ATL HAWKS offer max money to joe johnson

Options
john2009
john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
wow...just heard it on PTI...
i guess they broke down under pressure....they offered him max money...now all JJ has to do is sign..........

Comments

• DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If its true I dont think he will do it, he said Woodson returning would help him stay, that didnt happen and he got other offers comin this week
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They Lost, why would u offer this guy that type of money? ... he's not changing anyones organization dude isnt' a franchise player...He'd be a excellent number 2 option for a star player, same thing will happen atl wont get past rounds 1 or 2 ..
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sign it joe. it will eliminate atlanta as a serious threat in the east
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    after what happened in last years playoffs i wouldnt give him max money
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They Lost, why would u offer this guy that type of money? ... ..

i know..dude went 5 for 24 and about 6 for 25 in his final 2 playoff games dis year....

dats whats gonna happen wit dis FA ? .....too many guys will get deals that they dont deserve b/c teams will feel they are running out of options....
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    Options
    http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/06/30/atlanta-hawks-all-in-with-max-offer-for-joe-johnson/

heres da deal: hawks can offer him 6 yrs 119 million
    other teams can offer 5 yrs 92 million
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    john2009 wrote: »
    http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/06/30/atlanta-hawks-all-in-with-max-offer-for-joe-johnson/

heres da deal: hawks can offer him 6 yrs 119 million
    other teams can offer 5 yrs 92 million

smh ......... img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=548646
  • DatGuyJ22
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They might as well give it to him cause the Hawks wont be any better without him, I dont see this being a L just cause he had a bad playoff series he still played well during the season, just need more help
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    DatGuyJ22 wrote: »
    They might as well give it to him cause the Hawks wont be any better without him, I dont see this being a L just cause he had a bad playoff series he still played well during the season, just need more help

Max Contracts Shouldnt be Thrown out Just because someone is a good regular season player, or a One Dimensional Player , My Definition of a Max player is someone who Can get you to the championship, someone u can build around for years...

Joe Johnson is not that type of player, he doesn't Dominate, he doesn't Play defense, he's a Glorfied Number 2 player.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hawks lose either way...
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    As a Laker fan...I'M LOVING THIS OFF-SEASON.

So long as Lebron stays his ass in Cleveland and doesnt end up anywhere near D. Wade we can get that 3-peat
  • DatGuyJ22
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Max Contracts Shouldnt be Thrown out Just because someone is a good regular season player, or a One Dimensional Player , My Definition of a Max player is someone who Can get you to the championship, someone u can build around for years...

Joe Johnson is not that type of player, he doesn't Dominate, he doesn't Play defense, he's a Glorfied Number 2 player.

Of course thats why I said they need help, but they aint trying to let him go which is why that offered him that big ass contract they think he's worth it, and if Rashard Lewis can get one so can Johnson

I still think he leavin though
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I just think this is an L because they'll be payin him close to 20 million when hes 34 and 35 years old
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wheres john2009 at

Oh wait here he is
    john2009 wrote:
    If they give him all of their money how will they pay the other guys?

Terrible move by ATL though, I know they need to keep him because no one else is goin there but really? They would be better off signing to 8-9 mil players with that. They could pick up a lesser named SG to give em the same if not better playoff production.
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    Options
    DatGuyJ22 wrote: »

I still think he leavin though

he might end up staying...dats a 27 million dollar differnce in waht da hawks can offer him...dont forget he will be 34 by dat time contract is up... i wont turn dis deal down if i were him..........
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? ass management. Thats almost Rashard Lewis max contract ? . Dude ain't even a leader.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    And they Still Dont have a True Inside Game.....Smh.....Al Horford is solid be his Height gets exposed against better teams, they need to focus on getting a better unit, they Still have ? Mike Bibby Starting and he looks so slow and Old out there............ this is why certain teams stay the same way , now you see why.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    after what happened in last years playoffs i wouldnt give him max money

this..................
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    could be a sign and trade if he refuses to play for them
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Give him close to the max offer. I do think the Hawks need some front court scoring too.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    As a Laker fan...I'M LOVING THIS OFF-SEASON.

So long as Lebron stays his ass in Cleveland and doesnt end up anywhere near D. Wade we can get that 3-peat

and a possible carmelo trade out the western confernce
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    could be a sign and trade if he refuses to play for them

SMH isnt the bet over
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    SMH isnt the bet over

todays the last day lol i might not ever bet again
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They Lost, why would u offer this guy that type of money? ... he's not changing anyones organization dude isnt' a franchise player...He'd be a excellent number 2 option for a star player, same thing will happen atl wont get past rounds 1 or 2 ..

We are talking about the same team & GM that fired Mike Woodson, when Mike Woodson improve Atlanta's record every year
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That'll be a good look if they offer him the max.Homie 29 he tryna get paid.Take him right off the market.This good news to me