Jay-Z - Magna Carta...Holy Grail (Review)

Options
2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    terry1982 wrote: »
    This album is garbage. Jay-z need to step his content or lyrism up
    That album was str8 garbage.

I don't think the album was that bad but the content leaves a lot to be desired.....Jay has to move on from the rags to riches thing, that's very true
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was a great review. I agree on almost everything you've said. My fav tracks off the album are Beach Is Better, Jay Z Blue, Picasso Baby
  • terry1982
    terry1982 Members Posts: 17
    Options
    I ain't hating!!!! but keep it real!!! That Jay z album was str8 trash!!!! Compared to his old stuff!!!

I mean keep it real!!! Thats all i ask!!!
  • terry1982
    terry1982 Members Posts: 17
    Options
    Keep it real with yourself!!!! Quit basing it off Jay z being Jay z!!!! If yall could understand what I'm saying!!! Let's be real!!!
  • Juicille
    Juicille Members Posts: 2
    Options
    STL'S Daughter of Hiphop is no stranger to the music scene. While gaining experience by working with legendary underground Artists/Deejays in St. Louis, she now returns to her roots. "As an artist, she continues to captivate the music industry with her great diverse style of lyrical rap. No stranger to the stage, she embraces the opportunities to entertain people of all cultures. The St. Louis female rapper drops a banging new mixtape title B4 I. The project is hosted by Juicille and clocks in at 15 tracks with dope features from Battle Rap King/Icon Aye Verb and Underground Battle Emcee D-Mac.
    Fans can download "Juicille's B4 I project here: http://www.datpiff.com/Juicille-B4-I-mixtape.531225.html
    You can stream the mixtape FREE of charge!!!
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's amazing how quickly this album fizzed out but then that's about 90-95% of music these days.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard "Holy Stale" on the radio this morning. not impressed and changed the channel. no hate, just can't stand garbage music.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it like watch the the throne???? That's all I need to know cuz they said w the throne was wack but I liked it....

Is it like w the throne or weird????
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe I was listening to a different album than y'all. I loved the album when it came out and still bump that ? to this day.
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album doesn't grow on you I don't think it has longevity replay value. It was nice when it first came out because of the surprise timing
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the time it came out I was happy for a new Jay-Z album but to a point. Blueprint 3 was a major disappointment and cemented my worst fear that Jay-Z has eroded lyrically. It's one of the few Jay albums I never actually bought and I'm glad I didn't. Other than some choice songs it was a lot of filler and half assed attempts at big singles. Jay will forever be an all-time great but if he didn't make another album I wouldn't be bothered.
  • john581
    john581 Members Posts: 75
    Options
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A huge let down. I didn't know what to expect going in to this album. But man, some tracks are ? wack, it's like 90% of the album is filler, and I'm a jigga fan. Smh I don't think hov has eroded lyrically, I just think he was bored and decided to drop an album.

RD, BP1, BA, Vol 2, Vol 1, American G, Vol 3, BP2, Dynasty, BP3, Magna Carta, Kingdom Come

In that order is how I rate his catalog
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2015 and nobody plays this ?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bumped that ? yesterday five
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "This my Wayne Perry flowwwwww"

That's when I knew jigga lost his mojo. Jay Z nut hugging fans are in denial. That album is trash
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ALBUM STILL FIIIHH AS ? .... THIS REVIEW WAS MADE BY THE SAME ? WHO DIDN'T GRASP THE BILLIE HOLIDAY FLIP ON "OCEANS" BECAUSE IT WENT OVER HIS HEAD.... :s:s:s

#POVERTYREVIEW
    #POVERTYPOSTER
    #RANFROMTHEFADE
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options