Straight Outta Compton Movie - Official Thread (8-14)

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why was the snoop character so turned up? He wasn't laid back at all. Looking back at it they also made death row seem like the low point of Dre's life. Death Row was made out to be hell in the movie but they skipped over the chronic, ? , Dogg food, murda was the case, all eyes on me, etc... My point is not that they could have fit all that in a movie but they could have glazed over death row's success with Dre at the helm but Suge ? it up.

But the movie was dope as ? ! I'm not sure another hip hop bio pic is going to work as well as this one did because there I don't see another act who really had the impact that NWA had. Who's story would really make a good movie? I could see a Russell Simmons and Rick Ruben movie, and maybe a roc a fella movie. But we could easily get that biggie ? again.
    A suge knight movie
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could see a Russell Simmons and Rick Ruben movie

Krush Groove was based on the early days of Def Jam.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The story arc was really the humbling of eazy e lol

Dude went from the alpha ? who fell in ? wit the money & hus handler to realising what the truth was....and then it was too late
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THEY DAMMMMM SURE SHOULDA SHOWED EASY AT THE WHITEHOUSE
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    It would have been dope of they would have recreated the Straight Outta Compton video
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't how accurate Dre's portrayal in the movie was, but growing up I do remember him getting in trouble alot, getting arrested and sued for different ? . Other than the Eazy-E and Dee Barnes ? , I know he hit a police officer in New Orleans back in the day, then broke a producer's jaw named Damon Thomas which he was on house arrest for; and then he had the high-chase with the police which he did some months in prison for. And I know he was present when Mark Anthony Bell got beat up...tho in the movie was trippin over Suge's violent acts.
  • YapatnaJB
    YapatnaJB Members Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should of showed them in the studio making the grand finale for The D.O.C's album since they didn't show no working on his album & he was there from the start
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ovocapo you lookin like a real ? in here mate. that ain't the oVo way mate. I'm gonna need you to take the ovo out of your name and the owl logo off of your clothes. Drizzy's orders.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YapatnaJB wrote: »
    They should of showed them in the studio making the grand finale for The D.O.C's album since they didn't show no working on his album & he was there from the start

...I wanted to see D.O.C. in the studio recording The Formula...I woulda' also liked to see MC Ren and Dre in the booth recording Comptons In The House...One of my favorite N.W.A. tracks...
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options

OK.. WHO WAS WARREN G N THE MOVIE

SAW HIM N THE CREDITS BUT NOT ON FILM
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    I STILL WANNA KNOW HOW EASY WIFE AND SON DIDN'T CATCH ? .... THE LORD BLESSED THEM

Two scenarios.

1) there's a 1/1000 chance that you'll catch ? from vaginal sex. So either was in injected with it by suge after tomica got pregnant. Or he was a downlow butt buddy with Mc Ren.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    OK.. WHO WAS WARREN G N THE MOVIE

SAW HIM N THE CREDITS BUT NOT ON FILM
    He was the one that brought snoop to the studio. The one next to him.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Y'all gotta know that the original movie was 4 hours long. They cut out about 2 hours. So even if the movie was long it felt kinda rushed after NWA broke up.

Saw the movie in LA too. The atmosphere is unreal.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »
    There's another hour of cut footage that will be released as a directors cut, but you can't really release a 4 hour movie into theaters

TITANIC WAS 3 HOURS PLUS RIGHT....
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »
    There's another hour of cut footage that will be released as a directors cut, but you can't really release a 4 hour movie into theaters

TITANIC WAS 3 HOURS PLUS RIGHT....

Lord of the rings too.

But Cube and Gary were scared of how it's was gonna be received. U don't do 3 hours right out the gate. I agree with the decision
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I don't know why I was expecting a scene with Mack 10 and WC with Cube
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    I don't know why I was expecting a scene with Mack 10 and WC with Cube

...I WAS TOO
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-atl1-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11880433_1638583346420596_1449253730419487934_n.jpg?oh=6482622ac2a20aa83a018ea27a16a0c4&oe=5640739A[/img]

this so corny it's funny
This discussion has been closed.