Wearing bonnets in public is trash

Options

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I feel y'all on let ppl wear what they want to.

But my women don't walk out the house like that to do nothing.

It's a standard that we set with each other.

I get all that........but it shouldn't be a formal rule written somewhere

especially in a casual ass place like a rental office.............if a tenant wants to just drop off a check I don't think they should be expected to put on formal clothes to do something so minor
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    It's called a bonnet? I thought those were shower caps

A shower cap is water proof.

The texture is totally different.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Would you ? walk around in a bike helmet all day with no bike? You wouldn't find someone else thats doing that weird? Would you want that person inside your place of business looking an ass??

Sometimes wack is just wack.

This example doesn't fly. The bonnet was designed for a certain purpose and is serving that purpose.

But even if we ignore that go along with your line of reasoning...people walk around with baseball hats all day and and don't play baseball.

What's the difference?

That's corny. Its been internationally acceptable for people to wear baseball hats for decades. And most people wouldn't dare wear that ? to the office or a proffesional work setting. They wouldnt have to be asked either. They know better. ? rock fitted in church? No cause they know better.
    Theres time and place for everything. Keep that bonnet ? in the crib tho.

You just compared a professional work setting and church to...a rental office.

Try again.

No I didnt. I was comparing the general awareness people have since YOU brought up baseball hats like a cornball. The thread is about wearing bonnets outside the house period. The rental office ? just sparked the discussion.
    Don't try to play me ? .
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet that over 80% of women that wear that in public ain't ?

Hilarious
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    I don't understand why women do this but every woman I know that goes out of the house like this ain't worth a damn lol

2plmt3l5zl0e.png
    tarj97jgd4yu.png

how y'all even know they talking about "bonnets" anyway with that vague ass sign? They could be banning that specific bonnet wearing (most likely ratchet) woman
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

There's satin ones you sleep in
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was in Rite-Aide today with my dad. There was a woman wearing a black bonnet (and pjs). My dad had this look of disgust on his face and says, "that's what women wear when they don't want men to look at them". I fell out laughing. My poor daddy didn't understand what was so funny.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

There's satin ones you sleep in

so it's basically the female version of a durag

Well the female version of a durag would be a scarf....but bonnets are good if you got rollers in cuz the extra cushion makes it so you're not sleeping directly on them.

It's levels to this ?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would you ? walk around in a bike helmet all day with no bike? You wouldn't find someone else thats doing that weird? Would you want that person inside your place of business looking an ass??

This example doesn't fly. The bonnet was designed for a certain purpose and is serving that purpose.

But even if we ignore that go along with your line of reasoning...people walk around with baseball hats all day and and don't play baseball.

What's the difference?

That's corny. Its been internationally acceptable for people to wear baseball hats for decades. And most people wouldn't dare wear that ? to the office or a proffesional work setting. They wouldnt have to be asked either. They know better. ? rock fitted in church? No cause they know better.

Try again.

No I didnt. I was comparing the general awareness people have since YOU brought up baseball hats like a cornball. The thread is about wearing bonnets outside the house period. The rental office ? just sparked the discussion.
    Don't try to play me ? .

1. Simmer down.

2. Why would I try to pla you when you already played ya self?

3. Simmer down.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My grandma used to say if your ass got enough strength to leave the house you got enough strength to put some damn clothes on.

She couldn't stand seeing people wearing pajamas in public.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's the difference?

Try again.

Don't try to play me ? .

1. Simmer down.

2. Why would I try to pla you when you already played ya self?

3. Simmer down.

giphy.gif
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    I don't understand why women do this but every woman I know that goes out of the house like this ain't worth a damn lol

2plmt3l5zl0e.png
    tarj97jgd4yu.png

? racist actually

Racist as the ?
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I've always thought that such "attire" like that, like yoga pants and leggings or pajamas, are just people who are lazy or just don't care when it comes to fashion or just wear whatever everyone else seems to wear.

Like how white college students seem to wear shorts in obviously very cold weather. These people simple choose "comfort" over style. I say meh. Do you.

Or maybe they just went to the ? office for a minute to pay they rent
    Options
    I guess yall dont know that the ? hair is all the way ? up under those bonnets

? got some allen iverson braids under that ?

I think they would rather look ratchet in the bonnet then let you see the ? thats goin on underneath
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just had a patient come through here with a plastic curl bag on her head smh
  • psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, I can tell so much about a broad that accepts looking like that... It's like her stats pull up on the side of the screen. Unshaven ? , bad attitude, smells like ? weave, etc....
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, I can tell so much about a broad that accepts looking like that... It's like her stats pull up on the side of the screen. Unshaven ? , bad attitude, smells like ? weave, etc....

I'm cool with that, but the rest you got a point
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm cool with that, but the rest you got a point

Add hair under arms and hairy legs Smh
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black women just started shaving 30 years ago
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Going in on the female durags but be thirsty over some ? 3 day old leggings
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel the same way about ? wearing those durags out in public ? is tacky and signifies "hood tendencies" to a degree as well.

With that being said and this will sound contradictory, but I feel like people should be allowed to wear whatever they please as long as they are not in a professional environment such as their job.

Today it's bonnets tomorrow it will be baseball caps, shirts of a certain color, etc folks will slowly take away everything they don't agree with.