What happens when whitey displays that confederate terrorist flag in front of a bunch of real n!ggas

Options

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This idea that 'real' ? are aggressive and violent people must stop. Can this really need to be said in 2015? Evidently. And that is sad indeed.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This idea that 'real' ? are aggressive and violent people must stop. Can this really need to be said in 2015? Evidently. And that is sad indeed.

The idea of being a "real ? " in this situation is not about violence......

It is about being real about not being intimidated by white supremacists............

Being real = being cognizant of the meaning of racist symbols......

The video is short, but it is obvious that the white guy was provoking them and got confronted.......

& then.....

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3994850/you-got-knocked-the-? -out-o.gif[/img]

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    ? outta here with that ? bruh.

We all know that there is and has been a trend among some blacks to preserve 'real ? ' -- and with it recognition of a kind of more authentic blackness -- for a certain kind of black man. The operating definition varies, but for many a 'real ? ' is someone who not reluctant to turn to violence.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I get the outrage over the confederate flag but this focus on it is not doing us any real good IMO.

We as black people should feel the same outrage about the American flag. More violence and ? up ? has happened to us under that flag than the confederate flag but ain't nobody really going in about that ? . We were still slaves, dealt with jim crow, institutionalized racism and so much more under the American flag so why no outrage about that or am I missing something?

Ain't the same...the Confederacy was founded for the purpose of keeping Black people enslaved..that was its cornerstone principle..

At least the "idea" of America looks good on paper. The "idea" of the Confederacy is that the Black race can never be equal to the white race and we cannot be apart of any nation that says otherwise. It's waaaaaay more disrespectful for them to fly that flag than the American flag.

The idea of America never looked good on paper since from the beginning we were looked at as 3/5 of a man. We were not even considered human just like under the confederate flag. Add to that Lincoln himself said "if I could save the union without freeing any slave I would do it."

The constitution is saying something different in practice and idea?

I can't believe WTF I am actually reading
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I get the outrage over the confederate flag but this focus on it is not doing us any real good IMO.

We as black people should feel the same outrage about the American flag. More violence and ? up ? has happened to us under that flag than the confederate flag but ain't nobody really going in about that ? . We were still slaves, dealt with jim crow, institutionalized racism and so much more under the American flag so why no outrage about that or am I missing something?

Yeah you're missing the fact that people fly the confederate flag literally just to say "shut up black people, you'll never take this from us".

They can call it heritage all they want but that's the only reason.

Tons of ? is actually done to black people and they literally tell us black people to shut up under the American flag. So you can't tell me the confederate flag is different from the American flag.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

The Confederate flag is a symbol for white supremacy....

In parts of Europe where the ? flag is outlawed....

They use the Confederate flag as a substitute......

How is the American flag not?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ain't the same...the Confederacy was founded for the purpose of keeping Black people enslaved..that was its cornerstone principle..

At least the "idea" of America looks good on paper. The "idea" of the Confederacy is that the Black race can never be equal to the white race and we cannot be apart of any nation that says otherwise. It's waaaaaay more disrespectful for them to fly that flag than the American flag.

The idea of America never looked good on paper since from the beginning we were looked at as 3/5 of a man. We were not even considered human just like under the confederate flag. Add to that Lincoln himself said "if I could save the union without freeing any slave I would do it."

I'm talking before even the constitution was in place...the Declaration of Independence. Compare that to the various statements of secession that the Confederate states put out. Of course the federal government passed racist laws, because it's practice didn't match it's principle which was established with the declaration (which was its beginning)
  • D. Morgan
    Options

I'm talking before even the constitution was in place...the Declaration of Independence. Compare that to the various statements of secession that the Confederate states put out. Of course the federal government passed racist laws, because it's practice didn't match it's principle which was established with the declaration (which was its beginning)

The treatment or the equality of black people in this country wasn't considered then either.

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The treatment or the equality of black people in this country wasn't considered then either.

The difference is the Declaration of Independence didn't explicitly say that All men are created equal (except Blacks)...the Confederate versions of their declarations for independence mostly did say that...explicitly..no room for interpretation.
  • bambu
    Options

The Confederate flag is a symbol for white supremacy....

In parts of Europe where the ? flag is outlawed....

They use the Confederate flag as a substitute......

How is the American flag not?

It is not a symbol for white supremacy because it is founded on the basis of equality.....

Like @stiff said....

It's practice didn't always match it's principle......

& half of those practices were implemented by individuals waving confederate flags........

• D. Morgan
    Options

The difference is the Declaration of Independence didn't explicitly say that All men are created equal (except Blacks)...the Confederate versions of their declarations for independence mostly did say that...explicitly..no room for interpretation.

Nothing to interpret when their actions showed that without it being put on paper. Because one put it on paper and showed with their actions doesn't mean the ones who just showed it through actions without it being on paper are better. They are one in the same cut from the same cloth have the same goals just different ways about achieving those goals.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Bet them ? still watched the U.S.A. soccer game and cheered, though. We've through way more under that other flag.

Bet they didn't

More watch soccer than you think.
    Female soccer?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "What up blood? what up cuz? It's all black, I love us"
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why? I don't consider myself a real ? , but I'll get violent beyond belief for whatever reason I choose to. Who the ? are you to decide what's good for me? You coming to the meetup? Imma ? you up too. Stamp that mo.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The confederate flag is a flag of a defeated entity. No nation on earth after crushing rebellion doesnt celebrate that rebellion that southern cacs do. So when a white person is waving the flag they are essentially saying they love everything it stands for. So when a white person waves the flag they are essentially saying " I am here to ? ? and support the killing of ? ." The American flag is a real nation that exist. The confederate flag is a defeated entity that supported white supremacy over blacks to preserve their peculiar institution.
  • A Talented One
    edited July 2015
    Options

Why? I don't consider myself a real ? , but I'll get violent beyond belief for whatever reason I choose to. Who the ? are you to decide what's good for me? You coming to the meetup? Imma ? you up too. Stamp that mo.

Because it is bad for the race, that's why.

I'm saying that giving aggressive people the label 'real ? ' -- and thereby honoring them by suggesting that they are more authentically black -- encourages them to be aggressive, which is something we don't need.
  • bambu
    Options

I'm saying that giving aggressive people the label 'real ? ' -- and thereby honor them by suggesting that they are more authentically black -- encourages them to be aggressive, which is something we don't need.

I see what you are saying and can agree.....

However, I do not believe that being a "real ? " has to be associated with violence..........

Like I said being "real" could encompass several traits.......

None dealing with violence......

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Bet them ? still watched the U.S.A. soccer game and cheered, though. We've through way more under that other flag.

Bet they didn't

More watch soccer than you think.
    Female soccer?

Soccer in general. The World Cup is watched more than the Super Bowl, you think ain't no black folks watching nowhere?
  • A Talented One
    Options

I'm saying that giving aggressive people the label 'real ? ' -- and thereby honor them by suggesting that they are more authentically black -- encourages them to be aggressive, which is something we don't need.

I see what you are saying and can agree.....

However, I do not believe that being a "real ? " has to be associated with violence..........

Like I said being "real" could encompass several traits.......

None dealing with violence......

I agree that it can, and some people do in fact use it in other ways. Still, people do use it in the way that I'm suggesting, and I think that should stop.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Little longer video from different angle.. It looks like some female put the cat paws on racist flag girl...
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm saying that giving aggressive people the label 'real ? ' -- and thereby honoring them by suggesting that they are more authentically black -- encourages them to be aggressive, which is something we don't need.

One man should never define the race. People that think like that are ? imbeciles