The Saga of the Legend Known as Dretox/Shadyteam/Wonderland/HazeNAlize/Bigavelli/Piff

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Critically acclaimed is a fancy word for saying white people liked your album. His last three albums were exactly what I said "average" they weren't great but they weren't garbage either. Compare those three albums to ? 's Son, Lost Tapes, or Stillmatic and you will see my point.

Uhh so if white people like the album that means its not really good? I dont understand that logic, but anyway Untitled near classic album and was the best album released in 2008. Hip Hop Is Dead was a good album which may have its faults but its not no where near being "average", if anything Streets Disciple can be considered average, with all the filler tracks on disc 2.
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    T/S is a Eminem fan and this is a undercover way of saying Em is better than Nas.

no wonder.. poor kid probably auditioned for the "stan" role in Em's video, ha..
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Those records are really good but heres the thing

Lauren Hill made If I Ruled The World dope with out here it twouldn'tas half as good with out Lauren Hill's Chorus

Quan made Just a Moment dope with out him it would have been average with out Quan't Chorus and Verse

regardless with who he collaborated with, he touched lives.

Nas is just ill all the way around son. Sure he's made a few Lp's that not everyone agrees with, but everyone goes thru that phase. He's the essense to our ears evidently. And I'm sure you could appreciate some of his music.
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    regardless with who he collaborated with, he touched lives.

Nas is just ill all the way around son. Sure he's made a few Lp's that not everyone agrees with, but everyone goes thru that phase. He's the essense to our ears evidently. And I'm sure you could appreciate some of his music.

How can Nas be ill all round i mean he needs other people do to his Hook's for him

He can't make Club Song's

He can't make Hit's look at his Singles history and where his Singles reached in the Chart

He doesn't get personal like Eminem through Eminem's Music i know his whole life story i can't say through Nas Music i know his life story
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Uhh so if white people like the album that means its not really good? I dont understand that logic, but anyway Untitled near classic album and was the best album released in 2008. Hip Hop Is Dead was a good album which may have its faults but its not no where near being "average", if anything Streets Disciple can be considered average, with all the filler tracks on disc 2.

Most of the time white people have no clue on how to accurately rate a hiphop album, takes this years grammy nominations for example, what a joke..Nas is a victim of his own greatness it's hard to consistently put out classic albums Nas has at least four under his belt, but you can't just be a fan and give him a pass and say "It's Nas" even if the music has declined
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just that Eminem has 3 universally accepted over critically acclaimed Album's by the masses and the industry countless Grammy Awards for his classics and general wordwide opinion by fan's is that

The Marshall Mathers LP is regarded as one of the greatest Album's ever made

Nas has made some of the most aweful Album's like Nastradamus, Streets Disciple, Hip-Hop Is Dead, I Am etc

Nas has one universally accepted classic by the industry and fan's opinion with Illmatic and It Was Written being a near classic by general opinion

Dude .. stop comparing Nas to Em .. answer the question the T/S asked and keep it pushing.

Also, an average Nas LP is > Most rappers today's best albums

I hope you dont believe that " Men lie, women lie, numbers dont" ? ..
  • 5th Letter
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Most of the time white people have no clue on how to accurately rate a hiphop album, takes this years grammy nominations for example, what a joke..Nas is a victim of his own greatness it's hard to consistently put out classic albums Nas has at least four under his belt, but you can't just be a fan and give him a pass and say "It's Nas" even if the music has declined

I dont think his music has declined If anything he is a more well rounded artist now than he was around the Stillmatic/? Son era. I dont think white people are clueless there are some who actually listen to the music and is well aware of the culture and what is actually good. I look at a album like Untitled which covers various topics whether its religion, politics, or various different social issues all within the album, thats something Nas couldn't have pulled off as well back in 2001 or 2002, he has a way of speaking about social issues and doing it in a way that's entertaining, and name dropping various blacks in history that have helped paved the way all throughout the album. He has def grown as an artist and has matured, and isn't stuck on making more Stillmatic type albums, although to be honest I would love another album like that, but I also understand that he is in a different phase in his life and has grown.
  • Tupacfan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How can Nas be ill all round i mean he needs other people do to his Hook's for him

He can't make Club Song's

He can't make Hit's look at his Singles history and where his Singles reached in the Chart

He doesn't get personal like Eminem through Eminem's Music i know his whole life story i can't say through Nas Music i know his life story

I guess this depends on what type of flava your ear listens too, because I like nas, i don't really care for the club bangas so it actually works out well that he ain't create one, that's saved for the birds.

As far as charts and singles and so forth, the masses ain 't really worreid about how much he sold or if he's debuting number one air play, ? all that.. but when his ? drops, you have folks standing in line waiting to purchase his CD.

No comparsions between nas and em at all.

Half of eminem's music isn't literally great at all either.. he made songs about killing his mom, dude has homosexual tendacies fa real, and your starting to look real suspect coming off with that eminem stan. And I"m just observing yo, no judgement or pun intended. Just keepin it rock solid.
  • 5th Letter
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How many "club bangers" does Em actually have and why is that so important?

Damn now I'm getting off topic with the question but it needs to be asked.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No. Next question...
  • NevaChange
    NevaChange Members Posts: 230
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol.
    Sounds like someone caught feelings over the Eminem thread.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How many "club bangers" does Em actually have and why is that so important?

Damn now I'm getting off topic with the question but it needs to be asked.

Smack That which was Produced by him and features him but was Akon's Song

Shake It which also was succesful on the Chart and reached the top 10

The Real Slim Shady which according to most DJ's is massive in the club's all over Europe

Ass Like That which also reached the top 10 in the Chart
  • ShadyTeam
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I guess this depends on what type of flava your ear listens too, because I like nas, i don't really care for the club bangas so it actually works out well that he ain't create one, that's saved for the birds.

As far as charts and singles and so forth, the masses ain 't really worreid about how much he sold or if he's debuting number one air play, ? all that.. but when his ? drops, you have folks standing in line waiting to purchase his CD.

No comparsions between nas and em at all.

Half of eminem's music isn't literally great at all either.. he made songs about killing his mom, dude has homosexual tendacies fa real, and your starting to look real suspect coming off with that eminem stan. And I"m just observing yo, no judgement or pun intended. Just keepin it rock solid.

Well what really makes me appreciate Eminem so much simply is this

Eminem will make a deep record about the most heart felt topic such as being a parent but say the message in the most Lyrical way using Multi's

Singing the Hook and making it really catchy

BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE is simply the answer

Deeepest topic that everyone relates to but Written really Lyrical and also catchy
  • 5th Letter
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Smack That which was Produced by him and features him but was Akon's Song

Shake It which also was succesful on the Chart and reached the top 10

The Real Slim Shady which according to most DJ's is massive in the club's all over Europe

Ass Like That which also reached the top 10 in the Chart

You cannot be serious? Ass Like That?
  • 11BamBam11
    11BamBam11 Banned Users Posts: 57
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Em aint seeing Nas in concepts or storytelling.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited January 2010
    Options
    11BamBam11 wrote: »
    Em aint seeing Nas in concepts or storytelling.

97 Bonnie & Clyde
    Kim
    When I'm Gone
    Brain Damage
    Stan
    Yellow Brick Road
    Cleaning Out My Closet
    Stay Wide Awake
  • Tupacfan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well what really makes me appreciate Eminem so much simply is this

Eminem will make a deep record about the most heart felt topic such as being a parent but say the message in the most Lyrical way using Multi's

Singing the Hook and making it really catchy

BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE is simply the answer

Deeepest topic that everyone relates to but Written really Lyrical and also catchy

Well understood.
  • 5th Letter
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Playing along with ShadyTeam

Nas (concept/storytelling tracks)

I Gave You Power
    Black Girl Lost
    The Message
    If I Ruled The World
    Street Dreams remix
    Phone Tap
    We Will Survive
    Nas Is Like
    Undying Love
    Ghetto Prisoners
    Life We Chose
    Project Windows
    ? Love Us
    Some of Us Have Angels
    You're Da Man
    Rewind
    2nd Childhood
    Destroy and Rebuild
    Rule
    My Country
    Purple
    Doo Rags
    Fetus
    The Cross (produced by Em)
    I Can
    Book of Rhymes
    Thugs Mansion
    Revolutionary Warfare
    Dance
    Heaven
    Message to the Feds
    These are our Hero's
    Sekou Story
    Live Now
    Rest of My Life
    Just a Moment
    Street Disciple
    UBR
    Getting Married
    War
    Reason
    Me & You (a song about his daughter)
    Who Killed It
    Still Dreaming
    Cant Forget About You
    Blunt Ashes
    Queens Get the Money
    Cant Stop Us Now
    Sly Fox
    N.I.G.G.E.R
    Fried Chicken
    Y'all My ?
    Black President

All off the top of my head are songs Nas made that are storytelling/concept driven
  • ShadyTeam
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well understood.

This is what i been trying to tell Jamaica, Neva Change, Jimmy Swagger, Queens Get Money etc ever since i been on the IC

Why is it they fail to comprehend what i just said but you understood clearly?
  • Tupacfan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    No, oh ? no.Eminems topic is pretty limited if you ask me (daughter, hates his mom, pop pills), as far as concepts (Rewind, 22 2's, I gave you power, 44 4's,etc). Storytelling they have Em again ( Memory Lane,Meet the Parents,etc), crossover hits (If i ruled the world, Hard Knock Life, Hate me now,Empire state of mind). To me whatever EM has done Jay and Nas has done ontop of the fact they have better catalogs and certified classics to back it up. Not to say EM ain't dope because he is, his music doesn't resonate as much to me as other guys.

100% co- sign..

My first co-sign in many year's that is.. lol
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • Tupacfan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This is what i been trying to tell Jamaica, Neva Change, Jimmy Swagger, Queens Get Money etc ever since i been on the IC

Why is it they fail to comprehend what i just said but you understood clearly?

I don't necessarily agree with you, but i understand your point and what your trying to convey. But nas is stil the illest lol. Nuff said.
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    T/S didn't even mention Stillmatic when talking about Nas' albums. He has 3 at least really good albums, to Em's 3 really good albums. Eminem put out trash also. Remember Encore? Both of these guys are great rappers, some people can relate to one more than the other, but it is difficult for me to believe that one is eons better than the other as "shadyteam" seems to be attempting to do. Em has deep songs, as does Nas, Em has wack songs, as does Nas.
    And who cares who makes more "club songs", that doesn't define a superior MC.
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How is it that this thread went from Nas is overrated to Eminem is underated
  • 11BamBam11
    11BamBam11 Banned Users Posts: 57
    edited January 2010
    Options
    one mic

dead presidents

Playing along with ShadyTeam

Nas (concept/storytelling tracks)

I Gave You Power
    Black Girl Lost
    The Message
    If I Ruled The World
    Street Dreams remix
    Phone Tap
    We Will Survive
    Nas Is Like
    Undying Love
    Ghetto Prisoners
    Life We Chose
    Project Windows
    ? Love Us
    Some of Us Have Angels
    You're Da Man
    Rewind
    2nd Childhood
    Destroy and Rebuild
    Rule
    My Country
    Purple
    Doo Rags
    Fetus
    The Cross (produced by Em)
    I Can
    Book of Rhymes
    Thugs Mansion
    Revolutionary Warfare
    Dance
    Heaven
    Message to the Feds
    These are our Hero's
    Sekou Story
    Live Now
    Rest of My Life
    Just a Moment
    Street Disciple
    UBR
    Getting Married
    War
    Reason
    Me & You (a song about his daughter)
    Who Killed It
    Still Dreaming
    Cant Forget About You
    Blunt Ashes
    Queens Get the Money
    Cant Stop Us Now
    Sly Fox
    N.I.G.G.E.R
    Fried Chicken
    Y'all My ?
    Black President

NevaChange wrote: »
    LMFAO!! One thing I do know, is that when it comes to creativity, concepts, and storytelling.... Nas absolutely ? on the white boy. Fetus, Undying Love, Last Words (where he personifies a prison cell), I Gave You Power, Blaze A 50, Rewind, 2nd Childhood, Who Killed It, What Goes Around, Project Windows, ? By Myself, My Worst Enemy, Gangsta Tears, Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive, Amongst Kings, Ny State Of Mind, Money Is My ? , The Message, Ny State Of Mind 2, ? Love Us, Family, Suspect, My Country, Black Girl Lost, Shootouts, The Set Up, One Mic, Ghetto Prisoners, Tales From The Hood, When Thugz Die, Project Roach, One Love, Poppa Was A Playa, Rise And Fall, One On One, Find Ya Wealth, Wanna Play Rough, No Idea's Original, Heaven, Black Zombies, Purple, and many, many other songs in his catalogue are proof of this.

Sorry stans, but Marshall isn't the best at anything. Lol@ this chump taking a 5 year break and still having to retread the same corny topics from a decade ealier. There's also one other artist who destroys the white boy in concepts, creativity and storytelling - he goes by the name of Lupe Fiasco.

Close Thread.
This discussion has been closed.