The FOX trailer for Lucifer is out

Options
SneakDZA
SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
And I wish I never watched it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bF_quwNtw

They should just call it what it is.. Jerry Bruckheimer presents... CSI: Lucifer

How you gonna take the Lucifer comic and somehow turn that it into a lighthearted buddy buddy cop show?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aw thats too bad.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to my Satanists and Luciferians.

? we made it

U've been made it
    "? of this world"
    "The prince of the power of the air"
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Lucifer, pass.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religious tolerance is dead on the IC
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I give credit to DC for getting adaptations of Vertigo properties out there and not just the mainstream ? but that trailer is a disgrace to Mike Carey's genius. This reminds me that I still need to cop book 5 of the comic book series.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this makes Gotham look like a masterpiece
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But you know something? If they changed the name, made the main character a tv executive, threw in a black Jesus, and added a talking bunny (which seems like something Fox would love) this would be a dope ass Chronicles of Wormwood show .
  • soul rattler
    Options
    This show is GOAT

I'm a fan of Lucifer
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Lucifer > Supergirl
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goes to navi x watches old Titus reruns
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good azzz show.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing I don't like about this show is luci is too happy sometimes but the plot is picking up now.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lucifer is pretty much a child wit daddy acceptance issues. Feels like ? favors his other children more than him. I'm guessing that's image they're painting.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The essence of the character in the comics is completely missing in this show. He's supposed to be a guy that you simply do not ? with and who always has complex plans and schemes in motion that nobody knows about until they come together.

This Lucifer is basically a whiny-voiced clown who comes off as a bit of a ? (like why has it not occurred to him that the chick who his "powers" don't work on happens to be the same chick that could hurt him with a gun?).
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I think the buddy cop thing is supposed to be a gateway into rather paranormal. They seem to be taking their time with it. The teasers have been minimal at best but I see the potential in what they're doing.

Lucifer leaves Hell, plays around on Earth long enough to become mortal, meanwhile angels and demons all want him to go back to Hell but his daddy issues, and possible love interest, prevent him from doing so.

They need to spend some more money on the special effects though cause the glowing red eyes and split second demon faces are boring as ? . The chick playing Maze is sexy as hell too.
    Lucifer-Maze-1.jpg

tumblr_o2zgqy0hFn1qbmp7lo3_500.gif
    giphy.gif
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    I think the buddy cop thing is supposed to be a gateway into rather paranormal. They seem to be taking their time with it. The teasers have been minimal at best but I see the potential in what they're doing.

Lucifer leaves Hell, plays around on Earth long enough to become mortal, meanwhile angels and demons all want him to go back to Hell but his daddy issues, and possible love interest, prevent him from doing so.

They need to spend some more money on the special effects though cause the glowing red eyes and split second demon faces are boring as ? . The chick playing Maze is sexy as hell too.
    Lucifer-Maze-1.jpg

tumblr_o2zgqy0hFn1qbmp7lo3_500.gif
    giphy.gif

That damn 4sum would've gone down.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    The essence of the character in the comics is completely missing in this show. He's supposed to be a guy that you simply do not ? with and who always has complex plans and schemes in motion that nobody knows about until they come together.

This Lucifer is basically a whiny-voiced clown who comes off as a bit of a ? (like why has it not occurred to him that the chick who his "powers" don't work on happens to be the same chick that could hurt him with a gun?).

I never read the comic, but I've heard about it and yeah, this Lucifer sounds completely different. That said, he's definitely not a ? . It only looks that way because most of the characters that he encounters don't take him seriously and he's ok with that because his goals are to explore the world as something different than who and what he was. The couple times he's gotten serious, it's been clear, he's not someone to ? with.

Also, I don't think its intuitive to believe that just because he can't charm the cop chick, that she'd be able to hurt him too. Those two abilities aren't necessarily linked. And he does recognize that something about her is behind the loss of his powers. That's why he's so drawn to her. He wants to know why his powers don't work around her and he wants to explore the mortality he gains when he's around her.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I figured he was becoming Mortal as a result of how long he was living in his human form. Not necessarily because of the chick.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I figured he was becoming Mortal as a result of how long he was living in his human form. Not necessarily because of the chick.

Nah I don't think so. He had been on Earth quite a while before encountering her and didn't grow mortal. He didn't start showing those traits until prolonged exposure to her.
  • soul rattler
    Options

Nah I don't think so. He had been on Earth quite a while before encountering her and didn't grow mortal. He didn't start showing those traits until prolonged exposure to her.

True. She's probably possessed by an angel or carrying some kind of religious artifact on her person.

I just wish they focus more on that and less on the stupid crime of the week ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

True. She's probably possessed by an angel or carrying some kind of religious artifact on her person.

I just wish they focus more on that and less on the stupid crime of the week ? .

Agreed, looking at next week though, they might start that transition away from that stuff.

Maybe this show will be like Supernatural. That show started of with two brothers chasing mythical beasts, fairy tale creatures, and monsters and now it's two brothers trying to defeat ? 's sister while sometimes chasing mythical beasts, fairy tale creatures, and monsters.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

Is Michael even on this show? I have yet to watch it. I know adaptations are gonna take liberties but as a fan of the original comic who's usually open minded with adaptations this is too much even for me. I really worry about Preacher now.