Starrcade that year was around the 3500. Maybe slightly less.

• Eric Bischoff's plans for WCW's re-birth included losing out on ? -knows how much money by skipping Nitro for a few weeks.

• The dying days of WCW saw a lot of wrestlers not believing that it was really dying. They believed Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo were working together to fool the boys again.

• One of Bischoff's methods of getting the guys behind him after he raised the money to purchase WCW was to claim they would push the cruiserweights. This was fine except most had seen Russo's idea of pushing cruiserweights (Well Arquette is a Cruiserweight I guess) so nobody believed him.

• The last Nitro was not advertised as the last Nitro on WCW television. It was advertised as the "season finale". Nobody knows why.

• Time Warner rejected an offer of $500,000,000 to buy WCW a year before they sold for less than $3,000,000 to Vince McMahon.

• Vince McMahon tried to get WCW its own TV show...on the same network (TNN I believe at the time) that Raw was on. This failed because TNN didn't want to see their ratings for Raw potentially cut due to WCW competing for the wrestling audience. Vince immediately cancelled plans to run WCW as a seperate company.

• WCW was booked to look weak from the start. Rather than go after top talent with top talent, WCW's invasion began with the likes of Lance Storm and Hugh Morrus attacking the likes of Bradshaw and Goldust. In the initial weeks, the only time a top star was attacked it was Kurt Angle being attacked...by....not a WCW superstar to create a dream match scenario...but by Shane McMahon.

• The first WCW sanctioned match on Raw was described by Arn Anderson as being "bigger than the moon landing". It was Booker T vs Buff Bagwell. The match itself was awful and both blew many spots. A lot of the crowd actually left. The night ended with the focus being not on either man, but on Vince McMahon backstage in his boxers. Vince immediately cancelled the plan for a section of Raw to be dedicated to WCW every week.

• During the above-mentioned Booker/Bagwell disaster, Scott Hudson advertised the match as "history in the making" as Booker and Bagwell would compete for the "WWF Title".

• Vince McMahon claimed he could not afford to buy out the contracts of WCW's top talent. This despite the fact that WWE made an $84million profit the previous year. Goldberg's contract would have cost 6 million. WWE most likely would have made that money back almost instantly if they had booked a Goldberg/Austin main event for Invasion.

• DDP wanted to be part of the angle so badly that he approached McMahon and agreed to allow McMahon to buy his contract out for 50% of its total worth. He was thanked by being put into a ridiculous storyline where he stalked the Undertaker's wife. He was made to look incredibly weak in their matches.

• WWE's "Invasion" PPV grossed $10million from PPV buys. Add to that ticket sales and merchandise revenue and the company generated enough money to have bought out the contracts of Goldberg, Scott Steiner and Ric Flair with money left over.

• Within 12 weeks of the Invasion PPV, Raw's viewing audience dropped by 30%. Most likely because it became apparent after the "Alliance" focused on Austin, Angle, Shane and Stephanie that they were not going to see the likes of Flair, Sting, Goldberg, Hogan and Steiner.

• Years previous we came close to seeing WWF champion Hulk Hogan vs WCW Champion Ric Flair. It never happened. The first WWF Champion vs WCW Champion match took place in September 2001....between Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. The most historically significant wrestling match umaginable in North America was fought by two WWE guys.

• Ric Flair appeard on the first Raw AFTER the invasion had ended.

• Goldberg eventually signed for WWE for an over-inflated salary that upset a lot of the guys backstage. This was the reason given publically by Vince for not signing Goldberg in the first place...because he didn't want to upset loyal WWE workers by paying him more. The sad thing is, he upset them anyway, just later on at a time where Goldberg was not going to draw anywhere near as much money.

OK I'm done

What website is this I could read these all day
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brock dates

June 22 - Raw, Indianapolis
    July 4 - WWE Network special, Tokyo
    July 6 - Raw, Chicago
    July 13 - Raw, Atlanta
    July 19 - Battleground, St Louis
    July 20 - Raw, Kansas City
    August 3 - Raw, San Jose
    August 17 - Raw, Minneapolis

Meh guess I'll goto that show when they come to Minneapolis
    I be reluctant to buy tickets cuz i don't want the main event to be with got damn Kane and big show
  • aww_mane
    aww_mane Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

"The win means Sheamus is likely to take the title some time over the next year from whatever babyface beats Rollins for the title. Headlining with a new name in the mix is a good idea. But Sheamus, even with the change in look, is far from being a new name. I'm not sure that Sheamus is thought of by fans at the level of a guy who at this point should win the title or even headline a PPV in a singles match."