Options

Comments

• J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I'm telling y'all now. That's the official "Earth is in trouble, tickets to the highest builder" announcement.

In a way I agree with you, but I will go further by saying the extremely rich folks were aware a long time ago and this info is only being released to the common folk because the government and extremely rich folks will soon begin journeys to Mars.

Funny thing you said that cause ridley Scott said he knew water was on Mars 2 months ago cause Nasa told him, but Scott did not tell the public because Nasa wanted to make a big announcement to the public

I bet Ridley Scott actually knew 2 years ago.

It wouldn't surprise me if land has been purchased by the super rich folks already.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you believe the rich are trying to live on Mars, you're bugging.

Unless they live in some kind of giant dome, life on Mars isn't possible for humans.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Unless they live in some kind of giant dome, life on Mars isn't possible for humans.

How the hell do u know?
    Have u been in mars?

Prior to yesterday the "factual" claim was that there is no water on mars ....
    Today there's water...

Again how do u know?
  • VIBE
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Space colonys are not impossible.

And Terraforming but the will take some ingenuity.

Terraforming is pointless when Mars magnetic field is prett shot.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    have any of you seen the movie elsium??? i can see something like that potentially happening but with our current level of technology there won't be anyone living on mars anytime soon
  • VIBE
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

How the hell do u know?
    Have u been in mars?

Prior to yesterday the "factual" claim was that there is no water on mars ....
    Today there's water...

Again how do u know?

No, there was never facts that there was or wasn't water on Mars. It was suspected that Mars may have water within, but they didn't have the evidence to back it up.

They don't just see trickles of water and jump for joy, it takes years of observation to be sure.

• VIBE
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    have any of you seen the movie elsium??? i can see something like that potentially happening but with our current level of technology there won't be anyone living on mars anytime soon

Yeah, I could see that.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    We should really be looking for ways to extract resources from mars and not worry and finding life. It will most likely only be a few microbes anyway

You are white. "? if anything or anyone lives in there they got resources!"

I am not white and i am sure there is no intelligent life on mars. I REALLY wish my race would get with the ? program and stop being such ? wimps. You fools are actually worried that we might disturb life that won't be more developed than bacteria . The potential profits to mankind can be so grand and the possible wealth the mining of space will produce can be astronomical

You cool with being part of a species that is akin to a parasite?

Mankind is not a parasite we are the pinnacle of life on earth

AKIN- characteristics that are similar. Stop dodging the ? question, you do that ? all the time. Do we or do we not have similar characteristics that are similar to parasites? We eat, reproduce and destroy. Is that not the case?
  • zzombie
    Options
    We should really be looking for ways to extract resources from mars and not worry and finding life. It will most likely only be a few microbes anyway

I am not white and i am sure there is no intelligent life on mars. I REALLY wish my race would get with the ? program and stop being such ? wimps. You fools are actually worried that we might disturb life that won't be more developed than bacteria . The potential profits to mankind can be so grand and the possible wealth the mining of space will produce can be astronomical

AKIN- characteristics that are similar. Stop dodging the ? question, you do that ? all the time. Do we or do we not have similar characteristics that are similar to parasites? We eat, reproduce and destroy. Is that not the case?

No we are not parasites.

If simply eating ,reproducing and destroying are the only characteristics you go by then all animals are parasites to you. Parasites can only SURVIVE at the expense of other species humanity HOWEVER can survive with other species in ecological harmony if we wish too the parasite has no choice.
  • Ms. zzombie
    Ms. zzombie Members Posts: 3
    Options
    "With Mars likely to have been wet and fertile before Earth in the early solar system; with known bacteria that can survive extremes of temperature, pressure and radiation; with asteroid impacts that can cast into space rocks that contain bacterial stowaways, allowing life to move between planets, it may be that life on Earth was seeded by life from Mars, making all of us descendants of Martians" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

• rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea then we became smart enough to blow ourselves up now we on earth
  • zzombie
    Options
    "With Mars likely to have been wet and fertile before Earth in the early solar system; with known bacteria that can survive extremes of temperature, pressure and radiation; with asteroid impacts that can cast into space rocks that contain bacterial stowaways, allowing life to move between planets, it may be that life on Earth was seeded by life from Mars, making all of us descendants of Martians" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

what the bumbarassclatt ?????!!!!!! AYO girl get your own screen name AND YOU are using the same picture. Do you even know who he is???
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

No we are not parasites.

If simply eating ,reproducing and destroying are the only characteristics you go by then all animals are parasites to you. Parasites can only SURVIVE at the expense of other species humanity HOWEVER can survive with other species in ecological harmony if we wish too the parasite has no choice.

What do animals destroy? How has the advancement of the lion made the planet less than what it is? When has an elephant caused an oil spill and polluted the ocean with a substance that would have polluted the earth even if it hadn't leaked into the ocean by humans. You think too highly of humanity. Humans are the reason some animals will never be seen again.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No we are not parasites.

What do animals destroy? How has the advancement of the lion made the planet less than what it is? When has an elephant caused an oil spill and polluted the ocean with a substance that would have polluted the earth even if it hadn't leaked into the ocean by humans. You think too highly of humanity. Humans are the reason some animals will never be seen again.

While there is no denying that we have definitely exacerbated the issue atleast 10 fold, most animals have been brought to extinction long before we had the power to do so.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We ain't going there in significant numbers anytime soon with our current tech, but when it is possible it will likely be the lower classes or criminals. Or I have been watching too much gundam and ? . This is still cool though, especially if that was life's "original home".
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also believe that the european style of industrialization is what has given us this parasitic like mindset, in terms of degradation and disrespect for the environment.

there have been many philosophies and lifestyles, most markedly non-european, that wouldve never allowed such a thing if they had reached a level of supremacy that industrialized Britain had.
  • zzombie
    edited September 2015
    Options

No we are not parasites.

Animals ? and destroy other animals. I argue that really humans have gone pass being called animals in the true active sense OF the word. Animals simply exist that is all, they don't have the concept of "developing" all they do is survive. Animals only exist in there environment and some animals can control their micro environment . Humanity can create AND control our macro AND micro environment and the environments of other creatures.

A parasite is a slave to circumstance humanity is not much more or our destiny is in our hands not to mention the lives of just about all other life on this planet.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »

No we are not parasites.

While there is no denying that we have definitely exacerbated the issue atleast 10 fold, most animals have been brought to extinction long before we had the power to do so.

I totally agree. I think millions of species have gone extinct. But the fact that we played a part in any of them, even one, is a summation of what the human species is. Invasive, destructive, and ? dangerous. We are the only species known that has involuntarily through our actions, caused another species to no longer exist. And we aren't doing ? to change it.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

No we are not parasites.

Animals ? and destroy other animals. I argue that really humans have gone pass being called animals in the true active sense OF the word. Animals simply exist that is all, they don't have the concept of "developing" all they do is survive. Animals only exist in there environment and some animals can control their micro environment . Humanity can create AND control our macro AND micro environment and the environments of other creatures.

A parasite is a slave to circumstance humanity is not much more or our destiny is in our hands not to mention the lives of just about all other life on this planet.

You are a ? idiot. What concept of destruction does a whale have? A moose? The only species that has the ability and concept to destroy on a level that can even be measured is humans. people like you are the reason we will go extinct after ? up the planet.
  • zzombie
    Options

No we are not parasites.

You are a ? idiot. What concept of destruction does a whale have? A moose? The only species that has the ability and concept to destroy on a level that can even be measured is humans. people like you are the reason we will go extinct after ? up the planet.

They don't need to have the concept of destruction, like all animals they survive at the expense of other living things that is one of the things we do share in common with animals the difference being that we can think about it while animals just do it.
  • zzombie
    Options
    @not_osirus_jenkins

nihilism is childish if you hate humanity so much just ? yourself and please don't have anymore kids
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

No we are not parasites.

They don't need to have the concept of destruction, like all animals they survive at the expense of other living things that is one of the things we do share in common with animals the difference being that we can think about it while animals just do it.

in their survival they don't pollute the planet and harm their own and million of other species.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    @not_osirus_jenkins

nihilism is childish if you hate humanity so much just ? yourself and please don't have anymore kids

I will live and die in opulence. Continue to believe what you want...
  • zzombie
    Options

No we are not parasites.

in their survival they don't pollute the planet and harm their own and million of other species.

ANIMALS of the same species harm each other all the time and animals went extinct before humanity.

The planet is ours to pollute and all the animals on earth are ours to do whatever we wish, we have earned that power and responsibility.
  • zzombie
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @not_osirus_jenkins

I will live and die in opulence. Continue to believe what you want...

LOl do you even know what nihilism is it has nothing to really do with your material condition.