• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Y'all just can't admit the one y'all want to represent yalls culture isn't the one the majority of the public is feeling

The majority of what public? What you don't understand is WE determine who represents our culture, not corporate america and white teenage boys and girls.

People like Drake don't even register. Smarten up.

Lol ? u act like black folks ain't fckin with him?
    Is u serious folks in chi walked out Kendrick show
    Ain't nobody walkin out a Drake show
    U just mad Drake translates in all races
    While Kendrick is more for just blacks

Lol @ all races. Black people are the creators, therefore we determine who's representing the culture correctly. Like I said before, Drake doesn't register. There are an endless list of rappers that rank ahead of him as far as repping the culture goes.

Well I'm black and have no problem with Drake representing our culture lol at u actin like we all think alike or agree foh if u want Kendrick as ya rep koo I'll stick with Drake

Nah, I didn't mean to imply that at all. Black people's opinions hold more weight than the other races, but we all know there's a good number of black people who are simply lost ? , who get reprogrammed every time the media decides to push something new. Separating black from other races is just a necessary filter that needs to be applied, to set the record straight. WE created this ? , everyone else is a guest.

But.... the degrassi actor, who's half white jewish and doesn't write his rhymes? The guy who sings hooks and through his lyrics, submits to every piece of ? he's ever had? The Canadian mulatto? He's your number 1 guy to rep Hip-Hop?

When did you start listening to rap? If Drake wasn't at the top of the charts would he still be the number 1 guy to you?

If Kendrick wasn't on his black power lyrical ? would u still fck with him? Lol I been fckin with Drake from the start before he was number one.

No, if Kendrick wasn't on his black progressive ? , I would not mess with him. It just so happens that black progressive content is one of few essences of Hip-Hop, so he gets major props for his choice in substance.

If you've truly been messing with Drake since the beginning, then with all due respect, your taste is suspect, but it's respectable nonetheless. I would think the ghostwriting thing would destroy his original fan base, since it's proven that he had help with all of those so-called witty lines and so-called dope flows. I don't know how people can ride with a fraud, unless they're being blinded by his success on the charts.

So at bolded u basically admits u only fck with Kendrick for one reason lol that's shallow af.
    An don't do that Drake had help his whole career ? like he doesn't know how to rap that's a weak argument.
    Ain't nun suspect abt liking Drake either he makes good ridding music
    Shyd a rich guy who fcks bad ? , on the winning side and makes good money and music what's not to like?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Y'all just can't admit the one y'all want to represent yalls culture isn't the one the majority of the public is feeling

The majority of what public? What you don't understand is WE determine who represents our culture, not corporate america and white teenage boys and girls.

Lol @ all races. Black people are the creators, therefore we determine who's representing the culture correctly. Like I said before, Drake doesn't register. There are an endless list of rappers that rank ahead of him as far as repping the culture goes.

Well I'm black and have no problem with Drake representing our culture lol at u actin like we all think alike or agree foh if u want Kendrick as ya rep koo I'll stick with Drake

Nah, I didn't mean to imply that at all. Black people's opinions hold more weight than the other races, but we all know there's a good number of black people who are simply lost ? , who get reprogrammed every time the media decides to push something new. Separating black from other races is just a necessary filter that needs to be applied, to set the record straight. WE created this ? , everyone else is a guest.

But.... the degrassi actor, who's half white jewish and doesn't write his rhymes? The guy who sings hooks and through his lyrics, submits to every piece of ? he's ever had? The Canadian mulatto? He's your number 1 guy to rep Hip-Hop?

When did you start listening to rap? If Drake wasn't at the top of the charts would he still be the number 1 guy to you?

If Kendrick wasn't on his black power lyrical ? would u still fck with him? Lol I been fckin with Drake from the start before he was number one.

No, if Kendrick wasn't on his black progressive ? , I would not mess with him. It just so happens that black progressive content is one of few essences of Hip-Hop, so he gets major props for his choice in substance.

If you've truly been messing with Drake since the beginning, then with all due respect, your taste is suspect, but it's respectable nonetheless. I would think the ghostwriting thing would destroy his original fan base, since it's proven that he had help with all of those so-called witty lines and so-called dope flows. I don't know how people can ride with a fraud, unless they're being blinded by his success on the charts.

Shyd a rich guy who fcks bad ? , on the winning side and makes good money and music what's not to like?

Except you're sharing his "? " and under his employment you shouldn't be mentioning all that on here. LOL

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

? Drake*.

im sick of that ? and his ? .

and ? his fans too. they are idiots. if they'd stop taking his nut by the gutful, they'd see that hes a ? sucker ass culture vulture who uses reference tracks and ghostwriters.

thats who yall place your faith in? ? that.

• TayGettem
    Options
    Drake
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Except you're sharing his "? " and under his employment you shouldn't be mentioning all that on here. LOL

What u tlkin abt? I got my own ? and ion even know the dude it ain't that serious
    i ro ny wrote: »
    ? Drake*.

and ? his fans too. they are idiots. if they'd stop taking his nut by the gutful, they'd see that hes a ? sucker ass culture vulture who uses reference tracks and ghostwriters.

Did Drake fck yo girl or sum bru? An u act like folks can't B fans of Drake and Kendrick I listen to both so ion see the issue
  •  i ro ny
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    rip.dilla wrote: »

What u tlkin abt? I got my own ? and ion even know the dude it ain't that serious
    ? Drake*.

Did Drake fck yo girl or sum bru? An u act like folks can't B fans of Drake and Kendrick I listen to both so ion see the issue

nah, i didnt say that. you did. didnt say ANYTHING about liking both at the same time.

and get the ? outta here with that "did he ? your girl" ? . its ? corny.

i just told u why i said what i said. i'm sick of drake's* ? .

his music is meh at best and he doesnt even write it all for himself....yet he claims to be the GREATEST of his generation. he'll NEVER be a GOAT MC.

but champion for that ? if you want to.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    ? Drake*.

Yeah cause all kendrick fans are real hip hop heads oh wait

taylor-swift-4-600x450.jpg

• rip.dilla
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    ^ Lame comeback. Try again.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    Drake got exposed as a fraud.

And a black militant like Kendrick cosigned and ? shuffled for Taylor Swift
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    ? Drake*.

again, didnt say anything about "real hop hop heads". stop adding ? .

Drake* is a dickrider who rides waves and doesnt even write his ? .

point blank period. there are facts to support this.

if yall still under his spell, thats yall. i was a fan of his work but enough is enough. hes a sucker.
  • merocane
    merocane Members Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Musically, no contest: Kendrick. Don't really care about the other ? , and it does take Drake down some pegs with the reference tracks and ghostwriter stuff.

Especially when he used to spit about people stealing his flow. SMH.

I ? with some of Drake's stuff, though.
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Drake
    ? Drake*.

if yall still under his spell, thats yall. i was a fan of his work but enough is enough. hes a sucker.

U be ? more than Drake stop it fam u losing it
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    ? Drake*.

U be ? more than Drake stop it fam u losing it

here we go.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    Lol y'all ? take rap way too serious. It's entertainment. If you're not entertained don't listen. Simple.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is getting outta hand.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    Jay z was "adapting" drake a "waverider".

U ? can't change the outcome regardless.

#prayforkendrick
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    44Since88 wrote: »
    Lol y'all ? take rap way too serious.

Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    This was really painful, cuz I'm a Kendrick fan and don't ? with Drake's music usually. But Drake had the better year. Between Back to Back and Hotline Bling, he had two of the top 5 biggest records of the year (I'm not basing that on ? , so don't ask). Wen't plat with IFYRITL and gold with WTTBA. Took a ? on the ? with the #1 album in the country (Meek put out a great album, btw). Plus he earned the respect some ? who wasn't really ? with him before. Etc. Etc.

Kendrick put out a critically-acclaimed album and got nominated for a bunch of Grammys. For over a decade, hip hop in general has been saying that Grammys don't really mean ? because the Grammys don't respect hip hop and don't really know ? about hip hop, so to me you gotta take those grammy nods with a grain of salt.

Also, I feel like I'm the only one who HATED Kendrick's album. That ? was trash to me.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    ? Drake*.

Kendrick ain't ride taylor swifts wave?
    Kendrick didn't just become a rent an activist because protests were the in thing to do?

Again i am not a drake fan at all. I actually enjoyed Kendricks previous projects over drakes previous work. I am just calling it how i see it. Kendrick's latest album was un inspired half ass activist and really half ass trying. But because he used a few key words and said certain things backpackers wanted to hear they act like he made a classic. Drake for his audience made better music and was authentically himself plain and simp-le. He had a better year over Kendrick. Again Cole had a better year than kendrick as far as sales, consistency of fanbase, live performance, and tour attendance.
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    ? Drake*.

Kendrick ain't ride taylor swifts wave?
    Kendrick didn't just become a rent an activist because protests were the in thing to do?

Again i am not a drake fan at all. I actually enjoyed Kendricks previous projects over drakes previous work. I am just calling it how i see it. Kendrick's latest album was un inspired half ass activist and really half ass trying. But because he used a few key words and said certain things backpackers wanted to hear they act like he made a classic. Drake for his audience made better music and was authentically himself plain and simp-le. He had a better year over Kendrick. Again Cole had a better year than kendrick as far as sales, consistency of fanbase, live performance, and tour attendance.

Kendrick album was great not just for back packers so that closed minded statement proves you didnt actually listen to the music in its entirety. Its cool of you didnt like it. but don't try to say only back packers like the music. Im a fan of black music which means, jazz, rock n roll, funk, neo soul, boom bap etc. drake had bigger commercial success this year. Which is cool. Congrats to him but his music was subpar at best. Taylor swift requested kendrick for a song not the other way around. Kendrick been rapping about crooked cops black on black crime since section 80 uplifying black people for a while way before to tpab once again its proving your skimming through the music.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    So there's a problem that Taylor swift and Kendrick are cool lmfao y'all weirdos
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Lol at Kendrick riding Taylor wave like Taylor wasn't rapping backstreet freestyle few years ago. And lol at kdot being a rent a activist what type of ? y'all on
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    Ion agree with ? @Monizzle14 ever have to say but he is spot on about Kendrick Lamar
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So there's a problem that Taylor swift and Kendrick are cool lmfao y'all weirdos

I heard the Weeknd say she "asked him if she could touch his hair."

and thats just the tip of the iceberg

Yeh.... as ridiculous as it may sound, there IS a problem with Kendrick being cool with Taylor Swift.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake

I heard the Weeknd say she "asked him if she could touch his hair."

and thats just the tip of the iceberg

Yeh.... as ridiculous as it may sound, there IS a problem with Kendrick being cool with Taylor Swift.

True. Doing a song together is to much