#BlackLivesMatter meets Hillary Clinton

Options
2»

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've stopped saying "BlackLivesMatter" unless Im doing it to ? CAC's off. Cuz I truly think only SOME Lives Matter. It's some blacks I want dead as disco music to be honest.

HOWEVER...we gotta stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Bottomline is they got the ear of maybe the next president of the Unites States (not by my vote though.) Just 5 years ago they'd have pretended black folks didnt even exist. They at least now have to acknowledge that this ? is happening in public.

As impatient as we are we gotta understand this type of ? happens very slowly. And we'll all be old and grey before there is any real police reform in this county. That's just the reality.

But for now ? like this is just the beginning of something greater. Hopefully we realize that it cant JUST be this. Has to be a show of support by the majority of us financially, verbally, electronically, and sometimes even physically or nothing will happen.

But we cant just dismiss people because they're not totally squeaky clean. Nobody is.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ? talkin it out, Thug it out
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at ? trying to hold her accountable but never said ? to Obama
    I said it before all the ? that claimed Obama couldn't do nothing for black people because he is the president of all Americans, you just gave every politician a excuse to use when you ask for something if you won't hold Obama's ? ass accountable then don't do it to these racist politicians
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    What exactly is Black Lives Matter doing for black people?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    "What am i supposed to about it?"- The Majority of Americans

"If you cant explain it then you cant sell it"- HillRod

Low key those cats got ethered. She basically told you why the ? is futile.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's see if the Rand Paul and ? less Corey Booker sponsored Justice reform passes. Theres momentum.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the problem i had with the recording is how hillary got huffy in the chest....showed her frustration ...

would she had done that with another race or group of people wanting rights..

the guy allowed her to over talk and interrupt him and be just damn disrespectful.

she just said....if you dont make it sound nice then i cant sell it to other white people.

think about how that sounds

then she says you cant change hearts.... but blacks are supposed to change their heart towards cops and white people...

think about that also.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This article basically says, "Soros not funding black lives matter, according to Soros."

When you actually start reading in between the lines:
    “We don’t fund protests, per se,” Zimmerman told The Daily Beast. “In the way we do our grant making, we are continually looking for new voices. It’s a broad array of things—including both immigration and criminal justice reform.”
    Zimmerman said his organization has donated money to groups working on “issues arising out of the Black Lives Matter movement.”
    But Zimmerman said there is simply no way to directly fund an amorphous movement like Black Lives Matter, even if George Soros wanted to.

Basically, "if we were funding them there would be no paper trail for you to follow, but we have to speak in generalities in case someone outs us."

So no this does not stop the conspiracy. I personally don't feed into that narrative but this actually bolsters those claims. You gotta learn how to identify and breakdown propaganda. If you're trying to do investigative journalism then a director at the organization of the person you're investigating can't be your only source.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    the problem i had with the recording is how hillary got huffy in the chest....showed her frustration ...

would she had done that with another race or group of people wanting rights..

the guy allowed her to over talk and interrupt him and be just damn disrespectful.

she just said....if you dont make it sound nice then i cant sell it to other white people.

think about how that sounds

then she says you cant change hearts.... but blacks are supposed to change their heart towards cops and white people...

think about that also.

Yep, she didn't even answer their question, she and her husband are primarily responsible for the federal expansion of prisons, yet the black establishment bends over backwards for them, unbelievable.
    In any case by them meeting she's actually legitimized the group, it's up to BLM to move forward, they can either Occupy All Streets or keep putting pressure on the Black Caucas to have stop bending over to ?
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    What exactly is Black Lives Matter doing for black people?

gaining attention to our issues at the very least...
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaun King got exposed for being white.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Black establishment out to defend Clinton. Pathetic, guess they want access and jobs in a potential admin

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/08/20/us/politics/hillary-clinton-takes-on-civil-rights-generation-gap.html
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I don't know about voting republican but I agree with the sentiment. I know for a fact I'm not voting unless Bernie Sanders gets the democratic nomination..and I wish Black ppl would hold hilliary accountable for her indifference
    i think the idea with switching the vote to the GOP as opposed to not voting is to demonstrate the size/strength of black voters