Options

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    It's a damn shame he waited so late due to Drake having him shook up. When you actually do a comparative analysis of this with Drake's verses. Not bad.
    518.gif

"? is real, the ? crackers itching to do me like emmett till
    I can smell death in the air and you the ? ,
    when you was still out in the field toting them glocks,
    man he was still wheel chair jimmie rolling the block
    my momma use to hold the berettas when it was hot,
    his momma use to peek out the window and call the cops
    the nerve of yall ? saying started from the bottom when its real ? dying who cops killing and metal flying.
    All that ? you selling real ? never buying."

Ain't no way you ? can gas up them back-to-back verses then pretend like the last part of Meek's ? didn't have some substance/heat.

Damn that ? hard

Meek making a come back

While impressive, its too Lil too late. Media already trying to force a Kendrick/ Drake beef. Everybody has moved on.

Wht media dictates hiphop... okay

Unfortunately it does.....considering the fact most media is white owned. As you can see on outlets such as allhiphop and worldstar are still reporting on Meek throwing jabs, bigger companies used the beef to brand there products. XXL is on my Facebook declaring Drake the winner and trying to force a Kendrick beef. He said the words "six" and "energy" so those are supposed subliminals.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would Mos Def battle Lupe lol...

Lupe's pen game is nice as hell, but I never understand that dude's moves. And he's typing on instagram....

That bar was dope though.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »

Lupe's pen game is nice as hell, but I never understand that dude's moves. And he's typing on instagram....

https://youtu.be/4-tzs_zSxkg
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    That last freestyle was cool.

BUT!!!

He didn't have a problem with Drake "starting from the bottom" a year ago. His was the first freestyle of that song I had heard. But because Meek went on a Twitter rampage and it backfired, now he wants to recant on all the cosigning he, Drake, and essentially everyone between YMCMB and MMG have been doing.

If he really felt that way about all that real street ? , he would have spoken up about it the moment Drake started singing about "catching bodies like that". That's what a real ? would've done: Pull him to the side and say 'Chill, that's not your life'. But no, he rode that Drake wave into B list celebrity fame.

See and this is a perfect example of the uphill no win situation Meek fighting.... Even when the ? does drop hot bars its still a L becuz ? gonna say " well you didn't have a problem b4 but now you wanna say something bout it" no matter what ? finna try and attach a L to anything Meek say or do...he in a no win situation

Do you know why?

Because when you're wrong, you're wrong.

Can you recall ONE instance in the court of public opinion where the person, who was fundamentally unjustified in their position, won? This all started because Meek did some ? he basically had no business doing. The only way he could have corrected himself is to acknowledge his ? and move on. But instead of walking the straight and narrow, he keeps pulling these spin moves that no one is following because we know where he came from.

This is his own fault and he won't own up to it.

Pac??? 50??? LL???

CS LL, but the other 2 had valid reasons on starting the beef.

Naw ima big pac fan but he wasn't justified going at big...he thought big had something to do with him getting shot and we find out he didn't.... 50 meh guess if you can say he was justified going at ja but if you think he won the lil spar with Jay then yea he wasn't justified there either or if you think he won the battle with fat joe... Point being you don't have to be justified to win in the court of public opinion....I probably could think of more if I wanted to
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? still debating this tho!? ? this...

FREE POST

• za'kiss
    Options
    i got money on Lupe....i remember years ago he was going back and forth ( amicable) w Jay Electronica on okayplayer.com.....and Lupe dropped some bars that ended everything and restored hierarchy....His pen is deadly

I don't recall Jay dropping any bars. Lupe dropped some bars that basically said he wanted to be BFF with Jay, but it was cool.

Lupe could probably beat most any artist in a battle because he's a battle rap nerd. He follows SMACK/URL and all that ? religiously. He's up on all the latest techniques in wordplay, schemes, and angles and so on. It would be pretty dumb to battle him. Plus he's a pretty clever and intelligent guy.

But then again, things change a bit on wax. Lupe's bars would be incredible and nasty, but I'm actually not that big of a Lupe fan. In rap music, the better battle song isn't just determined by bars. If someone like a Jay or Mos could at least match him lyrically, but sounded way better on beat and overall had a more entertaining song, he could lose that way. It's all a bit silly though because there's not a chance in hell any of these ? would battle. They love each other too much. And no one risks their career just "for the culture." Pride has to be involved, reputations at stake.
  • za'kiss
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

https://youtu.be/4-tzs_zSxkg

Entertaining, but bruh.... he's talking about a Sci-Fi movie basically. ? will never happen.

Reminds me of when Jay was trying to challenge Nas to a boxing match lol....
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

BUT!!!

He didn't have a problem with Drake "starting from the bottom" a year ago. His was the first freestyle of that song I had heard. But because Meek went on a Twitter rampage and it backfired, now he wants to recant on all the cosigning he, Drake, and essentially everyone between YMCMB and MMG have been doing.

If he really felt that way about all that real street ? , he would have spoken up about it the moment Drake started singing about "catching bodies like that". That's what a real ? would've done: Pull him to the side and say 'Chill, that's not your life'. But no, he rode that Drake wave into B list celebrity fame.

See and this is a perfect example of the uphill no win situation Meek fighting.... Even when the ? does drop hot bars its still a L becuz ? gonna say " well you didn't have a problem b4 but now you wanna say something bout it" no matter what ? finna try and attach a L to anything Meek say or do...he in a no win situation

Do you know why?

Because when you're wrong, you're wrong.

Can you recall ONE instance in the court of public opinion where the person, who was fundamentally unjustified in their position, won? This all started because Meek did some ? he basically had no business doing. The only way he could have corrected himself is to acknowledge his ? and move on. But instead of walking the straight and narrow, he keeps pulling these spin moves that no one is following because we know where he came from.

This is his own fault and he won't own up to it.

Pac??? 50??? LL???

CS LL, but the other 2 had valid reasons on starting the beef.

Naw ima big pac fan but he wasn't justified going at big...he thought big had something to do with him getting shot and we find out he didn't.... 50 meh guess if you can say he was justified going at ja but if you think he won the lil spar with Jay then yea he wasn't justified there either or if you think he won the battle with fat joe... Point being you don't have to be justified to win in the court of public opinion....I probably could think of more if I wanted to

Big was affliated with the cats that got Pac. It was like a year ago when all that ? came out about henchman and hatian jack and their connection to bad boy. Which made "Against All Odds" doper than it already was.
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    h8rhurta wrote: »
    I'm still holding out for make to put all these verses in a track I don't roll with what the media tells me to think.... I honestly think it's wack Meek ain't get the same shake Drake got to make a follow up track to his first one.... Drake dropped that weak charged up and all you heard was "its ok yea it was weak but its just a bait track, his second one he gonna come with the real stuff" and everybody gave him a chance to redeem himself which he did...but now with Meek everybody like you only got ONE chance if you slip up here that's it you lost you're done we don't wanna hear no more we not giving you a chance to redeem yourself like we gave Drake....

But some how me pointing this out means I'm a Drake hater tryna preserve Meeks life when in actuality all it is is me saying hey give em both the same shake then decide not give one an advantage over the other and decide off that

The media doesn't have to tell you to think anything, if you view this as anything other than an ass whipping that Drake handed Meek then you need new eyes and ears.

Fair shake? HUH? Meek STARTED the ? . He should have been locked and loaded. Nobody's fault but his own. He thought it was an easy win and didn't train.

But Meek is a BATTLE RAPPER! You know the rules to this ? . You destroy your opponent with hot lines and bars. He literally let a singing ? body him. He has had multiple chances to redeem himself and he hasn't. This will go down as a CLASSIC ass whipping and other rappers will learn from Meek's mistakes. Checker and Chess is an understatement. I'm not a fan of either, but I do appreciate this caliber of hip-hop (although one sided).

If what Drake dropped is y'all definition of "bodying somebody" then I feel bad becuz this has to be the absolute weakest track I've ever seen a battle be won off of....when I judge battles I like to see both have the same chance as the other not "ok I'll give you 2 chances to give me something hot...and I'll give you one chance to give me something hot".... We judging one person best verses the other persons worse and deciding who won that way....maybe I'm old school but I like to judge best against best and worst against worst then decide.... This is just a objective way to do things but objectivity is a rare thing these days I see

He hit Meek with FACTS and personal jabs. Feel bad all you want, but HIT 'EM UP was mostly make believe and the fact that Pac said he ? Biggies wife and aggression clearly scored him the win.

This is 'WAR'. OK, I took 2 shots at you. I'm going to stand here and let you shoot another clip at me until we're even in shots. FOH!

No one told Meek to not make a great diss track. What else are we supposed to judge? He hasn't dropped ? else.

Dafuq said he gotta sit and LET him do anything this ain't bout Drake this is aimed at the ppl judging this ? as its already over becuz they didn't like Meeks first diss better then they liked Drake's second diss.....is Drake winning of course but again this is aimed at the ppl saying its over Meek lost the battle we don't wanna hear no more from him.... That's like you getting in a fight and a ? swing at you and miss then swings again and hits you then you swing back and miss and b4 you can swing again everybody says nope stop the fight its over you lost.....? wouldn't make no sense

You're talking about fair shakes and ? . It's not that they don't want to hear more, it's just that Drake did it in 4 days (2) as the public waited a week for Meek's 1 which clearly wasn't better than Drake's slight jab (Charged up).

There is nothing fair about fighting. No one is stopping Meek from fighting except Meek. You want 'fairness' based on rules that don't apply to this art. Until Meek gets up for the standing 8 count, he is LOSING/LOST. At this rate it doesn't look like he wants to get up or has the ammunition to fight this fight. For your sake, if you start a fight, PLEASE THROW THE FIRST PUNCH AND MAKE IT COUNT! Don't start the fight and get hit twice before you swing back looking for another swing to even the odds.

? go look at Vlad TV on YouTube and look at all the comments on Meek onstage verses bout Drake.....or go through this thread and read the comments..... Damn near EVERYBODY is saying we don't wanna hear Meek say nothing its over you lost.... And it's not about fairness its about when the hell we start calling battles over b4 they even over??? That's what I mean by fair shake so becuz Drake SECOND diss was better then Meek FIRST diss it's over even tho Meek still at these shows dropping bars at Drake??? Call it over when it's over if I'm still fighting it ain't over...

As I stated earlier my dude, his opponent dropping within days of each other and effective. You want to see what happens next, keep waiting on Meek. Didn't take the singing ? this long. When you strike effectively, there is no need to keep striking. I don't see Meek still fighting, I see him talking about wedgies and ? AR-AB. Everything, but bodying the singer ? .
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

What is this? Lupe vs Mos Def? Yes please. Anything to get Mos making music
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    I'm still holding out for make to put all these verses in a track I don't roll with what the media tells me to think.... I honestly think it's wack Meek ain't get the same shake Drake got to make a follow up track to his first one.... Drake dropped that weak charged up and all you heard was "its ok yea it was weak but its just a bait track, his second one he gonna come with the real stuff" and everybody gave him a chance to redeem himself which he did...but now with Meek everybody like you only got ONE chance if you slip up here that's it you lost you're done we don't wanna hear no more we not giving you a chance to redeem yourself like we gave Drake....

But some how me pointing this out means I'm a Drake hater tryna preserve Meeks life when in actuality all it is is me saying hey give em both the same shake then decide not give one an advantage over the other and decide off that

The media doesn't have to tell you to think anything, if you view this as anything other than an ass whipping that Drake handed Meek then you need new eyes and ears.

Fair shake? HUH? Meek STARTED the ? . He should have been locked and loaded. Nobody's fault but his own. He thought it was an easy win and didn't train.

But Meek is a BATTLE RAPPER! You know the rules to this ? . You destroy your opponent with hot lines and bars. He literally let a singing ? body him. He has had multiple chances to redeem himself and he hasn't. This will go down as a CLASSIC ass whipping and other rappers will learn from Meek's mistakes. Checker and Chess is an understatement. I'm not a fan of either, but I do appreciate this caliber of hip-hop (although one sided).

If what Drake dropped is y'all definition of "bodying somebody" then I feel bad becuz this has to be the absolute weakest track I've ever seen a battle be won off of....when I judge battles I like to see both have the same chance as the other not "ok I'll give you 2 chances to give me something hot...and I'll give you one chance to give me something hot".... We judging one person best verses the other persons worse and deciding who won that way....maybe I'm old school but I like to judge best against best and worst against worst then decide.... This is just a objective way to do things but objectivity is a rare thing these days I see

He hit Meek with FACTS and personal jabs. Feel bad all you want, but HIT 'EM UP was mostly make believe and the fact that Pac said he ? Biggies wife and aggression clearly scored him the win.

This is 'WAR'. OK, I took 2 shots at you. I'm going to stand here and let you shoot another clip at me until we're even in shots. FOH!

No one told Meek to not make a great diss track. What else are we supposed to judge? He hasn't dropped ? else.

Dafuq said he gotta sit and LET him do anything this ain't bout Drake this is aimed at the ppl judging this ? as its already over becuz they didn't like Meeks first diss better then they liked Drake's second diss.....is Drake winning of course but again this is aimed at the ppl saying its over Meek lost the battle we don't wanna hear no more from him.... That's like you getting in a fight and a ? swing at you and miss then swings again and hits you then you swing back and miss and b4 you can swing again everybody says nope stop the fight its over you lost.....? wouldn't make no sense

You're talking about fair shakes and ? . It's not that they don't want to hear more, it's just that Drake did it in 4 days (2) as the public waited a week for Meek's 1 which clearly wasn't better than Drake's slight jab (Charged up).

There is nothing fair about fighting. No one is stopping Meek from fighting except Meek. You want 'fairness' based on rules that don't apply to this art. Until Meek gets up for the standing 8 count, he is LOSING/LOST. At this rate it doesn't look like he wants to get up or has the ammunition to fight this fight. For your sake, if you start a fight, PLEASE THROW THE FIRST PUNCH AND MAKE IT COUNT! Don't start the fight and get hit twice before you swing back looking for another swing to even the odds.

? go look at Vlad TV on YouTube and look at all the comments on Meek onstage verses bout Drake.....or go through this thread and read the comments..... Damn near EVERYBODY is saying we don't wanna hear Meek say nothing its over you lost.... And it's not about fairness its about when the hell we start calling battles over b4 they even over??? That's what I mean by fair shake so becuz Drake SECOND diss was better then Meek FIRST diss it's over even tho Meek still at these shows dropping bars at Drake??? Call it over when it's over if I'm still fighting it ain't over...

As I stated earlier my dude, his opponent dropping within days of each other and effective. You want to see what happens next, keep waiting on Meek. Didn't take the singing ? this long. When you strike effectively, there is no need to keep striking. I don't see Meek still fighting, I see him talking about wedgies and ? AR-AB. Everything, but bodying the singer ? .

If that's the case then apparently you haven't been paying much attention becuz he done dropped bars his last 3 stops on the tour bout Drake including his last stop in philly....but I guess if you didn't hear it then it didn't happen
  • h8rhurta
    Options

If that's the case then apparently you haven't been paying much attention becuz he done dropped bars his last 3 stops on the tour bout Drake including his last stop in philly....but I guess if you didn't hear it then it didn't happen

Dude, so that means he's up on Drake then (using your analogy 'in swings'). Bars at 3 stops on the tour. So with those bars, has he won the battle? Ok, he's taking more shots at Drake than Drake has taken at him. You're making the case. He's throwing ? shots and Drake's diss is bringing in money from the charts. CHESS vs. CHECKERS.
  • GetoBoy
    Options

Dude, so that means he's up on Drake then (using your analogy 'in swings'). Bars at 3 stops on the tour. So with those bars, has he won the battle? Ok, he's taking more shots at Drake than Drake has taken at him. You're making the case. He's throwing ? shots and Drake's diss is bringing in money from the charts. CHESS vs. CHECKERS.

Ok bruh clearly it all went over yo head so there's no need to go on how'd me saying the battle ain't over becuz Meek still fighting lead to you coming up with me saying anybody has won or lost clearly I've stated ppl shouldn't be calling it over till its over and both should be judged by their best b4 we call it over smh....Drake getting paid off his songs on the charts and Meek getting paid performing his song on a world tour.....both seem good to me *shrugs*
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

BUT!!!

If he really felt that way about all that real street ? , he would have spoken up about it the moment Drake started singing about "catching bodies like that".That's what a real ? would've done:
    Pull him to the side and say 'Chill, that's not your life'. But no, he rode that Drake wave into B list celebrity fame.

Exactly ....but you know ...these goofy ass ? don't know what the ? they talking about on here .....the fact that ? were actually CS'n them bars like they were "tough" just shows me the level of clownish behavior these ? find acceptable and probably display in their own lives ....in any situation ...if you riding with a ? that's a known "fake ? " as meek now claims Drake is ....how the ? does that not make you also a fake ? for running with him? Are you not judged by the company you keep? But now all of a sudden since that ain't ya mans no more you trying to rag him on ? you was cool with just a few months ago?

Wheretheydothatat?

Lmaoooo ....and these goofy ass ? can't see right thru that ? ? That ? is "tuff" ......them is "real bars"

SMFH at any clown rocking with that foolish ass ? ....it's sad how much these ? gotta reach and grasp for straws to keep this clearly finished beef alive ....ain't no way in the world my desire to see a rap beef pop off gone lead me to being as illogical as some of these ? I see responding in this thread ..lmao

One of these goofy ass ? said that meek ? had "substance" lmaoooooooooo

Sad
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    B-b-b-b-b, "Is that a world tour, or your girl tour" was ill, tho.

"? hip-hop purists...holier-than-thou ? "

OK, then.

A ? shut yo ? ass up ...you been crying moaning whining a belly aching like a 3rd trimester ? for whole damn week now .....you so ? mad my ? ? You that hot about the state of hiphop and its constituents...why don't you stop crying like a FUCKBOIII and Put it in a rap ...since you about that reeaaaaalll hiphop ? ... That's what a reallll hiphop ? would do.....if not sit your ? ass down somewhere ....sounding like a ? hoe

You goofy ass ? in here sounding sick as ? lmaoooo
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    i got money on Lupe....i remember years ago he was going back and forth ( amicable) w Jay Electronica on okayplayer.com.....and Lupe dropped some bars that ended everything and restored hierarchy....His pen is deadly

I don't recall Jay dropping any bars. Lupe dropped some bars that basically said he wanted to be BFF with Jay, but it was cool.

Lupe could probably beat most any artist in a battle because he's a battle rap nerd. He follows SMACK/URL and all that ? religiously. He's up on all the latest techniques in wordplay, schemes, and angles and so on. It would be pretty dumb to battle him. Plus he's a pretty clever and intelligent guy.

But then again, things change a bit on wax. Lupe's bars would be incredible and nasty, but I'm actually not that big of a Lupe fan. In rap music, the better battle song isn't just determined by bars. If someone like a Jay or Mos could at least match him lyrically, but sounded way better on beat and overall had a more entertaining song, he could lose that way. It's all a bit silly though because there's not a chance in hell any of these ? would battle. They love each other too much. And no one risks their career just "for the culture." Pride has to be involved, reputations at stake.

Drake is as much of a battle rap nerd as Lupe if not more.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

OK, then.

A ? shut yo ? ass up ...you been crying moaning whining a belly aching like a 3rd trimester ? for whole damn week now .....you so ? mad my ? ? You that hot about the state of hiphop and its constituents...why don't you stop crying like a FUCKBOIII and Put it in a rap ...since you about that reeaaaaalll hiphop ? ... That's what a reallll hiphop ? would do.....if not sit your ? ass down somewhere ....sounding like a ? hoe

As you wish:

? Drake stans on the IC/
    Suckin his Jewgro ? , ? just reminds me/
    When ? was all good 10 years ago/
    Bars was bars, if you had 'em, you were a hero, tho/
    Now simple ? ? out here with ? Twitter dreams/
    Claim they choppin off heads with only Twitter memes/
    So I'ma say the ? real mother ? simple/
    ? a ? owl if that ? don't rep Temple/

We get it. That ? won. We don't ? care/
    300 pages of feelins y'all done hoisted in the air/
    Let it go, take a victory lap, dance on Meek's ? head/
    Do something constructive with ya life, start by locking this ? thread

Please....lock this ? now.
  • h8rhurta
    Options

Ok bruh clearly it all went over yo head so there's no need to go on how'd me saying the battle ain't over becuz Meek still fighting lead to you coming up with me saying anybody has won or lost clearly I've stated ppl shouldn't be calling it over till its over and both should be judged by their best b4 we call it over smh....Drake getting paid off his songs on the charts and Meek getting paid performing his song on a world tour.....both seem good to me *shrugs*

It didn't go over my head. I said 'he's thrown shots at 3 stops on the tour' how have they impacted your judgement of the battle so far? Clearly you're pulling for Meek to come back with a hail mary with no time on the clock. And Meek getting money on his girl's tour (etherous) and Drake's chart impacting diss are not the same. So if Drake doesn't respond to anything else Meek does and he keeps throwing 'shots' on the tour, sum it up for me when the 'world tour' stops and give me your winner. Better yet, who's ahead on your scorecard Letterman?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

OK, then.

As you wish:

? Drake stans on the IC/
    Suckin his Jewgro ? , ? just reminds me/
    When ? was all good 10 years ago/
    Bars was bars, if you had 'em, you were a hero, tho/
    Now simple ? ? out here with ? Twitter dreams/
    Claim they choppin off heads with only Twitter memes/
    So I'ma say the ? real mother ? simple/
    ? a ? owl if that ? don't rep Temple/

We get it. That ? won. We don't ? care/
    300 pages of feelins y'all done hoisted in the air/
    Let it go, take a victory lap, dance on Meek's ? head/
    Do something constructive with ya life, start by locking this ? thread

Please....lock this ? now.

Another Philadelphia ? Kicking Garbage .....

"please .......lock this ? now" was the realist thing you ever wrote tbh ..
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Even the Meek stans are straight outta bars.
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got lupe over mos def but I'm a need a thesaurus if they battle.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Another Philadelphia ? Kicking Garbage .....

"please .......lock this ? now" was the realist thing you ever wrote tbh ..

I live in Brooklyn, ? . Funny how people actually do come with ? , and you say...well, that.

Yeah. ? thread should've been shut down.
    Beefer77 wrote: »
    I got lupe over mos def but I'm a need a thesaurus if they battle.
    Nah. Bring that ? on. That battle would be tons more entertaining.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    We gotta move on. Drake won hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.