Stephon Marbury Calls Out Jordan: "You're Paying $200 for Jordans and They Make Them for $5"

Options

Comments

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    They actually have Performance and luxury as well ...
    but keep in mind, its footwear. Remember Louie Vuttons , Prada , Balenciaga ect sell a lifestyle and thats pretty much it.

Jordans are the only shoes that:

•have a rich heritage (greatest player of all time)
    •Greatest single collection of shoes of all time
    •They tend to perform well according to most performance test reports (imo I think they've been slacking a little on performance innovation but all in all the 29's with flight plate is an excellent shoe to play in.)

• 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    the shoes im rockin, check my profile pic

Air Ronalds
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just came here to see the Jordan Gifs
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack! Go at Jordan for investing in private prisons, not selling his shoe for whatever price point he feels is best. If the people will buy it at $200+, why not sell it for that much? It's called supply and demand.

And the argument about kids killing each other over Jordans is trash. If not Jordans, it would be something else. They're "killing each other" over valuable items, so to single out Jordans is ridiculous.

Let's talk about the mind state these people are in, who commit such silly crimes. Let's work on fixing the root cause, not some surface ? .
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    There are certain debates that make a lot of sense when you're say, 20

Then you hit 30 and its like....wait, that doesnt make ANY ? sense

Did that 30k car you got cost 30k to make?

You buy a 200k house and put 50k of sweat equity into it turn it into a gem...you sellin it for 250k? Lls

Big examples to small. Was just in Vegas dude sellin water for $1. He probably bought a pack of 20 for $5. Should he be sellin em for 25 cents bc 'thats what it cost to get/make'?

Cmon people. Smarten up. This is a child's argument

u really compare buying a house to sneakers?
    once u buy a sneaker n wear it, the value goes down.. a house is an investment and can be passed down..

a car is also an investment... in terms of what it means of getting from point a to b... if u wear a sneaker everday for a year , your gonna have to replace it... cause of how worn it will become.. some investment.
    ppl are buying 300 sneakers just for the name n logo.

Buying a car is NOT an investment llls So sad. Anyone with a brain would tell you a car depreciates in value the second you drive it off the lot

And Im a lil disappointed and quite frankly embarrassed that you couldn't digest that vey straight forward example: Nothing IN LIFE, in business, do you sell for the same cost you make it. Thats pretty ? straight forward.

The easiest way for you to digest that is examples of other clothes, handbags, jewelry, but it works for ANYTHING. The ? sellin ribs on the side of the road, those ribs didnt cost him $10 per plate to make. I mean how do you not understand that point, are you slow?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Oh, and the FUNNIEST angle to all this is them sneakerheads have gotten the last laugh, because Jordans DO appreciate with value now

If you were a forward thibker a few years back and kept your OG's locked up, those $150 XI's go for $600 now

If u a newbie to it, you buy a $200 pair of OG Jordans and at worst you can resell em for 300-400 in a year or so

That's SHORT term. What happens if Jordan decides to chill on dropping retros evry year. Hell what if they stop makin retros all together. You now have a $1,000 collectible

I have a degree in marketing. Its CRIMINAL, COMICAL, how people have this conversation without acknowledging DEMAND. Its supply AND DEMAND.

If you buy a $100 steak at Ruth Cris you dont say 'it didnt cost $100 to make that' smh
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Isn't he killin the shoe game in China?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack! Go at Jordan for investing in private prisons,

he does?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't buy jordans, so most I buy are shoes 65 and below.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? marbury hating ass I look fly in my jays ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    If jordans were cheaper ? wouldn't want them

yeah no jordan got some sexy ass sneakers no matter the price
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought ppl already knew this.

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    If jordans were cheaper ? wouldn't want them

We really dont know that. Chuck Taylors are probably the most iconic sneakers in the world and they still sell fairly well despite being $50.

I think there are a lot of factors that go into why people buy Jordans and its not just us who purchase them.

We can talk about price all day (I think they are expensive) but I have rarely seen an argument made against these European brands that overcharge for their products. No point in tearing Jordan down for this when there are other JB products that are sold at more reasonable prices.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all knew this
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Wack! Go at Jordan for investing in private prisons,

he does?
    NO...it's this dude and he is a governor in Oregon

Screenshot_2015-10-06-10-12-34.png

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rockin my Oreo 5s right nah

jordan-shrug-o.gif

• Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's right...
    To a degree.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got some leather vans for 65 dollars and I usually buy them.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    did he eat the vaseline during this rant too or nah?

but...? some J's. I buy nike stock. yall keep buying them and keep making me money *evil laugh*
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack! Go at Jordan for investing in private prisons, not selling his shoe for whatever price point he feels is best. If the people will buy it at $200+, why not sell it for that much? It's called supply and demand.

And the argument about kids killing each other over Jordans is trash. If not Jordans, it would be something else. They're "killing each other" over valuable items, so to single out Jordans is ridiculous.

Let's talk about the mind state these people are in, who commit such silly crimes. Let's work on fixing the root cause, not some surface ? .
    Sounds alot like "black lives matter? We SHOULD be talking about black on black crime". ? just change the subject as if what they about to say is so important

The #1 consumer of Air Jordan's shoes is BLACK PEOPLE. If you selling shoes to the black community & see them murdering each other over YOUR product, the least a ? could do is release a statement saying "we don't condone any senseless acts of violence over our product". That's it. But he won't because a) Jordan only sees $$$ and b) doesn't give 2 ? about his ppl anyway. So in other words "let them ? keep killing each other".