Baby Falls Into Gorilla Cage At Zoo

Options

Comments

• harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Zoo Witness: Gorilla Was 'Protecting' 4-Year-Old, 'Wasn't Hurting Him'
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/zoo-witness-gorilla-protecting-year-wasnt-hurting/story?id=39467509&yptr=yahoo

Gorilla Shot in Cincinnati Zoo Would Have Killed Boy Without Intervention, Expert Says
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/gorilla-shot-cincinnati-zoo-killed-boy-intervention-expert/story?id=39478421

The parent should've been watching their child and the zoo should've made sure the cage wasn't that accessible.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What i don't get why the ? do we have these animals caged up ?? For our entertainment. Smh. Let them go and be animals thata their purpose in life is not for us to take pictures and ? when we feel like it. ? that mother for not taking care of her child
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/zoo-witness-gorilla-protecting-year-wasnt-hurting/story?id=39467509&yptr=yahoo

Gorilla Shot in Cincinnati Zoo Would Have Killed Boy Without Intervention, Expert Says
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/gorilla-shot-cincinnati-zoo-killed-boy-intervention-expert/story?id=39478421

The parent should've been watching their child and the zoo should've made sure the cage wasn't that accessible.

Ppl contradicting themselves...
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

The gorilla was dragging the baby like a damn doll. Even if he intended to help the baby, he's 500 lb and I have no doubt he would have killed that child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNhEW_MifDY

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right now I'm feeling like ? that baby

RIP to the gorilla
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

The gorilla was dragging the baby like a damn doll. Even if he intended to help the baby, he's 500 lb and I have no doubt he would have killed that child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNhEW_MifDY

I have much doubt. Yeah its dragging the baby but its Body language suggests it was being Protective. It stood the baby up as to help him out, right? Benefit of the doubt shouldve granted and its life shouldve been spared. Tranquilize that muhfucka...
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If the gorilla got shot by a tranquilizer dart he would've went ape sh*t in the 10 or so minutes it would have taken for the tranquilizer to kick in.

And with good reason to. Gorilla like "wtf? why they shooting at me?" then he would've Lenny Smalls the kid.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sucks that the gorilla had to die, but all I could picture was him going donkey kong on that baby. There really was no other option.

That's racist
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i hope the parent(s) or whoever was with that child locked up
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    Yall tripping. "Ok so lets wait and see what the silverback is gonna do. Maybe he wont hurt the baby"
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall tripping. "Ok so lets wait and see what the silverback is gonna do. Maybe he wont hurt the baby"

MOST LIKELY silverback would not have done anything to harm the baby because they are not very violent
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    That gorilla was an endangered species, white people are not an endangered species

may sound ? up, but they killed the wrong one

Didn't it turn out that the kid was black?
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

MOST LIKELY silverback would not have done anything to harm the baby because they are not very violent

Lemme take those odds with one of your kids. You dont know what the ? a damn gorilla is thinking, especially when they're confused. Those male gorillas ? their young all the time. At any moment, he could have decided to squeeze his head open like a grape. They dont recognize their own strength.Even while he was helping him, he ended up hurting him because they are massive creatures. That's how Michael Jackson got ? up by Bubbles and had to be sent away. They don't understand their strength. I can't believe we're even discussing this. Yall really wanted the zoo staff to come negotiate with the gorilla to get the child back. Maybe trade him the child for a batch of bananas.

Yes it's sad the gorilla was killed but the bold words says it all folks.
  • MrMinimalist
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That's like that idiot years ago letting all the animals loose. They had to be killed before they killed someone.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lemme take those odds with one of your kids. You dont know what the ? a damn gorilla is thinking, especially when they're confused. Those male gorillas ? their young all the time. At any moment, he could have decided to squeeze his head open like a grape. They dont recognize their own strength. Even while he was helping him, he ended up hurting him because they are massive creatures. That's how Michael Jackson got ? up by Bubbles and had to be sent away. They don't understand their strength. I can't believe we're even discussing this. Yall really wanted the zoo staff to come negotiate with the gorilla to get the child back. Maybe trade him the child for a batch of bananas.

They could have tranquilized the gorilla they did not have to shoot it and that's all i have to say on the matter
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lemme take those odds with one of your kids. You dont know what the ? a damn gorilla is thinking, especially when they're confused. Those male gorillas ? their young all the time. At any moment, he could have decided to squeeze his head open like a grape. They dont recognize their own strength. Even while he was helping him, he ended up hurting him because they are massive creatures. That's how Michael Jackson got ? up by Bubbles and had to be sent away. They don't understand their strength. I can't believe we're even discussing this. Yall really wanted the zoo staff to come negotiate with the gorilla to get the child back. Maybe trade him the child for a batch of bananas.

They could have tranquilized the gorilla they did not have to shoot it and that's all i have to say on the matter

Tranq darts don't work instantly. It takes minutes to kick in and the shot could anger the gorilla and cause it to hurt the child.
  • MrMinimalist
    Options

That would've made the gorilla angry and it would've taken it out on the child.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

It would have taken time for the drugs to set in and he would have been angry and agitated
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Brian B. wrote: »
    That gorilla was an endangered species, white people are not an endangered species

may sound ? up, but they killed the wrong one

Didn't it turn out that the kid was black?

I think it was. His mom was calling him Isaiah.