Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's(jaime lannister) Opinion On The Gods Of Egypt Whitewashing Controversy

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
While Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is best known for his role as Jaime Lannister on Game of Thrones, he’ll be introducing himself to movie audiences as a possible new action hero in this weekend’s Gods of Egypt. While the movie looks to be a fantastical take on the ancient Egyptian gods, it’s received most of its press in recent months due to the controversy that has built around the fact that a movie that takes place in ancient Egypt is awfully white. However, the film's star doesn’t believe all the criticism is warranted. At least, not as far as he’s concerned.In a recent interview with the Red Bulletin, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau makes it clear that he’s not happy with the criticism that the movie has received regarding the racial makeup of the casting, saying that all of it gets on his nerves. He then points out that several of the characters, including himself, are not technically Egyptian.

"A lot of people are getting really worked up online about the fact that I’m a white actor. I’m not even playing an Egyptian; I’m an 8-foot-tall ? who turns into a falcon. A part of me just wants to freak out, but then I think, ‘There’s nothing you can do about it.’ You can’t win in that sort of discussion."
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Nikolaj-Coster-Waldau-Strong-Opinion-Gods-Egypt-Whitewashing-Controversy-114437.html

"I’m not even playing an Egyptian; I’m an 8-foot-tall ? who turns into a falcon."
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm mad this ? coming out during black history month. That ? can't be a coincidence, nope, I'm not buying it.

Comments