Shane McMahon on the business: “It’s in my blood,”

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Off The Turn Buckle
idk if yall read this interview before i think some people think he left the business in bad blood with Vince steph and hhh

Rumors of Shane McMahon’s return to WWE spike every year around WrestleMania. But McMahon will not be involved with WrestleMania ? on April 6 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans; a recent report stated he would attend. A potential homecoming is still a possibility. “Would I ever come back? I would never count it out because anything can happen in the WWE,” he says parroting one of the company’s slogans.

McMahon is a little more subdued when asked if he would still like to run the company one day. “It’s in my blood,” he blurts before pausing to search for the proper response. “I would answer, if I feel it’s the right time and I could make a significant difference, I would consider it.”

His father is more pragmatic. “It was Shane’s decision to go out on his own,” he says, “and it will be Shane’s decision to come back, if he wished to.”

For now, he’s just a fan. Though he seemed blasé about the WWE Network when it was announced, McMahon subscribed when it launched in February. “I got that for my boys, it’s fantastic,” he says, noting that he introduced his sons to matches featuring his childhood heroes, “Superstar” Billy Graham and “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka. As he goes on, its clear McMahon is also enjoying the nostalgia trips. “When I get everybody to bed,” he says, “I know I’m going to be glued to that thing from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.”

its a good interview
http://www.buzzfeed.com/golianopoulos/how-pro-wrestlings-scion-is-fighting-to-make-it-on-his-own#.qym2KaEDlM

Comments

• lookdude
    Options
    As might be expected, Shane McMahon matter-of-factly denies rumors of a family feud with his sister, now the Chief Brand Officer, a lofty position described as no less than the “face of the company.” “No, there was no civil war,” he says. “My sister is still involved in the company now with her husband Triple H. They’re there. My dad is there. Things are moving forward.”

One thing he will admit: Vince McMahon is, to put it mildly, a difficult person to work for, a boss who demands perfection from everyone, especially from his son. “My dad held me to a different standard, without question, sometimes unfairly so and that’s OK,” Shane McMahon says. “It’s tough to bat 1.000 all the time. It’s that one wrong all the time. It teaches you. It definitely teaches you. It’s a way of teaching.”

“When you have family in business, you expect more out of family, same with my daughter, same with my son-in-law, same with my wife, you just expect more from them. I think there’s no doubt I was harder on Shane than a non-family member for sure,” Vince McMahon tells me. He stresses that their relationship hasn’t changed. “We’re close, we’ve always been close and we always will be. Anytime there’s family in business, there is some degree of difficulty but at the same time, you put the business part aside and when you have a relationship with a son and his father, those bonds you never break.”

Bauer, who wrote for the WWE from 2005-07, compares them to a father and son from popular culture. “If you look at Shane McMahon, I don’t think he had that ruthlessness in him that Vince does,” he says. “Have you seen the movie There Will Be Blood? There are so many qualities to that character that I see in Vince McMahon; Shane McMahon does not have those qualities.”
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is outdated B.
  • lookdude
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    ? is outdated B.

how they mention WM 30
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Shane authority faction vs steph and hhh would be dope
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it would be dope if they did that and had the roster split down the middle 50/50 as far as allegiance goes.

Have a swerve or two thrown in there and they could eat off that ? for months maybe even longer. I'd definitely use that as a way to get Ziggler back on top. Have Ziggler turn on the good side after the Authority promises to make him the new face of the company. That could be his real come up
  • lookdude
    Options
    I thought people were still under the impression that Shane would never come back
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    I thought people were still under the impression that Shane would never come back

? I was too (I never saw that article) even though its old it is a good drop. That clears up the air for anybody thinking otherwise.

• jimprophet
    jimprophet Members Posts: 36
    Options
    I hope shane comes back... wwe needs him
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Shane's corporation vs Stephanie's authority
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe Shane gets inducted this year
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shane-jumps-off-titantron-o.gif
    10905%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20referee%20shane_mcmahon%20trash_can%20wwe.gif
    tumblr_m2g8wps4G11qi3n2ho1_500.gif

Shane O Mac was good for the attitude era. WWE could use him right now.
  • JohnBlackwell
    JohnBlackwell Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Options
    Shane O Mac needs another run brothers.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? really jumped from a ? titantron
  • lookdude
    Options

At what lol ? 45
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »

At what lol ? 45

its crazy that hes that old and Steph is 39
  • lookdude
    edited February 2016
    Options
    i knew it
    i felt it n/h
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In one of the most shocking moments in wrestling history, Shane McMahon returned to WWE after six years away from the company to interrupt his sister Stephanie’s acceptance of the Vincent J. McMahon Legacy of Excellence Award, confront his father and demand control of Monday Night Raw. But to get it, he’ll have to defeat The Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell at WrestleMania 32.

As the storyline goes, Shane said that a few years ago, he cut a deal with his father that allowed him to take time off and build some businesses, but that he never “lost his place in line” to the family business. Shane also demanded control of Monday Night Raw, which his father agreed to . . . with a catch: Shane must compete in a match of Vince’s choosing and surrender a lock box of undisclosed family secrets should he lose to The Undertaker.

A similar storyline was originally proposed for WrestleMania 30, with Triple H vs. an opponent of Vince’s choosing, which could have been “Stone Cold” Steve Austin or The Rock, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio. The match would have been for power and control of WWE, but it was ultimately nixed because Vince couldn’t get either Austin or Rock to commit to wrestling. The major storyline heading into WrestleMania 30 ended up being The Authority vs. Daniel Bryan, with Bryan winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Shane’s return was reportedly agreed upon a few weeks ago and he does not hold a managerial position with WWE.

In a twist of fiction meeting reality, Shane legitimately felt he would be the fourth generation McMahon to run WWE, but Stephanie ultimately surpassed him due to have a better understanding of the product. This is something many people in WWE felt. Vince told Shane that Stephanie and Triple H would be running WWE, which ultimately lead to a real-life family rift and Shane resigning from his position as Executive VP of Global Media in 2009. There is said to be a “significant amount of life imitating art” in what Shane said during his Raw promo. There is also a belief that a real-life power struggle will occur if Shane decides to return to WWE in an executive capacity.

While Shane is popular among fans, in reality, they probably wouldn’t be as receptive to him if they knew about his creative ideas behind the scenes, Meltzer also noted. This is why Vince gave Stephanie and Triple H the keys to the company instead of him.

“Almost everybody that I know personally liked Shane over Stephanie but, when it came to ideas when it came to wrestling, when it came to wrestling angles, Stephanie and Paul (Triple H) are so far ahead of him that it’s not even funny,” Meltzer said.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-news-on-shane-mcmahons-return-to-wwe-why-he-left-the-company-in-2009#ixzz412LdMSoQ
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give it to him anyway!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    In one of the most shocking moments in wrestling history, Shane McMahon returned to WWE after six years away from the company to interrupt his sister Stephanie’s acceptance of the Vincent J. McMahon Legacy of Excellence Award, confront his father and demand control of Monday Night Raw. But to get it, he’ll have to defeat The Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell at WrestleMania 32.

As the storyline goes, Shane said that a few years ago, he cut a deal with his father that allowed him to take time off and build some businesses, but that he never “lost his place in line” to the family business. Shane also demanded control of Monday Night Raw, which his father agreed to . . . with a catch: Shane must compete in a match of Vince’s choosing and surrender a lock box of undisclosed family secrets should he lose to The Undertaker.

A similar storyline was originally proposed for WrestleMania 30, with Triple H vs. an opponent of Vince’s choosing, which could have been “Stone Cold” Steve Austin or The Rock, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio. The match would have been for power and control of WWE, but it was ultimately nixed because Vince couldn’t get either Austin or Rock to commit to wrestling. The major storyline heading into WrestleMania 30 ended up being The Authority vs. Daniel Bryan, with Bryan winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Shane’s return was reportedly agreed upon a few weeks ago and he does not hold a managerial position with WWE.

In a twist of fiction meeting reality, Shane legitimately felt he would be the fourth generation McMahon to run WWE, but Stephanie ultimately surpassed him due to have a better understanding of the product. This is something many people in WWE felt. Vince told Shane that Stephanie and Triple H would be running WWE, which ultimately lead to a real-life family rift and Shane resigning from his position as Executive VP of Global Media in 2009. There is said to be a “significant amount of life imitating art” in what Shane said during his Raw promo. There is also a belief that a real-life power struggle will occur if Shane decides to return to WWE in an executive capacity.

While Shane is popular among fans, in reality, they probably wouldn’t be as receptive to him if they knew about his creative ideas behind the scenes, Meltzer also noted. This is why Vince gave Stephanie and Triple H the keys to the company instead of him.

“Almost everybody that I know personally liked Shane over Stephanie but, when it came to ideas when it came to wrestling, when it came to wrestling angles, Stephanie and Paul (Triple H) are so far ahead of him that it’s not even funny,” Meltzer said.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-news-on-shane-mcmahons-return-to-wwe-why-he-left-the-company-in-2009#ixzz412LdMSoQ

i did not know this, and i find this hard to believe, i gotta see what these ideas were.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read that Shane was active in the creative department during the attitude era

I would've thought he'd surpass Stephanie's position
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephanie understanding the product?

Is that why their supposed top babyface is getting booed going into wm against her husband, the supposed top heel?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephanie understanding the product?

Is that why their supposed top babyface is getting booed going into wm against her husband, the supposed top heel?

Word heading about this backstage thing has ruined WM for me. I don't care how interesting this is right now, the problem with WWE is inconsistency.