Difference between Latino, Hispanic and Spanish..

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    I called this one Puerto Rican a Mexican, dude pulled a knife on me. Man I almost ? on myself. Apparently, they hate that

Any latino who ain't Mexican hates being called that ? but Puerto Ricans hate that ? x10. That ? is considered an insult to call somebody who ain't Mexican Mexican just like it's considered an insult among black latinos when people automatically assume we're ? Domincan. I've cussed people out over that ?
    I thought most ppl assume blk latinos to be from Cuba?
    Like in Mexico, n other surrounding areas if u blk n speak spanish, they call u Cuban because so many Cuban defect to central america . Then travel to get to The u.s.

I was mainly talking about Americans. Other latinos may think Cuban until they actually hear you speak. I've had people tell me to my face "I didn't even know a country named Panama existed"...

Spanish ppl told u that ? ? Or in the u.s?
    ? , i was talking to some chick from Peru, who said she never knew Blk ppl lived in Peru... i hit her with the ill face.
    I had to ask her, if ppl in Peru just walked around in circles.
    I mean, if u see ? in the u.s, u definitely have to see ? down there. There's waaay more blks in latin america, than in north america.

Yeah it's only Americans who've told me that or thought I was making up a country just to seem "exotic" or pretend to be mixed with something. Or my favorite "If you really from Panama and they speak spanish then speak it right now." I'm not even lying when I say majority of people I have met who knew of Panama knew so because of former Yankee pitcher Mariano Rivera
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    SOME BIZARRE FACTS THAT NONE LATINO PEOPLE DON´T KNOW IS THAT YOU CAN HAVE WHITE PEOPLE IN YOUR FAM AND THEY BE LATINO AS MUCH AS A BLACK PERSON DARK AS WESLEY SNIPES.? IS WEIRD IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

I've said before on here when I was younger people thought my mother was me and my brothers babysitter because of how much lighter she is than me and my brothers. She would really get random people coming up to her assuming she was some random white lady watching 3 black kids lol.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @blackrain

Bruh!, see what I mean? White man got y'all all in here going back and forth over some white devil made up ? smh. ? in here googleing and wikapediaing they ? off.

If this aint solid proof that the white man ? this world up, then I don't know what else to show you.

Brother @nujerz84

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the spanish white devils who caused all this confusion. I'm not the one who stole your identity/culture, erased your past, replaced it with a new one, and forced you to create your own smh.
    It's the white mans fault, and don't you ever forget it! No matter how hard they try to bury the truth.

Imo here in the US I'd say latinos are still far more in of its indigenous roots, hoots and culture than most.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I called this one Puerto Rican a Mexican, dude pulled a knife on me. Man I almost ? on myself. Apparently, they hate that

Any latino who ain't Mexican hates being called that ? but Puerto Ricans hate that ? x10. That ? is considered an insult to call somebody who ain't Mexican Mexican just like it's considered an insult among black latinos when people automatically assume we're ? Domincan. I've cussed people out over that ?
    Like in Mexico, n other surrounding areas if u blk n speak spanish, they call u Cuban because so many Cuban defect to central america . Then travel to get to The u.s.

I was mainly talking about Americans. Other latinos may think Cuban until they actually hear you speak. I've had people tell me to my face "I didn't even know a country named Panama existed"...

? , i was talking to some chick from Peru, who said she never knew Blk ppl lived in Peru... i hit her with the ill face.
    I mean, if u see ? in the u.s, u definitely have to see ? down there. There's waaay more blks in latin america, than in north america.

Yeah it's only Americans who've told me that or thought I was making up a country just to seem "exotic" or pretend to be mixed with something. Or my favorite "If you really from Panama and they speak spanish then speak it right now." I'm not even lying when I say majority of people I have met who knew of Panama knew so because of former Yankee pitcher Mariano Rivera

Muthafuckas tryna make it seem as if you are a leprechaun, which is sad. Cause in under a minute ,they could just google Panama on their phone.

Speak volumes about them.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usa_demographic_hispanic_distribution.gif
    shoot the spanish white devils who caused all this confusion.
    mexico-castas-chart.jpg

• D0wn
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    @blackrain

Bruh!, see what I mean? White man got y'all all in here going back and forth over some white devil made up ? smh. ? in here googleing and wikapediaing they ? off.

If this aint solid proof that the white man ? this world up, then I don't know what else to show you.

Brother @nujerz84

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the spanish white devils who caused all this confusion. I'm not the one who stole your identity/culture, erased your past, replaced it with a new one, and forced you to create your own smh.
    It's the white mans fault, and don't you ever forget it! No matter how hard they try to bury the truth.

Imo here in the US I'd say latinos are still far more in of its indigenous roots, hoots and culture than most.

Never.
    When i was younger, i use to think latinos revered indeginous American ppl.
    Then i gott older, n found out that, there's a strong amerindian population in south central america, and they get treated like ? , by the mestizos n mulattos...
    Ya'll on that improving the race , by whitening it.

Ya must of forgot how dark the idegenious americans were

30ce5a2eb85376ae220946889fd51a15.jpg

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah full blooded Native Americans are very darkskinned
  • nujerz84
    Options
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.
    Then i gott older, n found out that, there's a strong amerindian population in south central america, and they get treated like ? , by the mestizos n mulattos...

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

I hate typing on the phone.. but yeah my point still remains if you simply by mere numbers, geographic location and the fact I seen it across various latin communities.. latinos in the United States are more knowledgable and celebratory of its idgenous roots, history and culture.

It is what it is.
  • D0wn
    Options
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

I hate typing on the phone.. but yeah my point still remains if you simply by mere numbers, geographic location and the fact I seen it across various latin communities.. latinos in the United States are more knowledgable and celebratory of its idgenous roots, history and culture.

It is what it is.
    Yep y'all are, Wrd to Blanqueamiento, and mejorar la raza...
    Again , yall most of forgot how dark the natives were ...
  • nujerz84
    Options
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

It is what it is.

Yep we are.. Reading is fundamental. Bringing up racist practices in Latin America has nothing to do with the point I'm making..
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick question, are people from Belize, Guyana, and Haiti latino?
    All three countries are part of latin america.
    Belieze is in central America, Guyana is in South America
    Haiti is 1/3 of Hispaniola.

I know some Haitians that consider themselves latino. I had an ex who was from Haiti and she did consider herself both Haitian and latino. Guyana's mainly consider themselves Caribbean or just West Indian depending on where they're family is from. Belizeans consider themselves latino from what I've always seen.

As a belizeans...we aint no latinos ?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What pais you repping
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    I consider Haiti and the French islands Latin
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

It is what it is.
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

It is what it is.

Latinos are more knowledgeable aboout its roots than whom?????
  • nujerz84
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

It is what it is.
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

It is what it is.

Than other minorities groups.
  • D0wn
    Options
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

It is what it is.

Yep we are.. Reading is fundamental. Bringing up racist practices in Latin America has nothing to do with the point I'm making..

Yes it does.
    How can one claim to be proud of idegnious culture, when y'all attempting to bleach your selves and the culture out?
    What part of the game is that?

Some appreciation ...
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

It is what it is.
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

It is what it is.

Than other minorities groups.

Yeah no lol
  • nujerz84
    Options
    @blackrain

Brother @nujerz84

Never.

BlackNDNs.jpg

clovistop.jpg

It is what it is.

Yes it does.
    How can one claim to be proud of idegnious culture, when y'all attempting to bleach your selves and the culture out?
    What part of the game is that?

Some appreciation ...

The logic is faulty and again has nothing to do with I stated.

That is like saying because there was racial and ethnic genocide in Rwanda that blacks in US aren't proud of being African or African roots..

Or that because there skin bleaching in some nations in Africa .. folks of not proud of being black.

My counterpoint is Latinos in US are more aware of its culture and history than other minority groups due to variety of factors. This even more so among younger people.. indigenous celebrations for central american latin nations is huge here in NJ.

Indigenous culture and history is celebrated heavy among Latinos in the US and least from what I have seen in my travels in my lifetime at every event celebrating a latin country I been too.

You made the claim we forgot how dark the natives are.. my retort is that many Latinos we do know what we are in terms of country of origin, to what indigenous tribe we are from.

Mexicans and Puerto Ricans here the US are repping Aztec and Taino's roots heavy.

Sadly due white colonialism , geographical distance, and ? up racist practices, for blacks is not the case..

there been recent debate of black american vs african american.. I don't see something like that happening among Latinos the term Latino was created to separate themselves from the Whites from Spain.

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    mexico-castas-chart.jpg
    See, white devil ? lol. This chart just basically shows how much they like to ? and divide ? up. Then create ? ass charts.

I also find it hilarious that there pretty much is nothing out there that talks about black and native mixing. We been in the the americas over 500 years and there's evidence that we been over here before white folks dumped us over here. Now you know damn well people was ? . I think native americans aint ? but africans who left africa a ? long time ago. Shot out to the mysterious olmec.
    IMG_1635.jpg
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    mexico-castas-chart.jpg
    See, white devil ? lol. This chart just basically shows how much they like to ? and divide ? up. Then create ? ass charts.

I also find it hilarious that there pretty much is nothing out there that talks about black and native mixing. We been in the the americas over 500 years and there's evidence that we been over here before white folks dumped us over here. Now you know damn well people was ? . I think native americans aint ? but africans who left africa a ? long time ago. Shot out to the mysterious olmec.
    IMG_1635.jpg

Lobo, zambo and cabujo refer to black/native mixes
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @nujerz84

Y'all ? do not got it together like that lol. What about your african roots ? ? All y'all don't got native american blood flowing through y'all. Especially you east coast "latinos". Most of y'all folks come straight from them islands. Most "latinos" on the west coast/southwest would more than likely have native blood. If yo people come from them islands than more than likely they are a result of stolen africans, african/spanish white devil, or straight up spanish white devil. Then you got the mixed folk who keep mixing up over the years and acting like they a new race and ? lol. Like I said, all this latino, hispanic, and spanish ? is a result of spanish crackas ? and ? ? up.

Us stolen africans for the most part just say we black to avoid all the unnecessary confusion. A lot of ? around the world do it now at days too. Some of us still holding on to them ? titles crackas created though(I think you one of them).

Your claim about reppin the native people hard is kinda false over here in cali. The mexicans are mixed up as ? . They look arab, white, light skin black, philapino, indian, or a mixture of all of them. They may rep the natives but most don't even really know ? about it. I know very little messicans who can even speak a native language, know what tribe they from, or even know what state they people are originally from. How many "latinos" you know who aint catholic? When I see "latino" celebrations this is what I see here in cali
    Mexican-celebrations.jpg
    mexican-culture-celebrations.jpg
    15-2.jpg
    _49136083_d595425b-804a-4bd9-8727-d4a4e93fc3a0.jpg
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=39856494
    Mexican2.jpg
    ^and everybody speaking spanish! This is damn near the same thing they do in spain lol^

I see very little of this
    diademuertos.jpg
    fest9.jpg
    mexican-revolution-day-celebrations-in-guanajuato-6.jpg?w=500

By the way, I'm black, but my great grandpa on my dad side is straight up choctaw. On my mom side my great grandma was some native(can't remember the name of the tribe). Can I call my self "latino" too? Can I rep the "indigenous" people as well? I mean I do have a closer blood relation to the "indigenous" people than all of the heavily mixed folks who speak spanish do. I do resemble them more than the average heavily mixed "latino" does.

See how crazy white folks ? the game up now? This whole thread is a result of it lol. "latin" media is really ? up over in the "latin" countries as well. All we see are the white/mostly white/heavily mixed "latinos" with heavy tans and fake bodies. I see very little "indigenous" and african folks. Who are usually the majority in these "latin" areas do to dumping massive amounts of africans there 100's of years ago. There was also africans in these "latino" areas before the spanish even showed up.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I always use the Panama Canal when I hafta explain Panama. Usually that works. In all honesty, if you're Panamanian, one can argue that you're black. Most Panamanians descended from African slaves that were brought to the Americas from the Caribbean.

I don't know how it works with the other Latino countries, but my biologocal father is from Panama and my moms is black -- so I've done my fair share of homework.

• Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You on point callling out them devils divide and conquer tactics
    At the end of the day regardless if they wanna go by Latino or Hispanic
    There a mixed breed wit varying degree of Spanish (European), "Native American" and African blood

Speaking on the bolded tho, i think theres sum truth to that

This what the original "Native" Americans/Aborigine looked like
    hqdefault.jpg

Wouldnt surprise me if the group of Asians who crossed the
    Bering Strait into America interbreed with sum of the Black folks who was already here
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or better yet, maybe there never was a Bering Strait, they prolly made that ? up too
    I noticed how over the years it seem like they were depicting them being lighter and lighter
    To the point to were they even had this full blooded cac on tv potraying a Native smh