Kobe Announces He Will Retire at the End of This Season

Options

Comments

• SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Tim Thomas.. Damn Kwame brown!
    :confounded:

Gooaat! Lol ? Tim Thomas and raja bell became folk Heroes in Phoenix after that series. Tim Thomas have no ? about anything; winning, losing, missing shots, he was the perfect one to take that shot.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that 7-1 in WCF in an underrated stat...the West been a gauntlet since 1999
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    that 7-1 in WCF in an underrated stat...the West been a gauntlet since 1999

C/S. That 98 Lakers team wasn't ready.

He's 7-0 in the 00s. San Antonio, Portland, Phoenix, Sacramento, Minnesota, Denver. Teams that were stacked with good players. 
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    I hate to see Kobe hang em up.
    The era of KG,Kobe,Vince Carter,TMAC, A.I and Dirk are about to be over...

? is crazy

Left out Timmy!!!

I see him playing 3 more years

Spurs know how to treat veterans and build a consistent contender
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate him or love him you gotta respect the mamba.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great read.. I never read a fleshed out account like this.. still wish there was video

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2108226-kobe-bryants-predraft-workout-has-become-stuff-of-lakers-and-nba-legend?is_shared=true
    there is...there s always vids
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool now put him on a 20 minute restriction and build your future Lakers
  • Copper
    edited December 2015
    Options

LA should have been building for the future after Dallas swept them...keep Kobe, pau, fish and maybe Odom or artest and build young players around them that way you get younger, build and,stay competitive at the same time ala San Antonio
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options

LA should have been building for the future after Dallas swept them...keep Kobe, pau, fish and maybe odim or arrest and build young players around them that way you get younger, build and,stay competitive at the same time ala San Antonio

They'd been hittin jackpots on big free agent deals so they didn't think it'd be different when they brought Dwight in. It was unlikely they were gonna get quality building blocks for the future drafting 28-30th every time unless they were really lucky so I get it.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always hated him but respected him. Sad to see him go out cuz of the injuries. Great player
  • Copper
    Options
    20 years 5 rings

That's a 25% championship success rate... Pretty damn good
  • Copper
    Options

LA should have been building for the future after Dallas swept them...keep Kobe, pau, fish and maybe odim or arrest and build young players around them that way you get younger, build and,stay competitive at the same time ala San Antonio

They'd been hittin jackpots on big free agent deals so they didn't think it'd be different when they brought Dwight in. It was unlikely they were gonna get quality building blocks for the future drafting 28-30th every time unless they were really lucky so I get it.

True...but spurs do it through trades and free agency... They haven been in the lottery since 97
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options

True...but spurs do it through trades and free agency... They haven been in the lottery since 97

Spurs players been taking discounts for about that long too. Plus Phil retiring didn't help the Lakers any, meanwhile the Spurs have had a more stable system and know what players they want in it.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Bean gets respect. Not my favorite player, but he did hold down Lakerland, but he earned it.
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPzC-eAQ_Ck

look at the move this ? kobe made at :55

That left handed rebound then put back is my favorite kobe play of all time. He was murderous in the clutch during that series.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many times Kobe destroyed my young selfs hope (suns fan, lol).

I still remember tearing up after game 4 in the first round 05 playoffs when Kobe hit a lay up to send the game to overtime, and then hit the fadeaway two from the elbow as time expired to put the lakers up 3-1 in the series....

Suns came back and won the series but ? was heartbreaking that day!

? im a Suns fan.. and ? KOBE! lol
    Lakers was never our issue in the playoffs.. think we lost to them ? once..

it was them punk-ass Spurs i got a problem wit...
    started that hack a shaq ? .. broke my boy's JJ face knockin all the sense out of him to where he wanted to go to Atlanta to not be ? .. use to assault my ? Nash..

nah.. we use to give the Lakers that work..
    wasnt go say ? in here..

but u aint about to do my Suns like that. lol
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    I'll admit, i was not a Kobe fan but the last few years i began to respect and appreciate him more when i realized he was the only throwback type NBA player left. He's ultra competitive and wasn't like these new dudes all buddy buddy, teaming up and BS'ing.

I remember he yelled at Lebron (new breed type) telling him to shoot the damn ball when Lebron passed up a shot late (twice) in the all-star game.

Looking back, i wish i had watched him more than i did. He's an all-time great.

My ? kg still playing technically.
  • Copper
    Options

Spurs players been taking discounts for about that long too. Plus Phil retiring didn't help the Lakers any, meanwhile the Spurs have had a more stable system and know what players they want in it.

Plus the Lakers had a long string of hiring coaches that didn't fit their team or that didn't care for one of the leaders (D'antoni and Gasol).
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He will be missed

Man that guy was probably the best player anybody had ever seen at 35-35 years old in the NBA dince Jordan or Jerry West
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just two seasons ago he was on a MVP level

smh ? all injuries
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many times Kobe destroyed my young selfs hope (suns fan, lol).

I still remember tearing up after game 4 in the first round 05 playoffs when Kobe hit a lay up to send the game to overtime, and then hit the fadeaway two from the elbow as time expired to put the lakers up 3-1 in the series....

Suns came back and won the series but ? was heartbreaking that day!

? im a Suns fan.. and ? KOBE! lol
    Lakers was never our issue in the playoffs.. think we lost to them ? once..

it was them punk-ass Spurs i got a problem wit...
    started that hack a shaq ? .. broke my boy's JJ face knockin all the sense out of him to where he wanted to go to Atlanta to not be ? .. use to assault my ? Nash..

nah.. we use to give the Lakers that work..
    wasnt go say ? in here..

but u aint about to do my Suns like that. lol

Then ? ass ? ain't give the Lakers no work, FOH. Y'all barely scraped by one year, and beat a weak Lakers team in 07. ? the Suns an Nash's MVPs
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tix went up to at least 600 to get in the building for his last home game