Options
SolemnSauce
SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who u got?..This gone be good

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Norman has always given Julio hell. And yea....

Matt is having his worst season
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Came in to say this. He's so bad even the white fans down here are starting to bad mouth him.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Julio was limited in practice yesterday with a knee injury. That plus Norman has always had his # & Matt is flat out garbage in Shannahan's new system like all of the other QBs that played for his sorry ass. This cracka got one season with a winning record his entire career. How does he keep getting a job?

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Julio was unstoppable the first half of the year what the ? happened? I need him to get back by next week he carried me to a playoff spot now I need him to help me win it all
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Its crazy how good norman is at tracking the ball and going for it at the right time. I havent seen a CB wit that skill since Charles Woodson and Deion. Revis, Talib, and Sherman are good at being physical and sticking to a man. But norman has the agility and ball skills are crazy, added to the fact he isnt all that physical and doesnt get call often for P.I.

But then again, i havent seen a WR with the size, and ability to hit on all routes, the hands, and physical ablities of Julio since Larry Fitz in his prime. ? gone be a good one, almost wish we had the ability to angle the cameras to watch a match up on the All 22 coaches cam.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sold on Josh Norman yet. I will not be sold until he has done this for several years. He is having a career year. Whatever he has done to improve his play he needs to sell it.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Julio was unstoppable the first half of the year what the ? happened? I need him to get back by next week he carried me to a playoff spot now I need him to help me win it all

There was no game film on Shannahan's offense. Once the film built up, defenses knew to triple team Julio & Matt has trouble going through his 2nd & 3rd reads.

caddo man wrote: »
    Not sold on Josh Norman yet. I will not be sold until he has done this for several years. He is having a career year. Whatever he has done to improve his play he needs to sell it.

He's been playing like this for a few years already. He just went under the radar because of their record last year. He always shuts Julio down. I've been watching him for 2 years. That boy the truth.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There was no game film on Shannahan's offense. Once the film built up, defenses knew to triple team Julio & Matt has trouble going through his 2nd & 3rd reads.

caddo man wrote: »

He's been playing like this for a few years already. He just went under the radar because of their record last year. He always shuts Julio down. I've been watching him for 2 years. That boy the truth.

I see from his stats He is not a fluke. With CBs defensive scheme is huge. Talib, Revis, Woodson, Peterson, ...etc. are not scheme guys. R. Sherman is a scheme guy. If he goes to another team. He better pick one that runs a scheme that goes good with his attributes.

J. Norman is a man to man guy that has improved his play over time. Has he improved because of scheme or has he actually improved his ball skills.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems like Richard Sherman gets no respect nowadays, but he shut Antonio Brown down. Carolina plays a lot of zone, so some of Norman's success can be attributed to the scheme. More often than not he has safety help over the top, but he does travel more than Sherman has traditionally.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Sherman had to follow brown that game.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I think Sherman had to follow brown that game.

If I remember correctly, he was on Brown the entire time. My pops is a Steelers fan, and was convinced AB couldn't be stopped, but Sherman shut that talk up quick. I feel like Sherman would be an elite corner in any scheme.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherman locked up Brown and also AJ Green earlier in the year. Sherman gets overlooked for some weird reason. The seahawks issue was that ? Cary Williams!!!!
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Julio jones, but I doubt Norman will be one on one w him all game. If he does get em it'll be a nice match up to watch
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Time to start looking for a QB in the 2nd round to develop/put some pressure on Matt. He done got too comfortable with his job security. No excuse for his ? play with the skill players we got
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2015
    Options

Time to start looking for a QB in the 2nd round to develop/put some pressure on Matt. He done got too comfortable with his job security. No excuse for his ? play with the skill players we got

@Inglewood_B

I'm glad that you mentioned that. I've had this in mind since we lost to the Colts.

DESHAUN WATSON

Enters the draft the year Matt Ryan's contract is up. Matty Icepick got 2 years to redeem himself. That's when the new stadium opens up. Coach Quinn will have the defense above average by then. Fresh young QB from GA to fill the seats.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The more I watch Watson play the less I like him.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

been tellin ya fan base this since day one...when that lame greenwood was posting with long pauses in between sentences smh

Roddy, Tony G, and Julio masked alot of Matty's flaws
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The more I watch Watson play the less I like him.

See Saints' fans already don't like him.

DaBull wrote: »

been tellin ya fan base this since day one...when that lame greenwood was posting with long pauses in between sentences smh

Roddy, Tony G, and Julio masked alot of Matty's flaws

Let me go ahead and say how I really feel. Most of his game winning drives are FGs. I like Matt Ryan. I think he can be an average QB. He still played better than this when Tony retired and Roddy got hurt. I know he can do better than this right now and he will. This new system is ? him but it doesn't excuse the fuckery going on overall.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Julio was limited in practice yesterday with a knee injury. That plus Norman has always had his # & Matt is flat out garbage in Shannahan's new system like all of the other QBs that played for his sorry ass.This cracka got one season with a winning record his entire career. How does he keep getting a job?

His daddy's namesake/nepotism.

I've been tellin' folks that his play calling, but mostly the scheme is Ryan's downfall. His system isn't suited for Matt @ all! The running game masked it for a lil' bit, but the passing game has all but been figured out by opposing defense's. Kyle's system rely's WAY to much on the "X" receiver, the routes for the other wideouts are pedestrian for the most plays (which explains why Roddy thinks he's being phased out, but it's also a combo of his aging).

And like DaBull said, Matt needs talent around him b/c he has a chicken noodle soup arm AND he needs the right OC that plays to his strengths.