Zoe Saldana’s ‘Nina’ Gets First Poster, More Online Backlash

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She doesnt have outwardly Negroid features Du! what better way to fight colorism than to get someone her damn color.. or end up her color..

Those chicks aint real Du.. she probably used more makeup and prosthetics to play the black woman lol

? leslie jones would have been better.. she can play the hell out of crazy..
    Leslie-Jones_612x380_0.jpg?itok=Yf59NNsO

Zoe aint even in the right weight class i bet she wore Whoopi wear the whole time

• BlevlandBoyBool
    BlevlandBoyBool Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭
    Options
    but she did marry a edomite

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    unlike yall,

i'm hoping this black woman does a great job portraying this black icon, and wins a oscar next black history month for a trifecta of black excellence.......

#givezoeachance

C'mon, bruh. There had to be some kind of voice that went off in her head when they started putting that make up and nose on. That ? had to feel off in the back of her mind.

I bet she was extra nice to all the black people she was around. That "I'm guilty" kind of nice. Clinging to her dignity by a thread.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look at y'all.....

Don't make no sense.... Black history month is definitely over..... SMH
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact they had to spray paint her blacker is all u need to know. Sad
  • Dupac
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

THEY HAD TO MAKE HER LOOK OLDER!!!!
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shes not even a great actress fam or a musician that even looks remotely similar and its about the lengths they had to go..Its not personal its just a bad casting choice.. This moving isnt going to make money so that excuse is bs.. Whoever was in charge of casting didnt look or try to look far thats pretty obvious..

CcpuB1yW4AEXV9x.jpg:large

Like Nina Simone was ....nvm
  • Dupac
    Options

When did skin tone = age. They put a fake nose on her come on b there too many dark wide nose ? in the world they coulda got instead of playing Mrs potatoe head with a light skinned Dominican

That sounds like hate, y'all really hate that sister...

Maybe she gotta do a formation video
  • Dupac
    Options
    Just let that woman be great,

I can't wait go see it
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nina was lookn like tyrone hill tho
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When did skin tone = age. They put a fake nose on her come on b there too many dark wide nose ? in the world they coulda got instead of playing Mrs potatoe head with a light skinned Dominican

That sounds like hate, y'all really hate that sister...

Maybe she gotta do a formation video

I don't hate her. I'd ? her that's as far as my concern goes.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Shes not even a great actress fam or a musician that even looks remotely similar and its about the lengths they had to go..Its not personal its just a bad casting choice.. This moving isnt going to make money so that excuse is bs.. Whoever was in charge of casting didnt look or try to look far thats pretty obvious..

CcpuB1yW4AEXV9x.jpg:large

It should be about how ? of a casting choice this is but since the movie been announced in 2012 majority of the arguments I've seen against Zoe playing the role start with "she's says she's not black"...its personal towards her for a lot of people
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh @DWO you trolling hard. Just say you dig Saldana as an actress or whatever but this casting was absolutely ? and insulting (Spike Lee's Bamboozled comes to mind)

And you make a point of the period the film captures of Simone's life (last 8 years).. perfect person to have played her in old age would have been Viola Davis
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree that they could've maybe found somebody else, BUT people love just throwing names out there. I would like to know who actually auditioned before just saying that so and so could've done it. I saw somebody say Lauryn Hill could've played her. Cmon now... The way ? been talking ? about Lauryn man.. If she would've gotten in there and stunk it up niggss would've been upset. You can't just pick a person because they look like somebody. Idris Elba did not look like Mandela. Will Smith didn't look like Ali. Jamie Foxx didn't look like Ray.
  • Dupac
    edited March 2016
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Bruh @DWO you trolling hard. Just say you dig Saldana as an actress or whatever but this casting was absolutely ? and insulting (Spike Lee's Bamboozled comes to mind)

And you make a point of the period the film captures of Simone's life (last 8 years).. perfect person to have played her in old age would have been Viola Davis

suicide squad...how tog et away with murder... she busy as ?
    #givezoeachance
    #letzoebegreat
    #shecanplaybluepeoplegreenpeoplewhynotbrownpeople
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

#givezoeachance
    #letzoebegreat

Yep and Tom Hardy was in 6 to 7 films in 2015 alone. Nice try guy
  • Dupac
    Options

#givezoeachance
    #letzoebegreat

Yep and Tom Hardy was in 6 to 7 films in 2015 alone. Nice try guy
    blame sexism.....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't got no..
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fake carin about some ? ?

Yall wasn't hoopin and hollin when will smith wore make-up to darken his skin in concussion

FOH
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »

Yall wasn't hoopin and hollin when will smith wore make-up to darken his skin in concussion

FOH

Will's character didn't make a career off his skin tone.

And people did say he was miscast for that accent and coulda got somebody african. Next.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FOH

Nina Simones next of kin Nosigns Zoe, so who are we not to?
  • Dupac
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

Nina Simones next of kin Nosigns Zoe, so who are we not to?

your own person... wtf..think for yourself bruh....
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FOH

Will's character didn't make a career off his skin tone.

And people did say he was miscast for that accent and coulda got somebody african. Next.

Marvelous well aren't you just the cats meow gabi.

giphy.gif