THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 CHICAGO BULLS THREAD

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Did Hinrich invoke his player option yet, I know he will but hoping he does the right thing and retire
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    according to kc kirk is said to be 'mulling it over'

theres nothing to mull though hes gonna opt in

hes just trying to find another way to disapoint bulls fans
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unlucky injuries and Thibs held this team back. I'm looking forward to the Hoiberg era
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this dude Bobby Portis press conference he said he plans to be in Chicago for the next 12-13 years. That he don't have a Position, he's a Basketball player who can produce on both ends of the floor.

Sam Smith said Pete Myers is a Bulls legend. Yeah right. Pete was not nice
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kirk exercised his Player Option
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »
    Kirk exercised his Player Option

Great.

Needa hear yall cry about him every game for another year
  • ckfree
    Options
    with thibs now gone and hoiberg burying kirk on the bench i wonder who im going to talk ? about and blame everything for when ? is going wrong -- cant force it -- it gotta come naturally to me but i think its gonna be derrick especially if some real concrete ? come out about how his relationship with jimmy really is

stay tuned
  • ckfree
    Options
    eq48z8.jpg

i would still like to see kirk being put onto an iceberg and sent off into the ocean like eskimos use to do to the elders who were useless and too old to hunt

but

taking naz seat will do
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    with thibs now gone and hoiberg burying kirk on the bench i wonder who im going to talk ? about and blame everything for when ? is going wrong -- cant force it -- it gotta come naturally to me but i think its gonna be derrick especially if some real concrete ? come out about how his relationship with jimmy really is

stay tuned

I'm looking at Noah if he don't bounce back from the season he had
  • ckfree
    Options

stay tuned

I'm looking at Noah if he don't bounce back from the season he had

reason i say derrick is because i read hoiberg and boylan were working on his shooting and the first thought to pop into my head was i dont give a ? unless they are working on a complete rebuild of his mechanics -- because he had two years to work on his ? and it still broke -- i swear his shot looked a lot more smoother as a rookie

if jo knee is bone to bone then its bone to aint no coming back ffrom that but i do expect some type of bounce back -- this summer he will be able to get in shape and actually play basketball unlike last summer
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noah done, heart can only take you so far...getting paid millions of dollars to miss layups and you damn near 7 foot
  • ckfree
    Options
    im worried he plays well enough that the bulls reup for 4 or 5 more years since he will have a whole summer to himself + this also being a contract year for him
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited July 2015
    Options

Kept him away from Lebron, not too high on giving him 3 years at $5 mil per though.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kept him away from Lebron, not too high on giving him 3 years at $5 mil per though.

Too damn much and too damn long for MDJ.

I doubt that Lebron wanted him that bad. Lebron was probably playing chess while the Bulls FO was playing checkers
  • ckfree
    Options
    these new deals are gonna keep rolling in and dun deal will look cheaper and cheaper

i just hope it doesnt impede the progress of snell or mcdermott but it doesnt hurt having depth so that not one role player isnt being relied upon
  • ckfree
    edited July 2015
    Options

now people can shut the ? up about it

there been zero sign of any rift all season not even a whisper of one -- had 'sources' letting us know that management hates thibs to the point of bugging facilities (allegedly -- i think it was just woj being woj) but not one word about tension between rose and butler until AFTER the last game of the season and then all of a sudden there has suddenly been tension 'in recent weeks' between the two based on jimmy being the primary scorer as if he wasnt that all year already

bernstein doesnt even cover the bulls everyday he sits on his radio show belittling callers and writes for cbs with these shock columns and goes for ? pieces like the one hes hooked everybody on -- i cant think of a single bulls story hes ever broken in this city despite his 'sources' (many wrong ones though) the only two reliable reporters with actual team sources that break bulls stories in this city are kc and nick and both have said they never seen any tension with them and they are with the team everyday

if you google this rift story the only news on it is still bernsteins original report and any mentions any other news outlets make with regards to it they link back to that story -- nothing new has been brought to the table -- just bernstein attempted character assassination of derrick rose
  • ckfree
    Options

now people can shut the ? up about it

there been zero sign of any rift all season not even a whisper of one -- had 'sources' letting us know that management hates thibs to the point of bugging facilities (allegedly -- i think it was just woj being woj) but not one word about tension between rose and butler until AFTER the last game of the season and then all of a sudden there has suddenly been tension 'in recent weeks' between the two based on jimmy being the primary scorer as if he wasnt that all year already

bernstein doesnt even cover the bulls everyday he sits on his radio show belittling callers and writes for cbs with these shock columns and goes for ? pieces like the one hes hooked everybody on -- i cant think of a single bulls story hes ever broken in this city despite his 'sources' (many wrong ones though) the only two reliable reporters with actual team sources that break bulls stories in this city are kc and nick and both have said they never seen any tension with them and they are with the team everyday

if you google this rift story the only news on it is still bernsteins original report and any mentions any other news outlets make with regards to it they link back to that story -- nothing new has been brought to the table -- just bernstein attempted character assassination of derrick rose

zjzbqf.jpg

so... these jimmy quotes on derrick arent exactly encouraging (especially compared to how everybody else praise him) -- key thing with derrick and jimmy is they havent actually played together much -- might just take some time especially with a better offensive system

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/jimmy-butler-on-singing-for-taylor-swift-and-winning-in-chicago-20150702

rest of the interview
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically, they don't dislike each other, but they're just associates on/off the court.
  • ckfree
    Options
    giphy.gif

i was like my man here in saving private ryan all 4th quarter for me to notice any rift between the two -- i want to go back and watch that game 6 4th quarter again but like blood washed away from a sidewalk by a hard summers rain i dont know if i should at this point in time

i do think it was exaggerated some because two players having some issues over their touches is a right of passage in the nba -- its the most common issue on nba teams, it happens all the time and often the problem is solved over time -- the thing was the bulls avoided that issue through lack of offensive options through the years -- on the low this is a good problem to have rather than not having two guys worthy of giving the ball to in the first place

im glad jimmy has taken this approach though im tired of this organization walking around egg shells for rose -- they should find it easier to play together in hoibergs system