2»

Comments

• CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I liked the movie, I liked how it was filmed. Movie had a real dope look, kinda like Under The Skin. Ava was cold with it, had a human catching feelings then set him up for the L. This ? cut his arm deep as ? , I'm like bruh you know damn well you not a robot.

After this movie I've become a fan of Oscar Isaac. I gotta check out his other work and future movies.

That dance scene was comedy and it was also crazy how smooth that knife was. ? was like butter.

I'm all over the place, but this was a good movie. I would purchase it.

Check out "A most violent year" he was great in that, young Pacino vibe...very underrated flick.

A most violent year was a ? snoozefest.

I ? with oscar isaac tho check out inside llewyn davis.

requoted for emphasis.. such a ? snooze fest

Wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE! You all should know better. "A Most Violent Year," is a really good movie if you understand what the director/writer was trying to do...

(Anyone planning on watching this, don't read the spoiler because it'll ruin the best aspect of this movie and your enjoyment/appreciation of it.)
    All of the mob elements were played up in this movie: The way Abel Morales spoke, dressed, his affiliations, his wife, everything was shown to reflect a mobster lifestyle. BUT THEN, the movie proceeded to subvert your expectations of what a gangster/mob movie is by having Abel go against what ever trite formula you (as a viewer) come to expect from this genre of film. The protagonist (Abel Morales) had every opportunity to go the mob/gangster route, but he had strong principles and made the right choice in spite of the hurdles. I know alot of people on this board can relate to that.

This was a refreshing take on the genre because each decision made was the opposite of what most movies in this genre would do. A welcome change considering how many gangster films follow this same cliche/predictable narrative.

Then again, I watch alot of movies so maybe i'm just happy when a movie still surprises me by doing something different.

9.0/10

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I liked the movie, I liked how it was filmed. Movie had a real dope look, kinda like Under The Skin. Ava was cold with it, had a human catching feelings then set him up for the L. This ? cut his arm deep as ? , I'm like bruh you know damn well you not a robot.

After this movie I've become a fan of Oscar Isaac. I gotta check out his other work and future movies.

That dance scene was comedy and it was also crazy how smooth that knife was. ? was like butter.

I'm all over the place, but this was a good movie. I would purchase it.

Check out "A most violent year" he was great in that, young Pacino vibe...very underrated flick.

A most violent year was a ? snoozefest.

I ? with oscar isaac tho check out inside llewyn davis.

requoted for emphasis.. such a ? snooze fest

Wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE! You all should know better. "A Most Violent Year," is a really good movie if you understand what the director/writer was trying to do...

(Anyone planning on watching this, don't read the spoiler because it'll ruin the best aspect of this movie and your enjoyment/appreciation of it.)
    All of the mob elements were played up in this movie: The way Abel Morales spoke, dressed, his affiliations, his wife, everything was shown to reflect a mobster lifestyle. BUT THEN, the movie proceeded to subvert your expectations of what a gangster/mob movie is by having Abel go against what ever trite formula you (as a viewer) come to expect from this genre of film. The protagonist (Abel Morales) had every opportunity to go the mob/gangster route, but he had strong principles and made the right choice in spite of the hurdles. I know alot of people on this board can relate to that.

This was a refreshing take on the genre because each decision made was the opposite of what most movies in this genre would do. A welcome change considering how many gangster films follow this same cliche/predictable narrative.

Then again, I watch alot of movies so maybe i'm just happy when a movie still surprises me by doing something different.

9.0/10

Nah fam. Didn't ? happen in that movie. It was uneventful.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A movie called A most violent year was boring? Wtf, disappointing