I Have a Scientific question...

Options
Rembrandt
Rembrandt Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
edited October 2015 in The Powder Room
Ladies, when you see an attractive man, do you automatically think he's smarter than an average-looking or ugly guy?

Let's get the obvious joke out of the way here; No, I'm not ugly. And no, I won't prove it.

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No I usually assume he's dumber.
  • Rembrandt
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That's interesting. I would agree from a male's perspective, I assume he's dumber too. If I'm looking at a female, it depends on me actually getting to know her.

it's tough to tell if a woman is smart or not from afar. You guys carry yourselves the same way.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What are we considering smart tho, if you know a lot of book ? I'm not saying that isn't awesome cuz having your own personal living encyclopedia is great, but critical thinking skills is where it's at. If you can't take info in, process it and output info in a coherent, functional manner I most likely want to beat you to death with a metal pole, unless they were born mental disabled or something that'd just be ? up.
  • Rembrandt
    Options
    I mean smart to mean what you're describing. Socially aware, common sense-having, capable of intelligent conversation, etc.

I do think that women consider attractive men to be inherently more confident than the average though, so that might count for something.