Scottie Pippen Dunk From The Foul Line (1990 Dunk Contest)

Options
2»

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I remember watching the dunk contest when Brent Barry won. I remember thinking 'man the dunk contest has gone downhill'.

The dunk contest was kinda wack until they stopped doing it for 2 years (1998/99). Then Vince Carter brought it back in 2000 with some new dunks.

But then it immediately fell off the next year when Desmond Mason won it. The two years J-Rich won it were nice though.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    BMu_l2.gif

tumblr_naeszo1JiC1rq1dtdo1_250.gif

Yeah but look where his foot was when he took off. His whole foot was in front of the line.

Scottie's foot was almost completely behind the line.

Jordan ? the ball and shows more hang time. Pippen doesn't and goes straight up with little hang time. Before Jordan dunked from the line he dribbled which makes it difficult. Him and Pippen are the only ones that dribbled before they took off. Everyone else that did(Dr.J, Drexler, Barry)didn't dribble at all.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So why pip score lower than Barry and Dr j etc...?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    So why pip score lower than Barry and Dr j etc...?

Probably because he didn't add anything new. That was 1990. Jordan did his famous dunks from the foul line in the 87 and 88 dunk contests. By 1990 we'd seen it before.

I think Barry got extra points for being white.
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He made that look easy
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-24204-1389114434-24.gif?resize=500%2C381

This ? look ugly as hell.....look somebody launched an autistic boy off trampoline
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ? look ugly as hell.....look somebody launched an autistic boy off trampoline

Yeah it was the worst looking... But that warmup was a great feature because it makes the dunk more challenging technically... Plus I prefer the pullover on vs. Seeing a 6'9 Stick Stickley aka NBA POW aka White Durant floating through the airspace...
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You basically just gave him props though when you said "it looks like he jumped off of a trampoline"
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BMu_l2.gif

h0Mr0BP.jpg

tumblr_naeszo1JiC1rq1dtdo1_250.gif

all Mike's free throw dunk joints were just to clean dude was literally flying, he brought the ball back by his head and extended it back out Pippen's hand was extended forward.

Mike was damn near eye level with the rim

51qDxwm6lvL.jpg

u could look at this any angle its godly
    michael-jordan-dunk.jpg

That last image is the GOAT.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    This dunk never gets talked about and they gave him a low score

He took off from further away than Michael. The only reason Michael got a 50 on his dunk was because the All Star game was in Chicago in '88 and they were never going to let Dominique walk out of there with a W...

Where do yall get this ? ? My ? were you even ALIVE? Lls

For one he wasnt being graded against other FT line dunks, 2, he did what only Mike could do which is glide and put that extra ? in there.
    Yall ? done revisionist historied everything on earth but yall not bout to revisionist history Mike damn Jordan c'mon

1. Were you even ALIVE Stanley?

In the final round of '88, Dominque dropped the HAMMER like always and they gave him a 45... A 45 BRO. If he gets even a 48, Jordan could only tie with a 50.

Then they gave Jordan a 50 for that FT line dunk even though it was the THIRD time THAT CONTEST he did a FT Line dunk. He had already done it in the first round.

Then he misses it on his first attempt in the final round. Gets it on the second and gets a 50. THEY GAVE JORDAN A 50 ON HIS SECOND ATTEMPT OF A REPEAT DUNK.

2. So I'm a revisionist by telling the truth about something that really happened? Nah, I'm tryna kick the ? ya need to learn though...

Xgr0g.gif
    real spit