Who is the Best Player in the NBA?

Options

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    S2J wrote: »
    If Lebron was really that ? on D that y'all claim he is he would've shut down Steph in the finals.

But he didnt, you step up you gon get this work just like everybody else. Bron is smart he knows he can and can't guard. He don't try that ? with everybody. Splitter, Pau soft mfers. He aint banging with legit bigs. How many times you seen Lebron guard Blake?

Granted even he said defense doesn't work like that and it doesn't. rarely do teams say ok you guard him straight up. Players are way too good for that.

Wait...3 people cosigned the bolded !?!?!

For clarification are yall cosigning the bolded or the underlined???

If its the bolded, you KNOW what thats tells about you. You dont participate in basketball activities.

He's a great defender, not ? ?

If it wasnt for 1 man, Scottie Pippen, we wouldnt even ask a SF to ATTEMPT to guard a lightning quick PG. Let alone a ? with primary ball handling AND scoring duties AND 260lbs AND 30 plus, playing with an undetmanned team. Please. They play with fatigue ON in the real games.

But thats that dont hoop life. Lol Nigas dont know no better

Lmao stop it. I've played basketball my entire life I'll leave it at that.

I don't think he's ? I leave that to you ? .
    Nothing I said even hinted at the thought of him being ? . All I said was he can't guard legit guard 1-4 ? some of ? think he can guard centers.

Any time you have opposing views you pull ? out of the air to make yourself sound good. Lebron literally said the ? himself. I'll do my best to find an article/video so you can tell Lebron how much he doesn't know about basketball.

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Here's one

James also took umbrage with the idea they played him "one on one."

"Sometimes they didn't dig in the post," he said. "Sometimes they let me play one-on-one. Sometimes Bogut was over on the tilt and brought two defenders. They switched sometimes on pick-and-rolls. Sometimes they went under. So they were giving me everything. They're not just giving me one steady dosage of we're going to just let him play. No. That's what they want to get out to you guys, but that's not what's happening. Yeah, I see it all throughout the course of the game. They've given me different match-ups, just trying to keep me off balance."

Please tell me again how I don't know what I'm talking about. Like I said defense is really predicated on 1 on 1 especially in this new era. I never said it didnt happen so your point about 33 is moot.

You know what happens in single coverage? you get 81 dropped on your head. They didn't double and the whole squad got torched. Good O beats good D every time. Players are too good at that level.

Find some magical ? to pull out the air until then

smokey-be-gone.gif?w=350

• Mumo wa MauMau
    Mumo wa MauMau Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan

No need to justify
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lebron James
    Mumo byke! lol
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Tim Duncan

No need to justify

Stop, Tim Duncan wouldn't even say he's the best player right now. Your first post back and you already posting something outlandish
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    Curry isnt better than Westbrook
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Yes he is
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Yes he is

they 1a and 1b at this point

shooting, efficiency, ball handling - Chef

defense, facilitating, scoring - AlphaRuss

depends on preference
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    They both are my favorite players Westbrook kills you with the knock out punch.. Curry does it by outboxing you

The Hulk and Professor X
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Andre Drummond

• Bcotton5
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    Lmao @ people still thinking Lebrons out here defending in 2015

Lmao
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The Spurs beat that Detroit team that embarrassed Kobe

Nah sheed left robert horry open
  • Peace_79
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

Yes he is

they 1a and 1b at this point

shooting, efficiency, ball handling - Chef

defense, facilitating, scoring - AlphaRuss

depends on preference

I can get with that ... Although I'd give Curry the edge in "scoring" too.

You also have to consider that Russ has never won at a prolific rate while leading a team like Curry has.

There have been all kinds of players to put up monster stats but never win anything. Russ is top tier easily, but you can't put him above Curry yet.

He's got to prove it
  • aneed123
    Options
    Lebron James

Yes he is

No he is not. He is a better shooter that's it.
  • Peace_79
    Options

Yes he is

I won't go into it...

But did you really just sum of Steph Curry's offensive prowess with the phrase:

"He's a better shooter" ?

waitwhat.gif

KYS, b
  • aneed123
    Options
    Lebron James

Yes he is

I won't go into it...

waitwhat.gif

KYS, b

Westbrook attacks the rim better finishes thru contact better. Gets triple doubles can and wants to defend. He doesn't get put on the weakest player on the court cuz he getting big boyed and posted up. He doesn't need moving screens to get open all game. If u finna speak all hyperbole saying steph is the best player in the league Ima counter that he isn't the best point guard in the game
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes he is

I won't go into it...

waitwhat.gif

KYS, b

Westbrook attacks the rim better finishes thru contact better. Gets triple doubles can and wants to defend. He doesn't get put on the weakest player on the court cuz he getting big boyed and posted up. He doesn't need moving screens to get open all game. If u finna speak all hyperbole saying steph is the best player in the league Ima counter that he isn't the best point guard in the game

This is why this fat ? is a ?
  • aneed123
    Options
    Lebron James
    blu197 wrote: »

Yes he is

I won't go into it...

waitwhat.gif

KYS, b

This is why this fat ? is a ?

Hoe tendencies just like Kobe
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Bo Outlaw aint on dat list cuh?

i was gonna pick him
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron James
    If Westbrook and Curry switched teams who do y'all think would have the better success and before you answer take into account how steph benefits from having players that can run an offense allowing him to play off ball
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    If Westbrook and Curry switched teams who do y'all think would have the better success and before you answer take into account how steph benefits from having players that can run an offense allowing him to play off ball

Put Russ on GS instead of Curry and GS is not winning 67 games or the title, put Curry on the Thunder with no KD and they atleast make the playoffs with a chance at a upset, put him on the Thunder with KD and OKC has a title right now...
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Everybody i talk to about Steph Curry being the best player ive seen play this year (well not everybody but all these Lebron fanboys do)brings up " he cant be the best player because he dont play defense blah blah blah

Yet when I asked them in GS's 11 or 12 games they ve played this year show me somebody who has lit him up if his defense is so sorry (knowing ive already looked up the numbers)...all i get is nonsense and question avoidance. Real talk why cant steph be the best right now? Could his defense be underatted and ? are reaching? Some people before he choked in last years WCF put stock into James Harden being the best and James doesnt play a damn lick of Defense! Look...Nobody playing at a higher level than Steph right now and stats can support that.

And Steph dont have a losing record in the finals like Bron do. Why do his fans bring up the 5 or 6 straight finals appearances if the ? could only manage to win 2 of them and even those was another choke job from Harden and a Ray Allen 3 pointer away from being zip zero, 0-6 in finals or something so i wish these Bron apologist would come to grips withthe truth.
  • ericb4prez
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lebron James
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Everybody i talk to about Steph Curry being the best player ive seen play this year (well not everybody but all these Lebron fanboys do)brings up " he cant be the best player because he dont play defense blah blah blah

Yet when I asked them in GS's 11 or 12 games they ve played this year show me somebody who has lit him up if his defense is so sorry (knowing ive already looked up the numbers)...all i get is nonsense and question avoidance. Real talk why cant steph be the best right now? Could his defense be underatted and ? are reaching? Some people before he choked in last years WCF put stock into James Harden being the best and James doesnt play a damn lick of Defense! Look...Nobody playing at a higher level than Steph right now and stats can support that.

Lowry jus had 28 and jarret jack did too
  • aneed123
    Options
    Lebron James
    DR. JEK wrote: »

And Steph dont have a losing record in the finals like Bron do. Why do his fans bring up the 5 or 6 straight finals appearances if the ? could only manage to win 2 of them and even those was another choke job from Harden and a Ray Allen 3 pointer away from being zip zero, 0-6 in finals or something so i wish these Bron apologist would come to grips withthe truth.

On the flip side u got Kobe fans all proclaiming steph the best so if u gonna go that LeBron fan boy route look at the whole picture
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Lebron James
    Man Jek I jus looked at 4 random games and his matchup got his numbers in every single game