What needs to be retconned?

Options
Paprika
Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Quite Comical
As the new chief editor of DC, Marvel, Image, or Dark Horse, you get to remove some history from characters, teams, or arcs. What do you pick?

As an X-Men lover, not in their current iteration I would retcon everything from Schism and after. As bad as current stuff is, this is the last time where the X-Men and Marvel universe made sense. AVX and Secret Wars, are abominations.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only been following comics off and on since 2011. Ive read about the bigger arcs but havent actually read too many of them besides Flashpoint and a couple Batman stories.

Only things i would remove that i have read is AvX. Was my first "big event" that i followed and bought hella tie in issues. The first 2 issues of the event were cool, but it progressively got wacker and wacker. If that whole arc never happened I would be happy. Only positive thing that came out of that was Namor ? off black panther then eventually getting murked because i am not a namor fan.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, the New 52 reset DC's continuity but if I were to retcon any stories prior to that I would never have Hal Jordan turn heel and ? all those people as Parallax.

Over in Marvel I would have never killed off Ben Reilly. I actually thought he was the lone bright spot of the Clone Saga.

At Image I wouldn't have killed off the black guy who was ShadowHawk and I wouldn't have Al Simmons be replaced by that white Spawn for all them issues.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they need to reverse everthing they did get rid of that whack shape shifting ms marvel and make iceman straight again. just do something realistic like have peter parker retire and let mile morales replace him. stop trying to be so controversial. killing submariner was too far.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iceman's ? ? Namor is dead? Did Black Panther ? him?

The Parallax story reminds me of his time spent as The Spectre in the 90's. Once Green Lantern stories hit a snag they change it up, giving a main character a new form.

I agree with Peter retiring, why bring Morales into 616 if Parker still has multiple books.

• Splackavelli
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »

The Parallax story reminds me of his time spent as The Spectre in the 90's. Once Green Lantern stories hit a snag they change it up, giving a main character a new form.

I agree with Peter retiring, why bring Morales into 616 if Parker still has multiple books.

Nah Hyperion killed him I think. Or was it sentry?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was hyperion
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Nah Hyperion killed him I think. Or was it sentry?

I think they are trying hard not to be like dc can't have two kings of atlantis in the comics world just like they killed quicksilver in age of ultron cant have two speedsters on film.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's early, but it looks like Miles will be taking on the role that Peter used to play in NY, while Peter has moved on to a global scale. One of Peter's books features more teen Spidey adventures. Teen Bobby is ? .

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    Wtf happen to Rulk?! He was cool. Is banner back to being hulk? I know at the beginning of this new season it was some asain dude from the hulk stories.

Scarlet Spiderman was ? Ill. I bought his solo series back in 2012 or 2013, was a really good book. Only spider book im following now is the new Miles Morales spiderman that just dropped. Where everyone in his universe is getting murked in issue 1.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Damn that wack af!! I liked rulk and a bomb a lot. They gotta bring then back. Do you know what's going on with banner currently? Heard the Asian dude from hulk comics is the current hulk now and not banner.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    They need to bring back Red Hulk the only Hulk that was intriguing and not some whiny Dr Banner feeling sad.

Bring back Scarlet Spiderman aka Kaine. Only Spiderman boom that I cared for.

Get rid of the female Thor, that is easily there dumbest move in Marvel

Change the Xmen storylines the whole Xmen are evil to humans is played out. Especially when you have aliens and whatever else trying to destroy the world every day.

Alpha Flight could use a retconn I always liked those books

Ending that Scarlet Spider run hurt me like ? . That and Venom were the only two comics i was reading around that time. They put him in the wack ass New Warriors book but that didn't help. Did you read the Spider-Verse event?
    turns out Kaine is still alive
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    They need to bring back Red Hulk the only Hulk that was intriguing and not some whiny Dr Banner feeling sad.

Bring back Scarlet Spiderman aka Kaine. Only Spiderman boom that I cared for.

Get rid of the female Thor, that is easily there dumbest move in Marvel

Change the Xmen storylines the whole Xmen are evil to humans is played out. Especially when you have aliens and whatever else trying to destroy the world every day.

Alpha Flight could use a retconn I always liked those books

That ? made me mad at Thor, like he had something to do with it.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ready for another crossover. They need to focus on bringing some of the more obscure topics to the forefront. Tell us exactly who TOAA is, clear up some of the rumors about The Celestials. Where does Galactus actually rank in the pantheon. Clarify power levels. Who is the fourth face of LT. Come on.

Did Odin create humanity. Stop using high tier characters as punching bags and using that rageddy ass holding back excuse.

Retcon all the limitations to Thors speed.

Make power ups more clear.

Just writing continuity
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    If in batman #50 they reveal joker's true identity, it already needs to be retconned. I will ? Scott Snyder.