The WWE shows thread (Raw, Smackdown, NXT)

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goldberg tried to save face by saying a stupid momma joke right after he got choked out I forget what it was exactly I heard Jericho talk about it a few years back
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Bruh all I'm saying is Goldberg was the most humble cat in wrestling behind the scenes. HHH and Jericho were huge racist ? . Jericho said he choked out Goldberg but I don't believe anything he says. He's a well known liar and this hasn't been confirmed. I'm gonna spear any ? that talks about Goldberg through a brick wall from hence forth.

Nooooooope. Even Bischoff told stories about Goldberg being a ? .

Goldberg was only a ? to white ppl and biscoff was a ? too. You won't hear about him being a ? to Booker T, Rock, any other black person. I'd be a ? in that environment too.

I'm ? btw.

Explains a lot
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    HHH can wrestle he's just not top 10 all time at it.

And it's ? Goldberg (even tho he was a beast) for ending the ? Bret's career.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I was looking for the Nitro where Goldberg won the strap from Hogan last night and it's not on there, ? is up with that? And all those kliq docs disappeared as well
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I was looking for the Nitro where Goldberg won the strap from Hogan last night and it's not on there, ? is up with that? And all those kliq docs disappeared as well

Didn't they scrub everything Hogan related off there
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Didn't they scrub everything Hogan related off there

That might be it but when I was searching for it I seen a lot of nitro's with Hogan in the title
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even gonna lie. Goldberg is the reason why I started back watching wrestling. I use to tune in to the end of Monday Night nitro with my friend and his cousin to watch him destroy opponents. I swore up and down, I thought he was half ? the way he kicked ass and didn't give a ? . I then started tuning in to watch Harlem heat and loved when Goldberg and Booker were tag teams against NWO. I use to skip the corny ass cruiserweight matches with Juventud and Chavo. Eddie was a beast, Sting kicked ass, I loved Kevin Nash in NWO black and red even bought a wolfpack shirt. Lots of memories and then when Goldberg left and Rey Mysterio became champ, I tried transitioning over to WWF.

I like brood and that weird ? luna. Instantly became a big fan of the Rock. Austin was looking flabby and sick so it took some time getting use to him and then his promos and mic skills put me into him. Goldberg never spoke but his in ring talent outlooked any mic work if he's ever said it. Some powerhouses can pull it off and some can't. Rock and Austin weren't the greatest in the ring like Brock or Goldberg but their ability to speak on the mic was classic and vice versa.

I have yet to find a wrestler that encompasses the talent of Goldberg/Brock & Austin/Rock. That's pretty hard to pull off.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goldberg was ? garbage, I really don't know how people hold him in high regard
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    200 wins in a row and no classic matches to speak of
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when i think about it i wasnt even high on goldberg like that as a kid who aint care about workrate. he was cool, i tell people all the time it was the streak.
  • jono
    Options
    He created a big fight atmosphere but that was about it. After his short match you didnt feel the need to see it again.

Dude is called one of the greats but nobody remembers his title run. They just remember when it started and when it ended.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They created the perfect type of bad ass.

The music, pyro, smoke, security ? , winning quick etc.. nothing like it at the time..
  • jono
    Options
    Not even gonna lie. Goldberg is the reason why I started back watching wrestling. I use to tune in to the end of Monday Night nitro with my friend and his cousin to watch him destroy opponents. I swore up and down, I thought he was half ? the way he kicked ass and didn't give a ? . I then started tuning in to watch Harlem heat and loved when Goldberg and Booker were tag teams against NWO. I use to skip the corny ass cruiserweight matches with Juventud and Chavo. Eddie was a beast, Sting kicked ass, I loved Kevin Nash in NWO black and red even bought a wolfpack shirt. Lots of memories and then when Goldberg left and Rey Mysterio became champ, I tried transitioning over to WWF.

I like brood and that weird ? luna. Instantly became a big fan of the Rock. Austin was looking flabby and sick so it took some time getting use to him and then his promos and mic skills put me into him. Goldberg never spoke but his in ring talent outlooked any mic work if he's ever said it. Some powerhouses can pull it off and some can't. Rock and Austin weren't the greatest in the ring like Brock or Goldberg but their ability to speak on the mic was classic and vice versa.

I have yet to find a wrestler that encompasses the talent of Goldberg/Brock & Austin/Rock. That's pretty hard to pull off.

That was the best ? on the show.

Even when i was a kid i loved those guys. My favorites were Ultimo Dragon and Juvi but i also thought Psicosis was dope.

I remember thinking all Psicosis did was lose and then out of nowhere he was the CW champion and that didnt last long.

Rey, Malenko, Eddie, Juvi and Dragon were allowed to dominate for the most part but damn near everyone won that strap.

I remember when Blitzkrieg won the title, that match was dope as ? but i had no idea who he was.

All those guys became huge stars in other companies too. Dragon is a legend, Rey, Jericho and Eddie were all WWE champions, Juvi ? up and Dean lacked charisma to main event but he did good for himself too.

Even lower level guys like Chavo, Kidman and Gregory Helms, had better careers post-WCW than he had in WCW.

Those were good days. The CW were easily the best part of Nitro.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I could feel the way you guys do about WCW but that was my high at first. I loved the WWF attitude era too. I wish those times could be brought back with the talent we have now. I wish DB, Punk, Shield and Wyatts existed in this generations attitude era.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    So Goldberg had the in ring skills but Rock and Austin didn't ?

Well Damn I never heard that one before
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Were there any classic promos between HBK and Jericho I have to see? I'm watching the wrestlemania rewind now
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk about in 03 b4 the mania match but check they 2008 rivalry if u havent already
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Were there any classic promos between HBK and Jericho I have to see? I'm watching the wrestlemania rewind now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hzY13gnTU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtyRilWNmb0
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

He had a great gimmick during his first year and was booked accordingly. It was the right time for that.

So Goldberg had the in ring skills but Rock and Austin didn't ?

Well Damn I never heard that one before

I always felt Rock and Austin were just average in ring. Their strength is in their presence and mic work. They were like Hogan in that regard.

Both were still better than Goldberg though but Goldberg had

1) Solid booking and a great gimmick
    2) Incredible athletic ability

Goldberg paved the way for people like Brock and he was definitely entertaining as hell. More importantly he never tainted his legacy by wrestling anywhere else all these years and that definitely kept his brand intact. It's why that DVD WWE put out sold so surprisingly well despite the fact that he hadn't wrestled in a decade. Goldberg had impact but to say he was better in ring than Rock or Austin is jokes. He was more green while they were more polished for the most part. He really started to show his weaker elements towards the end of WCW and during his disappointing WWE run.

The only true total packages in WWE company history IMO were Superstar Billy Graham, Shawn Michaels, Ravishing Rick Rude, Scott Steiner [as half of The Steiner Bros.], Randy Savage, Rick Martel, Eddie Guerrero, ? Foley, Chris Jericho and Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig. Maybe CM Punk for a more recent example.

Those guys excelled above and beyond when they needed to whether it was on the mic, psychology during promos and matches, displaying charisma or putting on a clinic. They went above and beyond and were some of the most exceptionally talented people to ever do this ? .

Everyone else was good at one thing (charisma or mic work or in ring) and that's pretty much it.

Like RVD for example was charisma embodied but ? ass hell on the mic. Or Bret who was a machine in ring but couldn't cut a promo if his life depended on it. What about Razor Ramon who was a mic ? but was just ok in the ring?

It's rare that we see total packages in WWE/WCW/ECW
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said ? Foley had the "total package" lol dude was just a spot monkey in the ring, sluggish and unathletic af ... And Goldberg didn't pave the way for Brock..
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE has announced the first-ever Divas Beat The Clock Challenge will take place on WWE Raw Monday night in Tampa. The match will feature Paige, Charlotte and Becky Lynch, and their opponents have yet to be named.

The rules of the match stipulate that the Diva who wins her match in the shortest amount of time will earn a shot at WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella at the Night of Champions PPV.

Its a start, trying to get away from the pointless tag matches
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yup, Charlotte is winning the strap next
    as long as she feuds with Sasha I don't mind

anybody but the Bella's
    anybody...
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Razor Ramon was better than "ok" in the ring