Comments

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that taking the annual taxes is ?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats a lot of mafucking money. Id be paranoid as a mafucka soon as I win. Id wanna get a lawyer and build a trust but I wouldnt be able to trust the lawyer. Id probably just cash the ticket, put the money in an insured account and lay low for a little while, figuring ? out.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At some point, a corporation/wealthy person is just gonna buy every winning combination because they'd still come out ahead
    Only if they are the sole winner. If 2 or more people win they are going to lose big.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of my family on both sides will get there homes paid off in cash and renovations/repairs taken care of. Cars paid off in full or a new one cash. I'd pay off all their medical bills & debts to fix their credit. Then everybody get $1.5M & they're on there own after that. All of my younger cousins & nieces & nephews would have their college educations taken care of. That's pretty much it off top.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    At some point, a corporation/wealthy person is just gonna buy every winning combination because they'd still come out ahead

Wealthy people consider the lottery to be for suckers. A rich man wouldn't waste his money on lottery tickets

People wont invest in stocks but they will waste money on the lottery. Theres a reason why people are poor.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Only if they are the sole winner. If 2 or more people win they are going to lose big.

And it also isn't feasible to fill out that many tickets at a retailer in the time allotted. The amount of people necessary that will likely also expect a cut would make it nonsensical.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So at 1.3B the cash option is 806M. The highest lottery tax is at or about 35%. So that means if you take the cash option after the lottery tax it comes out to about 523M. That's not all though. Now you have to face Federal, State, and Local taxes. Percentages vary by state but out of 523M on average you'd be looking at a final lump sum of about 370M. Still not bad at all but when you look at this jackpot at 1.3B you need to expect to only be taking home maybe 1/3 of it.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer I'm just putting it in perspective on how this jackpot is the largest ever but the payout may not be as outrageous as it seems. 370M is still a ? ton of money but you should not be expecting more that 370M, I would expect after all the taxes you walk with any more that 350M.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People hate me already yall cant imagine what they would do to me if I get that doh but I can.

Therefore I would start out buying ammo and shooters..

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question: What happens if you win, don't claim it for a while to let the buzz die down, then someone else hits it later on?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question: What happens if you win, don't claim it for a while to let the buzz die down, then someone else hits it later on?

once you win the jackpot automatically goes down even if you don't claim it they always know when somebody wins they just don'y know who
  • (ob)Scene
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    So at 1.3B the cash option is 806M. The highest lottery tax is at or about 35%. So that means if you take the cash option after the lottery tax it comes out to about 523M. That's not all though. Now you have to face Federal, State, and Local taxes. Percentages vary by state but out of 523M on average you'd be looking at a final lump sum of about 370M. Still not bad at all but when you look at this jackpot at 1.3B you need to expect to only be taking home maybe 1/3 of it.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer I'm just putting it in perspective on how this jackpot is the largest ever but the payout may not be as outrageous as it seems. 370M is still a ? ton of money but you should not be expecting more that 370M, I would expect after all the taxes you walk with any more that 350M.

I don't know the exact percentages on all of this but going by the 35% you yourself provided, you may want to go back and check your math.

The cash option amount would be because of federal taxes, which would be $845 million, and then you go to state taxes (that's if there even is any lottery tax in your state).
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    With a billion I'll kick

2 million to my moms
    2 million to my sister
    1 million to my pops
    1 million to my cousin (more like my brother)
    1 million to my friend (more like my brother)

And 2 million split amongst my cousins. (Lot of them)

I love all my family and I'm real close with them.

I would spend 10 million on my family if I had 1 billion

When I didn't have much I could always count on any of my family being there for me because at 1 one I needed them and they were there. All of them.

2 mill to MOMS? Off a Billy goat? You wildin.
  • (ob)Scene
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    With a billion I'll kick

2 million to my moms
    2 million to my sister
    1 million to my pops
    1 million to my friend (more like my brother)

And 2 million split amongst my cousins. (Lot of them)

I love all my family and I'm real close with them.

I would spend 10 million on my family if I had 1 billion

When I didn't have much I could always count on any of my family being there for me because at 1 one I needed them and they were there. All of them.

2 mill to MOMS? Off a Billy goat? You wildin.

I was thinking the same. ? treating moms like a peon breaking her off with .15%

Not fifteen percent

Point One Five Percent.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    that 1.3 Billie becomes 57,200,000,000 Dominican pesos got damn!!!!!

Untitled-12-copy.gif
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You win this you'd be richer than any rapper you've ever heard....

You lose your probably still richer than bow wow
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I buying all the IC chicks, and slapping a Trademark/Copyright tag on them.

That way of any of you nig nogs wanna holla them via pm's, dm's, text, kik, google, etc...YOU GOTTA PAY!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I buying all the IC chicks, and slapping a Trademark/Copyright tag on them.

That way of any of you nig nogs wanna holla them via pm's, dm's, text, kik, google, etc...YOU GOTTA PAY!

@deadeye is gonna ? you
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    vitoria wrote: »
    The lotto is a scam, this once again proves it

That's why I never bothered with it. Like who runs the lottery ? They sound like the winners. Plus always figured the IRS/Uncle Sam got the biggest cut. In some places they take at least 30%, then there's a state tax too. If I owned my own lottery no one would ever win LOLOLOLOL.

@Sion so you still gonna be one of my financial advisors when I win right?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever wins better pray they in 1 of the 6 anonymous claim states. I think its like some Midwest ? i think its Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio and South Carolina

I thought about this..Id send my mama to collect in public in my place
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    If the lottery is this high what are they trying to distract us from.

Cosign, idk how our tiny brains are supposed to focus on anything else this week

U can talk ? but this the same country of poor whites that are about to vote for a rich racist to represent them. Or poor blacks that's about to vote a rich white women to represent them and the same country where people can stand in line for lottery tickets but not to vote in a local election so yeah i would say people are easily distracted.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Whoever wins better pray they in 1 of the 6 anonymous claim states. I think its like some Midwest ? i think its Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio and South Carolina

I thought about this..Id send my mama to collect in public in my place

dam thats ? up you gonna send ur own mama out to the wolves
  • King_Me
    King_Me Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Wealthy people consider the lottery to be for suckers. A rich man wouldn't waste his money on lottery tickets

At 1.3 billion, even if you buy the 292 million possible combinations, you'd still come out ahead

That would be dumb considering 10 other people could hit as well and they would all end up splitting the money. So I doubt a "smart" wealthy person would consider.

That's a potential "L" in the making.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My alias is gonna be Billy Poncho if I win