Options
    It wasn't over the song title, it was over a line in the song

Aiyyo I'm tired of people judgin what's real Hip-Hop
    Half the time you be them ? who ? album flop
    YOU KNOW! Boat done sank and it ain't left the dock
    C'MON! Mad cause I'm hot; HE JUST - mad cause he not

KRS also had the song "hot" in that time zone which was a pretty big hit

no it wasnt

and krs aint start beef with nelly over them lines u posted, them lines u posted was a response to krs 1 in the first place

at least thats what i thought, i may stand corrected after what black rain posted

Yea this whole post is wrong

krs one hasnt had a hit in the 2000's fam. step into my world is the closest thing to one he's had in like 20 years.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And where is Nelly now? He was a fly by night rapper who landed already. It's over for him. He will be put in the Ja Rule tier where ? remember him for pop hits... FOH!

KRS bodied him lyrically, and bodied his career in the long run. Nelly has a ? reality tv show now, and doesn't have near the influence or stance of a KRS.

These fairweather fans always entertain this dumb ? , and the truth always reigns supreme. 50 was talking reckless against Nas, saying he's finished and now Nas is more "relevant" in music than 50.

That's the difference between a legend and a ? trying to get a lick. KRS is 50 years old repping Hip-Hop the right way, touring year 'round the world due to his musical brilliance, while these pop-tart ? moved on to the next hustle.

nelly had hits from 2000 to 2012, thats a long ass night to fly by.

Yeah, pop-tart singles for the ? , now he's off to reality tv. You get no points for that. What about his catalog? Has he even spit a hot verse before? Hot line? He doesn't register bruh. He's not in anyone's top 10 or even 20 for that matter.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Krs got the last jab when he pointed out that nelly pretty much gave nike a free super advertisement campaign wit aerr force ones, then nike turned around n didnt even consider him for their classic campaign wit nas n rakim
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And where is Nelly now? He was a fly by night rapper who landed already. It's over for him. He will be put in the Ja Rule tier where ? remember him for pop hits... FOH!

KRS bodied him lyrically, and bodied his career in the long run. Nelly has a ? reality tv show now, and doesn't have near the influence or stance of a KRS.

These fairweather fans always entertain this dumb ? , and the truth always reigns supreme. 50 was talking reckless against Nas, saying he's finished and now Nas is more "relevant" in music than 50.

That's the difference between a legend and a ? trying to get a lick. KRS is 50 years old repping Hip-Hop the right way, touring year 'round the world due to his musical brilliance, while these pop-tart ? moved on to the next hustle.

nelly had hits from 2000 to 2012, thats a long ass night to fly by.

Yeah, pop-tart singles for the ? , now he's off to reality tv. You get no points for that. What about his catalog? Has he even spit a hot verse before? Hot line? He doesn't register bruh. He's not in anyone's top 10 or even 20 for that matter.

i mean thats cool but no ones sayin nelly is a better rapper than krs one anyway so why are u typing this to me. i only disputed that he was fly by night. he's not a better lyricists than krs one that doesnt mean he wasnt a successful artist and it damn sure doesnt mean krs one ended his ass like he said he would "I GOT TRACKS FOR DAYS"
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what it did on the charts, I just remember everyone bumping it when it dropped and the video which is a classic

http://youtu.be/o8eyWuqRSMM
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nelly was, is and will always be a clown. he had nothing to lose by going at krs. in fact krs did him a favor by engaging in a so called "beef" with him in the first place.

krs on the other hand is a legend and one of the cornerstones on which this culture is built. to this day i still cant understand why he wasted his historical capitol that he built up since the 80s on a crossover pop star. he cheapened his legacy by doing that.

krs could have played the role of the elder statesman and hip hop ambassador like ll cool j has. instead he picked a fight with a worthless opponent in a battle he couldnt win. if he slaughters nelly ppl would have said he didnt accomplish anything b/c he was supposed to win. if he loses or even if the battle is somewhat close ppl would laugh and say he lost to a lightweight. not to mention krs was waging this generational battle while trying to get props from the 106 and park crowd who was more concerned with air force 1s than knowledge.

that was a no win situation and a legend of his stature should have known better. he came off like a bitter old ass hater. he wasted his time on nelly and ended up losing a lot of points as a result.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    lethal5 wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Seeing so called HipHop fans diss an emcee who was literally considered one of the best in the Golden Age is like seeing a so called blackman dis the true history of Africa.....u just dont realize how stupid yall sound.

Apparently some people dont realize the reason they called it the Golden Age....it means this generation has fallen off by comparison.

....but u guys go ahead, keep pretending your smart.

But but but but Nelly.....

Maybe im conceited, but i think anybody who actually believes Nelly won that battle is a newby or just an occasional hiphop fan.

I dont know how anybody could listen to krs1's diss to Nelly "Over Here", then think Nelly is the better MC...but thats just me

What made the KRS-One/Nelly battle so damn funny was it was right in the middle of the "KRS is the old bitter man" time where he was really living up to that rep. ? went at Nelly for nothing other than he made a song called #1 and felt it was disrespectful that Nelly made a song called #1 for the Training Day soundtrack. Even ? who hated Nelly were like "Wait, you dissing the ? over a song title?" That was part of KRS' jumping the shark moment in terms of becoming the bitter old rapper

Lmaoooo@ how true this ? is.

KRS is a legend to me but I couldn't respect the beef premise. That was real 50 Cent ? .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/O to KRS tho "Loves Gonna Get Ya" one of the Goat hip-hop songs ever made no question
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    He got washed by Nelly in a hip hop beef.

The Sad Part Is A Lot Of These Modern Day ? Baby Era ? Truly Believe This

Post a quotable from KRS from that beef

"I was made on the streets, you was made on MTV"

How prophetic.… and as soon as them teenyboppers grew up outta that ? "it's getting hot in hurrrrr" stage that goofy ass ? fell the ? off and has become a reality TV sideshow

#FACTSONLY

LMAO at any one of you dopefiend baby ass ? talking about "Nelly slaughtered KRS" … ? (nh) slap yourself on the same cheek you used to wear that silly ass band aid on Deerrrtty
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    take the music they made out of the question, success/accolades wise

yall would rather have krs one career or nelly's last 15 years?

no diss on either side im just curious.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

I'd rather be a legend than a fly by night rapper. And it ain't like KRS One is broke either.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't know what it did on the charts, I just remember everyone bumping it when it dropped and the video which is a classic

http://youtu.be/o8eyWuqRSMM

props

That Sneak Attack album was slept on.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had never heard of KRS-Done until Nelly made the ? cry
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited August 2015
    Options

I'd rather be a legend than a fly by night rapper. And it ain't like KRS One is broke either.

so u'd rather have krs 1 career?

whats the definition of fly by night?

does being relevant for 12 years musically and 15 period fall under that?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/O to KRS tho "Loves Gonna Get Ya" one of the Goat hip-hop songs ever made no question
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    He got washed by Nelly in a hip hop beef.

The Sad Part Is A Lot Of These Modern Day ? Baby Era ? Truly Believe This

Post a quotable from KRS from that beef

"I was made on the streets, you was made on MTV"

How prophetic.… and as soon as them teenyboppers grew up outta that ? "it's getting hot in hurrrrr" stage that goofy ass ? fell the ? off and has become a reality TV sideshow

#FACTSONLY

LMAO at any one of you dopefiend baby ass ? talking about "Nelly slaughtered KRS" … ? (nh) slap yourself on the same cheek you used to wear that silly ass band aid on Deerrrtty

KRS bodied PM Dawn

How street is that?

And that line you posted was garbage. Tim Dogg had better bars on "? Compton".
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Nelly had a 4 year run you may stretch it out to 6. He's not a legend, no one has him in their top 5/10, he has no classic albums.

KRS 1 is a legend, highly influential, classic albums and is a debatable goat depending on who you ask. So yes I'd rather have KRS career.

Define "relevant"?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    nelly was, is and will always be a clown. he had nothing to lose by going at krs. in fact krs did him a favor by engaging in a so called "beef" with him in the first place.

krs on the other hand is a legend and one of the cornerstones on which this culture is built. to this day i still cant understand why he wasted his historical capitol that he built up since the 80s on a crossover pop star. he cheapened his legacy by doing that.

krs could have played the role of the elder statesman and hip hop ambassador like ll cool j has. instead he picked a fight with a worthless opponent in a battle he couldnt win. if he slaughters nelly ppl would have said he didnt accomplish anything b/c he was supposed to win. if he loses or even if the battle is somewhat close ppl would laugh and say he lost to a lightweight. not to mention krs was waging this generational battle while trying to get props from the 106 and park crowd who was more concerned with air force 1s than knowledge.

that was a no win situation and a legend of his stature should have known better. he came off like a bitter old ass hater. he wasted his time on nelly and ended up losing a lot of points as a result.

You finally said something I agree with.

But you still gotta capitalize the first word in a sentence.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly is a fly by night rapper? Never knew

Nelly had a 4 year run you may stretch it out to 6. He's not a legend, no one has him in their top 5/10, he has no classic albums.

KRS 1 is a legend, highly influential, classic albums and is a debatable goat depending on who you ask. So yes I'd rather have KRS career.

Define "relevant"?

Everything you said in this post is subjective.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

KRS can go anywhere on Earth and do a show at a decent sized nightclub (300 people). And he doesn't even need a single to promote the tour. He can perform classic songs that he made over the past 30 years.

I don't think Nelly can go to any country on Earth and pack a decent sized nightclub (300 people). But I could be wrong.
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    musically, Ride Wit Me >>>>>> anything krs has put out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSDWq6HsJE

• 5th Letter
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    Nelly is a fly by night rapper? Never knew

Define "relevant"?

Everything you said in this post is subjective.

Like what? Was Nelly's run longer than 6 years the most? Like what? KRS One being influential? Like what? KRS One isn't considered top 5/goat status depending on who you ask? The only subjective thing I said is about the albums.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    dj pre-k wrote: »
    musically, Ride Wit Me >>>>>> anything krs has put out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSDWq6HsJE

Cant-tell-if-serious-.jpg.html

• 5th Letter
    Options
    dj pre-k wrote: »