Anybody from the Midwest? Oklahoma? America in distress!

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
Oklahoma Supreme Court Orders Removal Of Ten Commandments Monument From State Capitol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/30/oklahoma-ten-commandments-capitol_n_7697864.html

OKLAHOMA CITY, June 30 (Reuters) - The Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday that a Ten Commandments monument placed on State Capitol grounds must be removed because the Oklahoma Constitution bans the use of state property for the benefit of a religion.

The 6-foot-tall (1.8-meter) stone monument, paid for with private money and supported by lawmakers in the socially conservative state, was installed in 2012, prompting complaints that it violated the U.S. Constitution's provisions against government establishment of religion, as well as local laws.

In a 7-2 decision, the court said the placement of the monument violated a section in the state's constitution, which says no public money or property can be used either directly or indirectly for the "benefit, or support of any sect, church, denomination, or system of religion."

Lawmakers have argued that the monument was not serving a religious purpose but was meant to mark a historical event.

This opened the door for other groups, including Satanists and the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, to apply for permission to ? their own monuments on Capitol grounds to mark what they say are historical events.

In March, a U.S. judge dismissed a case filed by an atheist group that was seeking to remove the monument from State Capitol grounds, saying the plaintiffs failed to show standing to bring the suit. (Reporting by Heide Brandes; Writing by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by Bill Trott)

Please tell me one good thing that can come of this ruling?

Don't worry, i'll wait....

wVFjxxu.gif

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm from Tulsa Oklahoma and my family is there but I don't give a shot what white do with their ?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's because of Church and State and I advocate it being taken off. Why don't they put the original commandments of laws there which is Laws of Ma'at it so graciously copied from?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Separation of church and state. That in and of itself is a good reason.

No such thing my friend.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    It's because of Church and State and I advocate it being taken off. Why don't they put the original commandments of laws there which is Laws of Ma'at it so graciously copied from?

Ma'at is an idol buried in the sands of Egypt. No one is checking for the laws of Ma'at being that she was a deceiver herself who was destroyed when Moses brought the plagues!

Again tell me how the 10 commandments are wrong?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Didn't say they were wrong, but they come from the Laws of Ma'at. The so called "deities" are anthropomorphic representations of either natural things or concepts. In Which Ma'at means balance and following universal laws. There are plenty of black folk in America checking up on the laws of Ma'at and people who studied ancient history.

All religions tie into the original format of Voodun. You can call me a liar and a deceiver and etc, but I know the information that I researched that everything ties into it.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel drawn to that Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Didn't say they were wrong, but they come from the Laws of Ma'at. The so called "deities" are anthropomorphic representations of either natural things or concepts. In Which Ma'at means balance and following universal laws. There are plenty of black folk in America checking up on the laws of Ma'at and people who studied ancient history.

All religions tie into the original format of Voodun. You can call me a liar and a deceiver and etc, but I know the information that I researched that everything ties into it.

But how about your sin? Where is your atonement?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    I feel drawn to that Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You need to be drawn to the man in the glory. King Jesus. The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster provides no atonement for your soul. So how do you deal with the sin in your life my friend?
  • babelipsss
    Options
    The COTFSM says that I am without sin. We don't even have to pray. Wanna join?
  • Ajackson17
    Options

I forgive myself for my wrongdoings through my grace of love and kindness and I forgive those who wrong me. See I'm clean now.
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see the problem. People can still have it in their homes.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    The COTFSM says that I am without sin. We don't even have to pray. Wanna join?

The bolded just proved that you sin. Now how are you going to atone for it?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

I forgive myself for my wrongdoings through my grace of love and kindness and I forgive those who wrong me. See I'm clean now.

Your not clean in the eyes of the One who made you, the LORD Jesus Christ. You can juke and shive me as much as you want, but you won't be able to juke and shive death. Death is the trump card my friend. And on that day, when you give up the spirit that animates your flesh, you will have to answer to a higher authority that will not pity, nor spare any who reject Him.

But hey, your soul, your will, your life..........that is until you fall into the hands of the living ? . Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    RobCoLife wrote: »

True, but It's more of a reflection of American society and leadership. Have you ever read the book of Amos before my friend?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your not clean in the eyes of the One who made you, the LORD Jesus Christ. You can juke and shive me as much as you want, but you won't be able to juke and shive death. Death is the trump card my friend. And on that day, when you give up the spirit that animates your flesh, you will have to answer to a higher authority that will not pity, nor spare any who reject Him.

But hey, your soul, your will, your life..........that is until you fall into the hands of the living ? . Amen.

And in the eyes of the lord you are a false prophet.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

My mother and father made me.
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True, but It's more of a reflection of American society and leadership. Have you ever read the book of Amos before my friend?
    You can argue that point about American history in general. I have read Amos, it was so long ago though. I have read the bible at least once.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

And in the eyes of the lord you are a false prophet.

Well of course I am a false prophet to your "lord" because your "lord" is Baal.

In the eyes of my LORD I am a precious jewel! Hallelujah!

I urge you my friend to turn to the Lord Jesus Christ and He will heal you. Confess your sins to Him and turn away from unrighteousness and you will be saved! The time is short my friend. The time is short. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

But who gave you the spirit when you were conceived? When your Dads sperm met your mothers egg you receivered a spirit! Where did it come from?
  • babelipsss
    Options

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is a real church. I am now a member in in good standing.

They are fond of beer.
    Every Friday is a religious holiday.
    They embrace contradictions.
    They don't take themselves too seriously.
    They also believe community is better than faith. And we all know that the definition of faith is belief without proof, right?
    Their philosophy is strong that I bet more people have Googled the COTFSM than blood moons.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

You can argue that point about American history in general. I have read Amos, it was so long ago though. I have read the bible at least once.

Read Amos again my friend. It's only 9 chapters. The same things that happened in Amos day is happening in our day. There is nothing new done under the sun. Amen.

Oh yeah and FYI, the first mention of "The Day of the LORD" in any of the prophets is found in Amos. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is a real church. I am now a member in in good standing.

They are fond of beer.
    Every Friday is a religious holiday.
    They embrace contradictions.
    They don't take themselves too seriously.
    They also believe community is better than faith. And we all know that the definition of faith is belief without proof, right?
    Their philosophy is strong that I bet more people have Googled the COTFSM than blood moons.

My faith is based on proof though. I know for a fact that Jesus Christ is ? and Savior because I have met Him. Hallelujah! So your presupposition of "faith is belief without proof" doesn't ring a bell in my neighborhood. Faith is based on evidence my friend. Evidence that ? is true and that ? is right. Amen.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

But who gave you the spirit when you were conceived? When your Dads sperm met your mothers egg you receivered a spirit! Where did it come from?

Define a spirit and show me the scientific report of what it's made of and it's reality of it's existence.
  • babelipsss
    Options
    Faith is belief without proof. Look it up. If you have proof then you don't need faith. People usually don't like that little detail. Makes them mad and defensive.