New Thread Series: MY Batman

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Future threads will focus on Superman, Spiderman, X Men, Flash, Green Lantern, and more on request.

Because there are so many versions of the same character between the comics, tv, movies, and games, and because these characters have existed for decades upon decades, many people have different ideas of what the main version of a character looks and behaves like and what stories make the character what he or she really is.

Simple question: Which is your definitive version of Batman?

New Thread Series: MY Batman 22 votes

Pre-Infinite Crisis comics
0%
The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel
0%
New 52 Comics
0%
Adam West live tv
0%
Michael Keaton/Val Kilmer/George Clooney
0%
The Dark Knight trilogy
0%
Ben Affleck BvS
0%
The Animated Series/Justice League
54%
soul rattlerbdbdbdCJgdatruth2.0Lou CypherBetaBenjaminEdeemula420manofmorehousereapin505BangEm_Bart 804 12 votes
Other
4%
Recaptimus_Prime360 1 vote
No definitive version. I like them all more or less equally
40%
5th Letterlord nemesisBroddieillestni99ainneStoneColdMikeynj2089Big KolaSplackavelliHundredEyes 9 votes

Comments

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cartoon from the 90s was ? GOAT but I ? with the new DC animated movies and TDK trilogy hard
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Animated series for sure. Watched that ? everyday for years
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I see the animated series as the defining version for me but I know that I like the jilted off-center near deranged Batman we saw in Dark Knight Returns novel. That version is what set the tone for most incarnations of Batman that followed.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Mix between the justice league/animated series and dark knight returns graphic novel
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As diplomatic as it seems I have enjoyed all those versions in their own way. Most definitive for me is pre-crisis on infinite earths batman.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who's "Fash"?

Is it a ? X-Man from the mind of Bryan Singer?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    I choose other b/c my choice is the animated series version, and the Ben Affleck version.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Dark Knight Returns BatMan from the animated movie for me..
    dunno which one that is..

iv been followin BatMan since youth and i like him bein older.. it makes more since wit me now commin of age.. i wanna see Bruce wakin up wit a ? knee cause IM GOIN THRU ? LIKE THAT!!! lol
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honorable Mention to the Arkham Video Game Series.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no definitive version being that I was introduced to Batman from my early childhood with the super friends and watching the mold Adam West version in pre school. I don't read Batman or DC in my elementary school days because I was mostly marvel the only book I was reading was Superman.
    I watched the 89 Tim Burton movie a year after it was released when I hit middle school and that's when I bought my first Batman comics where he and Jason Todd the second Robin took on two face. After watching Batman returns in july92 the animated series dropped the later in August when I was going into high school. Then I started reading and collecting more when I started college. I have an entire history of my life with Batman and I'd say that most versions the Nolan movies Ben affleck, the arkham game and the animated series compliments and reflects the comics very well. The animated series looks was inspired by the time Burton movies but the stories and supporting characters like harvey Bullock are right out of the comics.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MK vs DC Batman
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have to separate Keaton from Kilmer and Clooney...those counterfeits were no where near his class..
  • soul rattler
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    You have to separate Keaton from Kilmer and Clooney...those counterfeits were no where near his class..

Yeah but it was all technically apart of the same continuity. Clooney replaced Kilmer who replaced Keaton.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mom and I used to watch the animated series. Hell she gave me one of her batman comics when I was a kid