The Official THE WEEKND "Beauty Behind The Madness" Album Discussion (8.28)

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Is it me or was Lana Del Ray trying to channel Janet Jacksons speaking voice on "Prisoner"?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea I only like 5 or 6 songs
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? dope *shrugs*

He went with a more uptempo sound but the lyrics and songwriting is what I expect from him

? convincing they self not to like it...the production not as dark but he did his thing

Dark Times is my ?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Digging the album after a couple listens.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? wit Prisoner and Dark times but I can feel what Spit_Fiya up there talking about with maybe some execs getting in his ear since Earned it.

I still like Wicked games the best out of his catalog because it sound a lil less micheal Jaskonish but this is still not bad for a first album
  • infamous114
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I ? wit Prisoner and Dark times but I can feel what Spit_Fiya up there talking about with maybe some execs getting in his ear since Earned it.

I still like Wicked games the best out of his catalog because it sound a lil less micheal Jaskonish but this is still not bad for a first album

Uh...this ain't his first album bruh.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

Ya that Prisoner joint is fire
  • DR. JEK
    Options

First official release that aint a mixtape type of thing
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Losers(even tho it aint the best message in the world) is ? fire in the car wit speakers
  • infamous114
    edited August 2015
    Options

Again, you're wrong. Kissland dropped in 2013.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    What I remember about Kissland was that the first 3-5 tracks were ? , then i didnt bother listening to the rest cuz it was so meh.
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked this but you ? are saying it's not his best work so which of his projects should I start with for the real ? ?
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited August 2015
    Options
    House of Balloons is my favorite "work" from HIM (almost said them). But that was essentially his first mixtape or you could get the Weeknds album
    "Trilogy" which is basically like taking Assassins Creed or Gears of War 1-3, and remastering it into one game..
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the album did grow on me but its not cohesive. I still can't get into earned it, the hills, or can't feel my face. prisoner is meh too. dark times is okay. I was really looking forward to those collabs but ended up disappointed. I'll rank this below HOB, EOS, and kissland

still an enjoyable project
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Is it ? to cry to this album? ? beautiful b.
    Ya kinda sorta
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it ? to cry to this album? ? beautiful b.

Bro the vibe I had going on when I first heard Dark Times almost broke me lol
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Man, as far as specific tracks go Acquainted has reach theme song level of play from me the last few days.

Overall I ? with the album it was rock solid, but it's definitely not to the standard he established with his past work. Of course to be fair the unrealistic expectations are due to the fact that the moment he entered the game he was dropping instant heat while showing ridiculous consistency.

You can tell he changed his vibe up and tried to appeal more to his newer fans (his growing female demographic and pop/alternative types who just discovered him & are hopping on the bandwagon) and truth be told they're a more lucrative group to reach. So unfortunately we're probably never going to hear something like his old instant classics. Unless of course he decides to do a concept album or mixtape down the road as gift to his day one listeners (the demographic that created and fueled his hype).

• God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kissland was dope though.

Wanderlust
    He killed Oddlook
    Kiss land
    The town
    Adaptation
    Love in the sky
    Professional
    Tears in the rain

I liked all those tracks
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I remember not ? with Kissland when I first heard, so much so that I never heard it again after 1 listen. Ima give it another listen in a day or so, now that Im in a different place in my life. I did ? with the single "kissland" tho.
  • DR. JEK
    Options

Again, you're wrong. Kissland dropped in 2013.

Good lookin man,

Thats slipped through the cracks, come to find out i heard a few of them joints but didn't know it was on kissland
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Damn

A ? been bumping Losers and Dark times all day.

Crazy how on Dark times Ed Sheeran and Weeknd sound like they describing the outcome of catchin a fad with each other in they verses
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alright, after 4 more listens.....I gotta say...there's not a bad track on this album...I just had to get out of that narrow scope I had initially. I was so use to his music sounding a certain way, I was thrown back when hearing an uptempo beat. Losers is definitely an underrated track...you hear the horns on that bit??!!!??...Ohhh my goodness.
  • DR. JEK
    edited September 2015
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    Alright, after 4 more listens.....I gotta say...there's not a bad track on this album...I just had to get out of that narrow scope I had initially. I was so use to his music sounding a certain way, I was thrown back when hearing an uptempo beat. Losers is definitely an underratted track...you hear the horns on that bit??!!!??...Ohhh my goodness.

thats my favorite part of that ?
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »
    Kissland was dope though.

Wanderlust
    He killed Oddlook
    Kiss land
    The town
    Adaptation
    Love in the sky