What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Former Hot Boy Member, Turk, Creates GoFundMe Page To Assist With $5 Million Debt

MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect BalancePosts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in The Reason
hot-boy-turk-debt-414x276.jpg

A former Hot Boy member is reaching out to fans for financial support. Rapper Turk recently created a GoFundMe page to assist with paying off his $5 million debt.

Per his Instagram account, Turk posted a lengthy message on why he’s requesting help, revealing that it has been hard for him to assimilate back into the work force since his near decade-long sentence for felony possession of a firearm, to illegal drug possession. He was convicted in 2004 and released in 2012.

“I find it harder and harder everyday trying to maintain,” he wrote, later stating, “There is no secret stash. This isn’t a conspiracy theory. This is what happens when a man faces his actions, does his time, and, returns home to live free. The debt to society has been paid. The restitution has been paid.”

12795464_1927719230805799_652720150590095489_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=c49046596b3fc8da5d689273b7ce75fb&oe=574CF363

On terms of unpaid royalties, Turk previously sued Cash Money Records for $1.3 million. He later dropped his suit and reached a settlement with the label out of court, but it’s still unclear how much he received at the end of the case.

http://www.vibe.com/2016/02/turk-gofund-me-five-million-dollar-debt/?utm_source=sc-fb&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=turk
420337_10151312942875197_1250633177_n.jpg

2012 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein
KINGECStomp Johnsonsapp08_2001macadonwooThe RecipemrrealoneThereal_basilverfoxxTsotsi Cape TownCeLLaR-DooR$ineedmoney$StoneColdMikeyTrill Gate$Bcotton5damnkpdallas' 4 evaBetaYoung StefCaintexasdaking88CashmoneyDuxanduingenocidecutter

Replies

• blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where baby
    mrrealoneTsotsi Cape Town
  • macadonwoomacadonwoo Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoulda crawled back to baby instead of trying to sue him.

Tell em why you mad son
    Tsotsi Cape Town
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,664 Regulator
    That's prolly his recording contract because he went to the bing. So he wasn't able to fulfil the albums he was supposed to give them (Cash Money).

Dayum Turk, maann the Birdman is evil sheesh...

It's going to be an interesting day when Drake and Nicki Minaj decide to leave Cash Money. Cuz you know Birdman is NOT going to give them up without a fight and if he do they'll be lucky to get their masters or monies owed to them for their prior recordings.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    Young Stef
  • mrrealonemrrealone Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is messed up. Now he finna see who his real friends are....

I remember that cop that got shot in that incident was actually trying to sue him (even though it was proven it came from friendly gun fire and Turk was doing time behind it), I don't know how that ever turned out in the courts or if that could be part of this 5mill he being sued for....
    8UVZvs.gif
  • RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    macadonwoo wrote: »
    Shoulda crawled back to baby instead of trying to sue him.

Tell em why you mad son

You mean baby shoulda paid him

I have no idea how Turk is five mil in debt though
    He was in jail for ten years and was the least popular of everyone on cash money in terms of sales from that hot boy era, so I'm not sure how he could spend so much bread....

In any event, this is a reflection on birdman and his business ways. If you a family and brand yourself as such, you should make sure your people are right. If i eat, my family eats. Period. Birdman called Turk, bg, and Wayne his sons. If he really means that, they should all be straight.

That is not the case though
    He flossing and they hurting
    Some family

We can blame birdman but its really how these niggas handle they money tbh.
    The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

Tsotsi Cape Town
  • FishNChipsFishNChips Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    That's prolly his recording contract because he went to the bing. So he wasn't able to fulfil the albums he was supposed to give them (Cash Money).

Dayum Turk, maann the Birdman is evil sheesh...

It's going to be an interesting day when Drake and Nicki Minaj decide to leave Cash Money. Cuz you know Birdman is NOT going to give them up without a fight and if he do they'll be lucky to get their masters or monies owed to them for their prior recordings.

Drake will have less trouble. He might have a bit of trouble getting paid royalties, etc. after he leaves though.

Nicki I think will have more trouble because she doesn't have:

1. The rapalot backing/cosign
    2. The Jewish connect
    3. Being signed directly to republic like drake
    uncommonsenseCashmoneyDux
  • Trilliam H. ImpalaTrilliam H. Impala West PhillyPosts: 91 ✭✭
    To actually paraphrase the actual ghetto financial philosopher Atari F50's actual fiscal insight: Turk ain't worth $5 mil with $5 mil in his pocket :bawling:

Nigga better hit the spoiled chitlin circuit & be grateful 4 every WIC wedding reception & section 8 baby shower he books :bawling:

Maybe he'll get lucky & some Chinese buffet will hire him to be for them what Celine Dion is for Vegas :bawling:
    MCHG > anything ur fav rapper ever dropped

Don't be mad, just deal with it.
    blackgod813J.ClintonCashmoneyDux
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect Balance Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

420337_10151312942875197_1250633177_n.jpg

2012 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
    2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -Albert Einstein
  • supergangstersupergangster Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    People donate him $430 so far

You can donate in the link or you can see how much ppl donate so far

https://www.gofundme.com/hotboyturkisinnoce
    Say what's up to the broke nigga at the rich party
    Who the fuck let this nigga in?
    Do I look like I give a fuck? Sorry
    700Cutler 26 INT's LOL!aladdin1978CashmoneyDux
  • Thereal_baThereal_ba Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He can't put out a mixtape and build a buzz and start touring?
    Tsotsi Cape TownMr 202J.Clinton
  • mc317mc317 Chief Of Goddamn Station Dark Side of The MoonPosts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to the coke
    Cold Sardines Cold Sardines fuck em and feed em Cold Sardines
    Tsotsi Cape TownCutler 26 INT's LOL!