Jesus Christ, this is life ? how sway ?

Options

Comments

• bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    only thing i dont understand, is each support order 1 child ? meaning he has 4 children ? or is that 1 child and its back child support ? and is that ? paying 220 each check for health insurance (core health) or they making that ? pay health insurance for all those kids ?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me rephrase that, @DWO. You seem to feel like it's unfair that he's paying that amount in child support. So what's your solution to the fact that he has 4 children that need to be taken care of?

Should they lower the amount and put that extra burden on the moms?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Let me rephrase that, @DWO. You seem to feel like it's unfair that he's paying that amount in child support. So what's your solution to the fact that he has 4 children that need to be taken care of?

how does fight for custody put it all on the moms??

that's taking pressure off of her if anything...

there's more to parenting than just financial support.....

however when you're paying that kinda money, finance is pretty much all you can do....and on top of that you have to hope the mother has good money management skills.....

a child is a shared responsibility......you keep you receipts so that you can show that you financially contribute outside of the court appointed child support, you record everything, meaning any and every conversation you have where her where you try to support your child in other means.....and you take all that to get custody...wheter it's joint or full......

it don't take that much money when both parents are supporting the child equally.....dude getting ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Custody of all 4 orrrrrr?
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    I can really only muster up so much sympathy for dude.

? still wrong no matter how you cut it,

that's like a cop killing a ? for running a red light...

yea running the light was wrong... but he gotta die?

Let's skip the analogy. What's your suggestion for an alternative solution to THIS issue?

collect receipts, record everything, fight for custody
    Let's not use fighting for custody as an alternative to child support. If you really want custody of your children, fine, go to court for them. You definitely should. But not just to avoid child support that's some ? .

• mryounggun
    Options
    Eh, never mind.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    doesnt have any baby mamas post*

Same here!

young ladies of the IC, see ya around :)

Haha
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how does fight for custody put it all on the moms??

that's taking pressure off of her if anything...

there's more to parenting than just financial support.....

however when you're paying that kinda money, finance is pretty much all you can do....and on top of that you have to hope the mother has good money management skills.....

a child is a shared responsibility......you keep you receipts so that you can show that you financially contribute outside of the court appointed child support, you record everything, meaning any and every conversation you have where her where you try to support your child in other means.....and you take all that to get custody...wheter it's joint or full......

it don't take that much money when both parents are supporting the child equally.....dude getting ?

You said it doesn't take that much to support a child?
    Let's say the lowest amount he is paying is $152 every two weeks and that's one child. Right now I pay $120 a week for daycare for 1 child. He's 3. That doesn't include food, pull-ups and more food because he eats all the time. So as a father I should financially only be responsible for half daycare and and food?
    Not to mention he's paying support on at least 3 kids. That's why he doesn't have any damn money.
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And another thing. I have have two sons and if for some reason my wife and I ever split up and I'm only giving her $300 every 2 weeks I'd have a lot of disposable income but I'd also feel bad because I know it takes a whole lot more than that to take care of them
  • Dupac
    Options
    i said it don't take that much when both parents doing their job equally.....

of curse i'm with my wife, and we take care of everything as a team....but if i was getting like 20% or less each pay, and still was expected to put in the exact type of work with my kid as i do now...i'd come up short in more ways than i can imagine......

when you're working together it's less of a strain on everybody....child support is greatly abused.....

i've yet to see one situation where someone is paying child support and they have a healthy working relationship with the other parent....it's always some ? .....
  • Dupac
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

Let's skip the analogy. What's your suggestion for an alternative solution to THIS issue?

Let's not use fighting for custody as an alternative to child support. If you really want custody of your children, fine, go to court for them. You definitely should. But not just to avoid child support that's some ? .

naw if you're requesting custody to ease the strain on yourself and the other parent when it comes to providing for your child, it'snot a ? at all
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What state is this in? Is this biweekly or weekly?

Cause he really could be getting screwed over with his OT more than anything.

• Westie
    Options
    i said it don't take that much when both parents doing their job equally.....

of curse i'm with my wife, and we take care of everything as a team....but if i was getting like 20% or less each pay, and still was expected to put in the exact type of work with my kid as i do now...i'd come up short in more ways than i can imagine......

when you're working together it's less of a strain on everybody....child support is greatly abused.....

i've yet to see one situation where someone is paying child support and they have a healthy working relationship with the other parent....it's always some ? .....

I think you either overestimated how much money women normally get for child support, or underestimated how much it really takes to raise a child. Alone. I don't think the amount of what that guy is paying is Fair based on his income but to think that any of those children are being adequately cared for with money left over for the mom to blow, or half of their upbringing is only totaled $800 is a stretch.

As for going to court, of course it creates strain on the parental relationship. And of course you will always have women who hold that over a decent father's head because they're angry, and you are always going to have deadbeats. But the majority of parents, because their relationships failed, might need the court in place because they need a third-party intervening. whether it be because they don't think they are given enough to adequately care for the child or the other person isn't doing their Duty. It is definitely necessary because there are so many children who wouldn't have it from the non-custodial parent if it did not exist.

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• Westie
    Options

naw if you're requesting custody to ease the strain on yourself and the other parent when it comes to providing for your child, it'snot a ? at all

Honey, having custody of a child by yourself is in no way shape or form less of a strain. Who's responsible for getting them to and from school every day? Who's responsible for picking them up when they are sick 99% percent of the time? Who has to deal with doctor's appointments, after school programs, paperwork, Health insurance, appointments, attitudes, preparing meals, doing hair, etc, etc.

What exactly do you think is less of a strain by having physical custody? We all have to have places to live, but if you have your child full time you need to make sure that the house you live in is adequate for them so your 1-bedroom apartment now has to be 2 bedroom apartment. Your free schedule that you have now revolves around picking your child up from school and getting them into an after school and/or before school program. Every single decision you make from now on revolves around your children. There's a huge difference between seeing your kids on the weekend and providing a home for your child.

Also, if your only motivation to have your child full time is to keep the other parents hands off of your money, that's horrible. You should want to have your child there with you, you should want to raise them and have input in their life. it should not be about money. That was my actual point.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vasagel male contraceptive coming soon. Real talk if u know u don't want kids, get the vasectomy. Condoms are ? . Counting on chick's to have an abortion is ? . Protect yourself so u won't end up like Dude. If that's 4 separate CS deductions, the ? didn't learn his lesson and deserves all the ? he's experiencing. Can't make excuses for idiocy
  • mryounggun
    Options

Honey, having custody of a child by yourself is in no way shape or form less of a strain. Who's responsible for getting them to and from school every day? Who's responsible for picking them up when they are sick 99% percent of the time? Who has to deal with doctor's appointments, after school programs, paperwork, Health insurance, appointments, attitudes, preparing meals, doing hair, etc, etc.

What exactly do you think is less of a strain by having physical custody? We all have to have places to live, but if you have your child full time you need to make sure that the house you live in is adequate for them so your 1-bedroom apartment now has to be 2 bedroom apartment. Your free schedule that you have now revolves around picking your child up from school and getting them into an after school and/or before school program. Every single decision you make from now on revolves around your children. There's a huge difference between seeing your kids on the weekend and providing a home for your child.

Also, if your only motivation to have your child full time is to keep the other parents hands off of your money, that's horrible. You should want to have your child there with you, you should want to raise them and have input in their life. it should not be about money. That was my actual point.

This.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 and in pull ups, ? should be in draws by now
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    "I'll spend a check on that ? .."

-Future Hendrix

So this is what these idiots mean when they say Future is their leader lol
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    "I'll spend a check on that ? .."

-Future Hendrix

So this is what these idiots mean when they say Future is their leader lol

You can't be talking about me, I've already clearly explained my words on here multiple times, the fact that you STILL can't comprehend is your own mental deficiency

I'm not sure why my posts have such power over your mind but it's more flattering than insulting to me just so you're aware
  • Dupac
    Options
    Y'all got to stop taking my posts out of context, every single post I made the ? being less of a strain was about the mother and father sharing their responsibilities as a team..

I'll take the charge if y'all just say my witnessed experiences don't represent the whole, but in every instance of no child support I've seen with both parents working together, the ? runs much smoother than EVERY instance of child support I've ever seen whether the parents are trying to work together or not..

I just think child support directly ruins any hope of family structure. And when you see them taking out that much money, it's just disgusting because not only is the family ruined, the person having those deductions taken out is ruined as well. They're living a horrible life and the child is pretty much suffering as well. The only person who makes out is the recipient who gets $$$ and nothing else...

I just say if any body is in a single parent situation, either try to work it out with the other parent, or do the ? solo in hopes that the other parent gets it together at some point.... Cuz that child support closes the door completely... And you might end up doing it dolo anyway, it's only a matter of time before that person says ? it and gets their money off the books, which in that case, no one wins