N.C. To Introduce Bill Repeal Bathroom Law Due To Loss Of Business/Revenue

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in The Social Lounge
On Monday morning, Representatives Darren Jackson, Graig Meyer, Susi Hamilton, and Grier Martin will file a bill to repeal House Bill 2 (Public Facilities Privacy Act) in its entirety.

As part of this effort, the four Representatives will hold a joint press conference on Monday at 11:00 am in the NCGA pressroom to further explain beginning the effort to repeal House Bill 2.

"The damage to NC’s reputation and economy has been swift and is growing exponentially. House Bill 2 is bad for all NC citizens and it is bad for all NC businesses." This, according to a press release sent out by the North Carolina Democratic Party.

This press conference will be open to all media as well as the general public.

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    jpg

that all a bunch of us see
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fix your thread
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it just make it mandatory that companies also have a Co-ed bathroom. I hate having to take my daughter to the bathroom and I have to either take her to the men bathroom or send her in by herself. I stopped taking her places because of that.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same thing Alabama did. Introduced some ? bill aim at illegal immagrants, saying they were taking their jobs. The immagrants fleed and they had no one to pick their crops for no money, their economy took a huge hit. Then they quietly repealed it.
    The funny thing about the video VICE did on it was, they had a town hall meeting or something and a bunch of angry farmers show up. This one farmer was saying how mexicans are good hard workers and Americans are lazy (which isnt exactly true) but the irony of it is he was ? obese calling people lazy.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soft ass state

Stick to your guns
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-ed bathrooms sounds like a potential circus. Why not make it easy and everbody go to the facility that matches the ? you have on your body when nature calls. You are only in there roughly ten minutes. Not nearly enough time for oppression to set in.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Co-ed bathrooms sounds like a potential circus. Why not make it easy and everbody go to the facility that matches the ? you have on your body when nature calls. You are only in there roughly ten minutes. Not nearly enough time for oppression to set in.

They have Co-ed bathrooms in Europe and on warships. And Macys have family bathrooms.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    ? it just make it mandatory that companies also have a Co-ed bathroom. I hate having to take my daughter to the bathroom and I have to either take her to the men bathroom or send her in by herself. I stopped taking her places because of that.

Yea that ? some ? . I've always took my daughter with me to the mens' room. And a lot of places only have the bathroom changing area in the women's bathroom. I've boguarded a women's room before
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll just leave this here...

More than 500,000 boycott Target over transgender bathroom policy

A conservative Christian activist group has gained more than half a million signatures and counting from people pledging to boycott Target over its transgender bathroom policy.

The petition started by the American Family Association on Wednesday raises concerns that Target's inclusive stance on transgender rights encourages sexual predators and puts women and young girls in danger, because "a man can simply say he 'feels like a woman today' and enter the women's restroom."

The boycott has more than 517,000 signatures as of Monday afternoon, marking it as one of AFA's most popular campaigns.

"This is the best response we’ve ever had this quick," says AFA President Tim Wildmon, attributing the protest's viral nature to the fact that "everybody knows who Target is, and it’s an easy-to-understand issue."

Wildmon says Target stands "to lose a lot of customers who won't come back." But Target is standing by its policy.

"We certainly respect that there are a wide variety of perspectives and opinions," says Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder. "As a company that firmly stands behind what it means to offer our team an inclusive place to work — and our guests an inclusive place to shop — we continue to believe that this is the right thing for Target."

She added that hundreds of Target stores "have single-stall, family restrooms for those who may be more comfortable with that option."

Target made its position public in a blog post last week, stating that the company welcomes "transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity." The announcement comes as legislation on transgender issues in multiple states has spurred several major corporations and businesses to take a stance on LGBT rights.

Deutsche Bank halted a plan to add 250 jobs to an outpost of the company in North Carolina after the state passed a law requiring transgender people using public bathrooms to use the one associated with their gender at birth.

The American Family Association, a non-profit based in Tupelo, Miss., frequently protests on issues that target what it considers traditional family values. Its more recent campaigns include canceling the organization's use of PayPal after that company pulled back on plans to open a new facility in North Carolina due to the state's transgender bathroom law.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is still crazy to me
    Cant believe ? has come to this
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people need to team up with the ? or neo cons on this one
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is weird right now

If I ain't believe in ? , I'd be scared right now
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »

Coed bathrooms aren't that serious. The dorms in my school had them when I was in college. If college students can handle it so can adults....
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The feelings lmao
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was quick....
    C.R.E.A.M.